**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega L2 vs Thing bug

LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
Device and Version:
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max (model # MWGT2LL/A)

Device Operating System:
iOS 13.1.3

Mobile Carrier:
Verizon

Cellular or WiFi:
Was on WiFi for the fight shared below

Game Version Installed:

Game Mode:
Alliance War

Champions Affected:
5* 5/65 Omega Red Sig 180, had Void/Omega synergy activated

Active Boosts:
No boosts

Description of the Issue:
I encountered 2 bugs in this one AW boss fight when battling Thing.

1. One is a known bug where i was hitting into Thing's block and he dropped his block mid-combo of me hitting into his block and then smacked me good.
2. Second one is where I got off a clean L2 and at the very end of the animation, Thing recovered and smacked me. Thing did not exceed the 15 rock stacks so I should have been able to cleanly get all the hits in without be smacked.

Video contains both bugs in the same fight and the action before the encountered bugs is x4 the speed.
https://youtu.be/BQJYaqu9Rsw

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    The first is not really a bug, as they state that it is intended. The second is a known bug, its not that thing recovered too quickly, at the end of the sp2 it is that the sp2 pushed him out of range and the sp2 started to miss, allowing him to recover.
  • KeepinItRealKeepinItReal Posts: 229
    @LilMaddogHT here's the last couple Mod replies shared by others about AI throwing SPs mid-combo. It's still being investigated. There is another merged thread.

@Lormif I haven't seen Kabam say this was ever intended "yet". Lol Surprised u said that since u seem to be pretty good at sharing updated info from Mods clarification/ confirmations.

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@LilMaddogHT here's the last couple Mod replies shared by others about AI throwing SPs mid-combo. It's still being investigated. There is another merged thread.

@Lormif I haven't seen Kabam say this was ever intended "yet". Lol Surprised u said that since u seem to be pretty good at sharing updated info from Mods clarification/ confirmations.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/roletracker/jump/131901/2019-04-24 21:48:20

If you are still seeing this, please ensure that you have updated to the newest version of the game (23.0.1). As for the wording in the Release Notes, that is because this has always technically been possible, but has always been a rare occurrence that can happen when the Attacker slows down while attacking into the Defenders block. It's also what allows players to do things like this:
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

The first is not really a bug, as they state that it is intended. The second is a known bug, its not that thing recovered too quickly, at the end of the sp2 it is that the sp2 pushed him out of range and the sp2 started to miss, allowing him to recover.

Let's not derail the thread, but here it is a my response. In any event, tbh, the "..this has always been possible.." comment reminded me of the sentinel sp1 comment incident. As far as I know, not one player agreed with that statement. We all knew from tons of in game experience that sentinels recovery from sp1 had been markedly changed. And the issue was later corrected. He was reverted back to his previous state. I don't recall reading any statements that say the ability to throw special mid block hit string has been increased to happen more often than it was before.. and that this is an intended change.

In my opinion, that statement refers to intentionally slowing down your hits in order to "block break". He even links a video of the technique.. intentionally slowing your block hits to allow the AI to recover from the hit stun and drop its block.Yes, of course the AI will throw a special if the pause between hits exceeds what was always the traditional hit stun window. No one is debating that. After that statement was made, players immediately clarified that they are NOT slowing their hits.. and confirmed that that is not what we are reporting. What we've been reporting for 7 months now is that the hit stun (window to connect another hit to your combo) had been greatly reduced.

The main issue of this post though is the sp2 failure to complete successfully and the punishment that happens after.