**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doctor Doom... disappointing?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Legendary_PoeyLegendary_Poey Posts: 209
    His damage is fine and works for his kit. You don't need ghost, corvus, omega damage, etc damage to be useful.
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited November 2019

His damage is fine and works for his kit. You don't need ghost, corvus, omega damage, etc damage to be useful.

Nobody ever said you need the equivalent damage of those champs mentioned to be useful. But well done demolishing that straw man.
  • Options
    Mhykke said:

Mhykke said:

So I've been thinking that what the Mystic class needs is a generalized damage dealer, something all the other classes have. A champ that you take into a lot of fights b/c it doesn't really matter who you're fighting, your champion is going to do at least pretty well b/c they can dish out damage. The mystic class doesn't really have that, most of the time it's power control or buff counters that you're working with in regards to mystics.

I understand Kabam may be wary of adding a champ like this in mystics b/c of mystic dispersion, and that may make the champ too powerful (if he has great damage then getting to specials quickly just adds even more damage on top.) I was hoping Kabam would figure out a mechanic around this, something like trading power for increasing attack or something.

To me, mystics, even the best ones, have always felt like they had a specialized role, and you only use them if they can fulfill that role. I was really hoping Doom was going to be that mystic that you take to most fights b/c you don't care about who you're fighting, you're going to dish out some damage. Now this is only based on the videos I've seen, so I have to reserve judgment until I actually get the champ to play with, but it doesn't seem Doom is going to fulfill that role of mystic champ you're willing to take into most fights. Again, I could be wrong, but I am a bit disappointed, and feel like mystic still is lacking that thing the other classes have.

Why is this a bad thing though? Mystics have always been niche. Other classes like cosmic are workhorse champs for a variety of situations, but not the best option. We need niche champs to dominate difficult fights. Doom is insane against any buff champ. Dork Lessons was able to take the all or nothing hype in v3 1.2 with him at r3.
    Because the other classes have those kinds of champs while mystic doesn't? It's nice for balancing classes to have a mystic fulfill that role. And mystics already had a number of champs to counter buffs. Adding 1 more, even if he may be the best at it, doesn't add to the class, imo. Again, this is all without having played him.
    Each class has a different role in game. Cosmics have nothing like doom and mystics have nothing like corvus and that is ok. If what your saying is what should happen then there is no point in classes.
  • Options
    MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited November 2019

Mhykke said:

Mhykke said:

So I've been thinking that what the Mystic class needs is a generalized damage dealer, something all the other classes have. A champ that you take into a lot of fights b/c it doesn't really matter who you're fighting, your champion is going to do at least pretty well b/c they can dish out damage. The mystic class doesn't really have that, most of the time it's power control or buff counters that you're working with in regards to mystics.

I understand Kabam may be wary of adding a champ like this in mystics b/c of mystic dispersion, and that may make the champ too powerful (if he has great damage then getting to specials quickly just adds even more damage on top.) I was hoping Kabam would figure out a mechanic around this, something like trading power for increasing attack or something.

To me, mystics, even the best ones, have always felt like they had a specialized role, and you only use them if they can fulfill that role. I was really hoping Doom was going to be that mystic that you take to most fights b/c you don't care about who you're fighting, you're going to dish out some damage. Now this is only based on the videos I've seen, so I have to reserve judgment until I actually get the champ to play with, but it doesn't seem Doom is going to fulfill that role of mystic champ you're willing to take into most fights. Again, I could be wrong, but I am a bit disappointed, and feel like mystic still is lacking that thing the other classes have.

Why is this a bad thing though? Mystics have always been niche. Other classes like cosmic are workhorse champs for a variety of situations, but not the best option. We need niche champs to dominate difficult fights. Doom is insane against any buff champ. Dork Lessons was able to take the all or nothing hype in v3 1.2 with him at r3.
    Because the other classes have those kinds of champs while mystic doesn't? It's nice for balancing classes to have a mystic fulfill that role. And mystics already had a number of champs to counter buffs. Adding 1 more, even if he may be the best at it, doesn't add to the class, imo. Again, this is all without having played him.
    Each class has a different role in game. Cosmics have nothing like doom and mystics have nothing like corvus and that is ok. If what your saying is what should happen then there is no point in classes.
    Why do you keep focusing on cosmics? My original point is that every other class besides mystic had a champ I described above. Mystic is lacking, and I gave my opinion as to why the class is lacking. Just first impressions, without having played the champ, I don't see Doom as adding to the mystic class something it didn't already possess.
  • Options
    Mhykke said:

Mhykke said:

Mhykke said:

Why do you keep focusing on cosmics? My original point is that every other class besides mystic had a champ I described above. Mystic is lacking, and I gave my opinion as to why the class is lacking. Just first impressions, without having played the champ, I don't see Doom as adding to the mystic class something it didn't already possess.
    Every class is different. People have been talking about cosmics in the thread and it was the best class along with mutant. I"m not trying to say mystic is "better", but they are getting better with the addition of claire and doom. Doom is something the mystic class does not have yet. His power control is not the same as magiks, but rivals it in usefulness. His nullify is not the same as sym supreme. He has other peices of utility that the class does not add like his heavy, his shock immunity and his shock and incinerate.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    they have classified mystic as having some "specific" uses which shouldnt be case!!! mystic class needs variety in ability!! almost all has same abilities,
    - some can access it easily,
    - some needs rampup
    -and so on!!
    why can they also have wide range of abilities and varieties like cosmic or science ,
    mystics can also have raw damage ,,,why not??
    mystics can also have immunities
    they can have damage over time debuffs too and so on, why are they being built only around buffs!!!

- I LIKE DOOM no complains but having similar game plays kinda takes fun away,he seems awful lot like improved hood
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    This thread didn't age well