**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Namor regen from specials NOT from base health on war node - possible bug

arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
edited October 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
I faced Namor in war. Node 52.
This node has 200% On regeneration. From the change that made years ago, regeneration is always from base health and not modified health.
In the next video, you will see that Namor regen 19412 HP after sp2
https://youtu.be/ZX4xTQaKAF8

Let's go to Namor Spotlight: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-namor/

Base Health: 30204
Namor has a regen ability. for each special he regen 6% of his missing health

Let's do some Math:

30204 * 0.48 = 14497.92 Missing Health
14497.92 * 0.06 = 869.87 HP that he should regen.
200% over this number is = 1739.74

Namor should have regen 1739.74HP and NOT 19412

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    It specifically states in his abilities missing health. This is not a buffet or masochism node. there is no way that missing heath can go off base health because he is not below his base health. Also not all regeneration effects are based off base health. Your will power is not going to be based off your base health, but off your modified health.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    edited October 2019
    this Is what I said. He regen too much! His will power is 200 per tick, it’s 200% from base health (willpower works well). Only regen on specials is not working correctly.
    Agree, but remember, this tread about Namor ability to regen and the node interaction, which seems bugged

Lormif said:

It specifically states in his abilities missing health. This is not a buffet or masochism node. there is no way that missing heath can go off base health because he is not below his base health. Also not all regeneration effects are based off base health. Your will power is not going to be based off your base health, but off your modified health.

Willpower is based on base health. If you ever fought someone on War Defense with suicides you'll notice that the damage they take from suicides is way higher than the amount that they are healing.
    fair enough, it does not change that his specials are from missing health and there is no way to do it based on base health.,
    Why not? I did a simple math... take percentage of health he had and do math on this. How do you think they do calculation on wolverine regen? Same way...
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    edited October 2019
    arni2 said:

I regeneration is always from base health and not modified health.

That’s incorrect. Regen is based on modified health. Have you tried to fight buffet nodes or any regen champs like ST?

He should regen 6% of 51% (missing health) + recovery mastery % + local node health and regen % increase.

His total health is 180K in your video so it should be around 14.5K regen? Not sure how it’s 19k, maybe Kabam can explain the number
    Uppercut said:

arni2 said:

That’s incorrect. Regen is based on modified health. Have you tried to fight buffet nodes or any regen champs like ST?

He should regen 6% of 51% (missing health) + recovery mastery % + local node health and regen % increase.

His total health is 180K in your video so it should be around 14.5K regen? Not sure how it’s 19k, maybe Kabam can explain the number
    There is a difference between buffet node which has the following:

And only recovery node:

In buffet it’s written that it’s from max health, so this why buffet regen so much. Recovery is not. Otherwise wolverine regen will go off the roof (like when war started couple years ago and before kabam made the changes)
    arni2 said:

Uppercut said:

arni2 said:

There is a difference between buffet node which has the following:

And only recovery node:

In buffet it’s written that it’s from max health, so this why buffet regen so much. Recovery is not. Otherwise wolverine regen will go off the roof (like when war started couple years ago and before kabam made the changes)
    And you are still missing that this states missing health
    I want to get confirmation from Kabam, otherwise you can also say that I I’ll put wolverine on that node, he should regen % of his health, but kabam changed it to prevent this kind of situations. I think Namor just missed the bullet
    Hellow said:

I’m so confused what does wolverine have to do with this?
    He’s regen is based on his power and the bigger one is based on power and sig level
    And I’m sure that the calculation for the recovery is regen*3

Long time ago when war introduced regen was from modified health. Wolverine regen insane amount.i put him as example and answer to other here.
    Namor sp2 regen 6% from missing MODIFIED health, something that seems wrong. This why I’m waiting on confirmation from kabam
    arni2 said:

I want to get confirmation from Kabam, otherwise you can also say that I I’ll put wolverine on that node, he should regen % of his health, but kabam changed it to prevent this kind of situations. I think Namor just missed the bullet

1) wolverine does not heal a % of his heath, I am not sure where you get this from, he heals a static amount.

2) "missing health" is based on total health, again there is no way to do it based off base health.
    It was percentage, this was the change.
    Anyway @Kabam Zibiit can please confirm that Namor working as intended?
    arni2 said:

It was percentage, this was the change.
    Anyway @Kabam Zibiit can please confirm that Namor working as intended?

lol, that is not what you have been saying, you said they changed regen to be off base health, not that hey changed a
    percentage into a static value, either can scale with health.

Again missing health is based of max health and there is no way to do it based on base health.
    Now seriously, are you Kabam employee, part of the dev team, that can verify it? If not, please stop and let the legit people from the company to confirm if it's working as intended or not.
    Appreciate it.
  • If anyone recalls Namor's intro, he gained health relative to his modified health in the EQ. I can't imagine this not extending to AW. His health pool has been expanded by the node, and in turn so was his regen. It's also increased by an additonal 200% by said node. Let's also note, any boosts made by player Masteries can also play a factor (additional health for example). All things considered, that Regen seems pretty on point.

@arni2 that change you spoke of... seems like things have changed yet again, and have been this way for some time now if I'm not mistaken. Years ago, very few champs had the damage output to combat such intense regen. These days, it's very doable. Couple this with the vast array of champs that can control regen, I think that change was tossed awhile ago in favor of providing an adequate challenge in high tier war. If Namor was only gaining 1,739 HP per Special, that wouldn't be much of a challenge considering your average 5* R5 or 6* R2 can hit for that much on basic light attacks, let alone critical hits.

I think it's very safe to assume this node/champ combo is working as per design. It's a Mini Boss node afterall. With the new Map design, the whole BG converges upon a single starting point on 'Bose Island', allowing anyone a shot at anything. Making the planning to cover these situations much easier. I would just bare this in mind for future wars and have someone who's rocking a champ that controls regen take on Namor if the regen is too much to beat back.
    edited October 2019
    bah this is simple, this regeneration is not even his special attack damage. I was thinking about this when I was out for a walk and it was not adding up,

he was at 49% life, so that means at a 19k heal at 49% life for 6% of missing his health pool would have to be

(51 X .06 ) = 3.06% of total life so 19,416 is 3.06 of the life

This means the health pool of the champ you are fighting would be 634, 500.

Bosses generally do not have that much health, maybe half that, at tier 1 they have 1100% health, base + 1000%

When I got back from the walk I started to over the video to see why they healed, and one thing stuck out to me that did not before

At 0 seconds I see this

at 6 seconds the questionable regen happens

19656 hit followed by 19412 regen

Namor takes 100% reduced damage from all sources while attacking his Opponent. When Namor ends an Attack, any damage prevented by Hydrokinetic Armor is captured and set back to the Opponent as Energy Damage.

My bet is that if you release the entire video what we will see is that namor charged into that special 2, and since he was attacking when that hit happened he regened all of that damage plus his bonus regen minus your dispair for having a buff on it.

So I would wager this has nothing to do with his sp regen

I should also point out that 19k hit did 11% of damage, so there is no way this heal came from the special unless it is on a node that can heal for +300%, and if so the heal have been for 3k base.
    edited October 2019
    Namor did his sp2 without touching me. here is a full war video:
    https://youtu.be/NyfrvLMPzbc?t=797
    (time 13:17). You will see the whole regen even on regular hits. He sent back damage when he hits you and he neven did, also check this video. No special.

The regeneration number is wrong, something there is wrong, even you mention it in you post.
    You keep trying to prove something, but clearly you not providing the right information and speculating.

I have no disrespect to you, but please check the facts before you misleading the community.
    edited October 2019
    arni2 said:

Namor did his sp2 without touching me. here is a full war video:
    https://youtu.be/NyfrvLMPzbc?t=797
    (time 13:17). You will see the whole regen even on regular hits. He sent back damage when he hits you and he neven did, also check this video. No special.

The regeneration number is wrong, something there is wrong, even you mention it in you post.
    You keep trying to prove something, but clearly you not providing the right information and speculating.

I have no disrespect to you, but please check the facts before you misleading the community.

I went off what you provided, providing a 14 second clip of something that happens at the very start of it is not enough to go off the facts, which is literally why I asked you to provide the full video so we can see his health pool and what happened. I went off the facts as they were provided, the full video clarifies what happened.

Now that we can see his health pool is 181k, the heals base should have been some where around 5500-6k which is about right. The health percentage thing seems off, he gained 1% off it, which even at +215% healing for mysteries is still odd.

that being said wolverine goes off bae health because he can have infinite stacks.
    Finally I can agree with you. Something is really odd there
    Haji_Saab said:

I can definitely explain the math here, if you think that is odd.

Just looking at the regen at 49% hp. He healed for 19.1k. So, the calculation is:

181k hp x 51% (missing hp) x 18% x 1.15 = 19.1k

Fair, I assumed based on the other information we haev that the 15% would be added to the 200%, not be accumulative, because they rarely do that sort of math.