**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How is the new champion release schedule any different or better for the game?

I was trying to figure out what this change meant other than 2 specific dates now for the release. I always thought the major complaint was the addition of multiple champs every month was what people found too strenuous to keep up with. Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    We get more time to go for more features thats a plus
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    It gives content creators time to showcase champions to drive interest.

And the featured crystal was a little out of whack giving accelerated access to champions falling at the end of a cycle.

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I was trying to figure out what this change meant other than 2 specific dates now for the release. I always thought the major complaint was the addition of multiple champs every month was what people found too strenuous to keep up with. Just curious.

1) players have been asking for a stop to 3 champions months, this does that
    2) players want to make sure that changes to champs happen before they get to the basic pool, this gives more time to allow that before that happens. It will not ensure no changes after basic but it does help.
  • Options
    KaspyKaspy Posts: 161 ★★★
    It is not going to be that big of a change. Under the old system there was typically 26 champs released a year and now there will be 24.
  • Options
    FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    a year has 52 Thursdays, so in the current system we have 26 new champs a year.

In the new system, we will get 2 new champs a month x 12 months, which means we are now down to a disappointing 24 champs a year instead of 26.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    I think it’s great. My thought are that the time they invest on releasing 3 champions per month can be used to ensure the 2 champions released per months are doing what it should do
  • Options
    CharChar Posts: 35
    What that also does is give time in between when the game update is out on a Wednesday and a champion would’ve been released on a Thursday (1 day apart), which wouldn’t have been enough time to test issues with interactions for that monthly game update.
  • Options
    PandamanPetePandamanPete Posts: 107
    Now that the champions release on the second Thursday of the month, this gives us more time to see the champions (whether through event quest or content creators) before they are released in arenas and crystals

This also means that more time can be put into developing and testing each new champion, and the more testing the better imo
  • Options
    dano357dano357 Posts: 106
    edited October 2019
    Sounds good, but will be interesting to see how this effects the arena schedule. Might have first run 4* basic vs new featured champs now.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

1) players have been asking for a stop to 3 champions months, this does that
    2) players want to make sure that changes to champs happen before they get to the basic pool, this gives more time to allow that before that happens. It will not ensure no changes after basic but it does help.
    You talk a lot without really considering what you’re saying.

1) the last time there were 3 champions in one month was 2018. So that argument is invalid (and makes me wonder where did you even get this assumption from?)

2) how about players who spend cav crystals when the champion comes out? It doesn’t matter if they’re in the basic. Champion “balancing” affects players more who’ve grinded arena or spend a ton of crystals.