**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Defense Tactics for War Are Boring

The war tactics are pretty stale, I would say that almost every alliance that we are facing uses small evade. And the percentage seems to be not accurate at all seems to proc more often than I would think 5% is indicating it is.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    They're called tactics for a reason. And evade one is the most useful so course people are gonna use it. When new nodes arrive perhaps the most common one will change. And don't get me started on % evade. I remember that mesmerize Mordo in story mode. Screw that.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Terra said:

They're called tactics for a reason. And evade one is the most useful so course people are gonna use it. When new nodes arrive perhaps the most common one will change. And don't get me started on % evade. I remember that mesmerize Mordo in story mode. Screw that.

how is it a tactic if everyone is using it? It's more than a permanent setting at this point. And the ones that don't use it get trashed :)
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    they said they would be buffing the under utilized defense tactics in a coming update.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Terra said:

how is it a tactic if everyone is using it? It's more than a permanent setting at this point. And the ones that don't use it get trashed :)
    Tactics. You're supposed to prevent enemy to get to boss and finish him/her. If you have many small defenders course you're gonna use the most effective method with them. But yeah I agree. It used everywhere. This might change when we get new D.Ts one day.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    They need to add some new ones or give them all more equal viability, but not make aw super hard, not the easiest thing to do but it’d make wars much less stale
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    I’m hates bulwark node. When running sucide
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

5% chance of a 5* from a GMC = once in 3 years
    5% chance of evade = evade on every combo
    🙃

So true. I've said a few times that if crystals dropped 5* at a 5% clip as often as 5% evade procs I would load up my roster in no time. The 5% chance to evade is more like 55%. Their percentages for crystals and evading are not similar in any way. They know it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

5% chance of a 5* from a GMC = once in 3 years
    5% chance of evade = evade on every combo
    🙃

So true. I've said a few times that if crystals dropped 5* at a 5% clip as often as 5% evade procs I would load up my roster in no time. The 5% chance to evade is more like 55%. Their percentages for crystals and evading are not similar in any way. They know it.
    You hit an opponent in war atleast 20 times, you dont tend to open that many crystals unless you are whaling out.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    An idea would have been if they would have brought out 12 different defence tactics. That would cover each war in a season. You have to use all 12 during the season.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★

An idea would have been if they would have brought out 12 different defence tactics. That would cover each war in a season. You have to use all 12 during the season.

like they start ticking off as you've used them? I like that!
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    The community is partly to blame imo. We complain way too much about difficulty and then complain some more when the nodes are too easy.