**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Some thoughts on Guillotine 2099.

RazorDevilRazorDevil Posts: 956 ★★★

I managed to pull her two days ago and after thouroughly testing her out I have noticed several things:
-the stability function regeneration could use a +2% potency increase
-not activating any prefight abilities grants her sp1 a 40% power drain, which is very nice, but pretty much renders Hawkeye useless... I would love to see a 30% power drain instead. That would be more balanced, especially on defense, since right now the sp1 drains 80% of the attacker's power
-the third function is a very nice niche ability which in my opinion should be increased by the same amount as the stability function
-the sp3 is either bugged or not working properly, since it does not knock down Gwenpool, despite stating that it cannot be prevented while the opponent is below 5% HP.
-the combo shield mechanic is very nice. Nothing more to say here.
-so this might sound a little crazy, but throughout my gameplay with her I noticed that this character is so strong, that I can't find any content where I can fully ramp her up. A rank 1 5* Guillotine 2099 took out an entire path in the 5.3 mutant chapter with the 50% attack reduction. Once the soul is captured everything just dies... I barely managed to recapture the soul when I already had it on. I would like to see the third function be replaced with power steal instead of drain, which could help you reach your sp3 faster.
-once the soul is captured, she should be displayed with her sword open in the fight menu. This way, one can be certain of the soul capture and choose the right pre fight abilities, since there is no point in giving up power drain, armor and regeneration for life steal if you are headed for a ramp up fight.
Anyway, what do you think? Am I wrong?

Some thoughts on Guillotine 2099. 62 votes

I agree with all the things you said
8%
KDoggg2017theMercenaryNightMonkeyFiiNCHTheInfinty 5 votes
I agree with some of the things you said, but
40%
SungjDarkrider05G0311Hammerbro_64Atul_aryanArkhamButcherLmaoScopeotoe987Nikhil619Colonaut123TehsigzorzLoctiteSuperGlueStevieManWonderWedgemonsterAshKetchumMorbidAngleBonzodavidJleodavGiodood_1Erik_Killmonger1001 25 votes
You are wrong, because
19%
R41nb0wm4g1cMagrailothosLvernon15Southfenceissamaf80Geo10megAleorKill_GreyLormifHera1d_of_Ga1actusChriissRToo_qik 12 votes
Haven't had the opportunity to test her out yet, but I have seen vids on her abilities
32%
TortoigMrLalowTerraExHavokDuke_SilverDiksh619Championcriticshadow_lurker22LeoCruzRehan010_Dead1GraydroxCtfz35Přìņče01Nik_860RoninManSpideyFunkolowlevelplayerGri_GriMathgeek 20 votes

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Haven't had the opportunity to test her out yet, but I have seen vids on her abilities
    The only thing I can on the matter right now is if the gwenpool was awakened, then it won’t work because her awakened ability prevents her from dying from a special attacks
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    You are wrong, because

The only thing I can on the matter right now is if the gwenpool was awakened, then it won’t work because her awakened ability prevents her from dying from a special attacks

her ability prevents damage from an attack to be more than up to 65% of her current health, it prevents damage, the problem is 2099 guilotines sp3 says it cannot be prevented, so it is either a bug or gwenpools ability is stated incorrectly on both the spotlight and the sheet.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

her ability prevents damage from an attack to be more than up to 65% of her current health, it prevents damage, the problem is 2099 guilotines sp3 says it cannot be prevented, so it is either a bug or gwenpools ability is stated incorrectly on both the spotlight and the sheet.
    actually, the spotlight says that Guilly99' SP3 damage can be reduced or avoided, and so does her in-game description ^_^

while we are here, i have a question reguarding guilly99: how can i "dogde" the power drain from her SP1? i know that venom is immune, and there are other champs that can reduce the power drained, and that AAR can stop it, but is there a way to actually "dodge" it with every champion, or is it like Sinister' SP1?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You are wrong, because

Lormif said:

actually, the spotlight says that Guilly99' SP3 damage can be reduced or avoided, and so does her in-game description ^_^

while we are here, i have a question reguarding guilly99: how can i "dogde" the power drain from her SP1? i know that venom is immune, and there are other champs that can reduce the power drained, and that AAR can stop it, but is there a way to actually "dodge" it with every champion, or is it like Sinister' SP1?
    I believe it’s like sinister
    You are wrong, because

Lormif said:

Fair.

You cannot avoid it completelyit will be either 40 or 80% depending if you block or evade
    so, or i evade and lose almost all my current power, or i take damage and still lose almost half of my power... another fun and interactive champion to fight against in arena... :sigh: anyway, thank you for your replies ^_^
    You are wrong, because

so, or i evade and lose almost all my current power, or i take damage and still lose almost half of my power... another fun and interactive champion to fight against in arena... :sigh: anyway, thank you for your replies ^_^

You can block, the attack has to make contact, but can still be blocked
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You are wrong, because

Losing your power doesn’t make something fun and interactive lol, the miss thing is the problem ability not that
    Lormif said:

You can block, the attack has to make contact, but can still be blocked
    yes, but i still take block damage unless i'm lucky and i perform a perfect block ^_^
    Lvernon15 said:

Losing your power doesn’t make something fun and interactive lol, the miss thing is the problem ability not that
    it does when you can't throw a single SP, because it make the fight long and tedious, but i don't have a problem with the miss thing, just heavy her and keep an eye on the timer ^_^
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I agree with some of the things you said, but
    She seems like the perfect abyss champ so makes sense that there isnt any content which can full ramp up her
    You are wrong, because

She seems like the perfect abyss champ so makes sense that there isnt any content which can full ramp up her

In act 5, act 6 should have no issues
    You are wrong, because

Lormif said:

The regen is fine, it is a spamable action AND you can get the 15% regen on near death with the charge. Also the sp1 only does 80% if evaded, otherwise it is 40%. And it does not make hawkeye redundant anymore than vision does.

"only does 80% if evaded".
    How do you plan on reaching an sp3 with your champion if you constantly get power drained 80% for evading a special 1? I find it to be exagerated, 60% defensively and 30% offensively is balanced.
    There is nothing in the rules of the game that guarantees you can reach a sp3
    You are wrong, because

How can you open with 'needs a potency increase' and end with 'can't test her out properly because every opponent just dies'...?

I can test her out properly, it's just that it is impossible to reach her full potential (600 hits), because everything is dead in less than 400 with her at rank 1.
    Go to lol
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

How can you open with 'needs a potency increase' and end with 'can't test her out properly because every opponent just dies'...?

I can test her out properly, it's just that it is impossible to reach her full potential (600 hits), because everything is dead in less than 400 with her at rank 1.
    Sounds similar to Aegon. To get there, you need to face stronger opponents. Besides, who wants to go over 400 hits?