**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    123ckw123ckw Posts: 1

In-Game Name: Hollow Aizen
    Device and Model: OnePlus 9
    Device Operating System: Android
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 32.2.1
    Game Mode: All

Been having more issues since I upgraded my phone from the 8 to the 9, most of the game is running in at a lower framerate, causing parry, dex, and even masic attacks to miss altogether. some stages cause worse frame drops than others, especially if either side is using Prof X.

I've been playing for 6 years and these last few months have been making this game an absolute chore to play or even look at. I understand there are a myriad of problems, but could we just get a "static background" option. Nobody needs to have the frames drop because a robot is flying around in the background, or that there's a overly detailed trophy hanging around.

I've been looking into this issue, and while I havent found a fix, I found how to improve the situation. So apparently there is something wrong with the fps of mcoc and the refresh rate of, in this case, the OP9. Even if you select 120 hz refresh rate on OP9, opening the game will cause the refresh rate to be locked at 60 hz. Now, you may be thinking that 60hz = 60fps. While that should be the case, for some reason in mcoc the fps will be half of the hertz. So 60hz would get you 30 fps and 120hz would get you 60fps. So basically my "fix" would be forcing 120 hz, which would at least make the game playable at 60 fps. I use a paid app called "AutoHZ" which basically forces the refresh rate to be locked at auto, 60hz, or 120hz. I believe there are free apps to force 120 hz too. Good luck.
  • Options
    Mine_360Mine_360 Posts: 6
    In game name: Mine360
    Device name and model: Samsung Galaxy A50
    Device Operating system: Andriod version 11
    Cellular or Wifi: Both (Spectranet and MTN)
    Game Version: 25.0.1
    Game mode: Story Quests and Event quests
    Description: Missed inputs( I can't parry, dex, or even attack sometimes. My character just stops and stands still like it got disconnected. No matter what I do, meanwhile the enemy beats me up)
  • Options
    In-Game Name: Khalejandrogo
    Device and Model: Xiaomi MiA3
    Device Operating System: Latest
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: Every game mode
    Description of the Issue: Ebony Maw SP2 causes game to crash. I have seen several posts on reddit and on this forum with the same issue
  • Options
    ingame name: Hisoka!
    Device iPhone 12 max
    Operating system Lastest
    Cellular or Wi-Fi: Both
    Game mode Act 6.3.6.

Description of issue: The node destructive feedback is not dealing out damage after the timer is over for the store damage it accumulated from my critical hits. For well over a month I've been playing the path back-and-forth and I noticed that none of my damage transfers after timer is up. I also have a very lengthy video that is posted on Twitter it's under one of DD D's current post. check it out. i used revive and boost, and spent time trying to make sure its a game issue. i expect this to be Verbally and also addressed directly in your next update an online to each player that had to fight a boss that nodes have not been working for months.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: ReAnimatorPDX
    Device and Model: LG V60
    Device Operating System: 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Verizon
    Game Version Installed: 33.3.0
    Game Mode: The entire game lags, even when selecting screens (fight, inventory, etc.).
    Description of the Issue: I've experienced this issue since updating the game to the latest version this morning. I have multiple accounts and the issue occurs across accounts. I've tried rebooting as well and that did not resolve the issue. The issue only occurs with this app. One thing I did notice when trying to document the issue is that the when my screen recorder is running, the lag seems to be significantly reduced.
  • Options
    TheMajloofTheMajloof Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: TheMajlooF
    Device and Model: xiaomi poco x3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - cellcom
    Game Mode: The entire game lags, semms like everything run on lower then 10 fps, seems better when u try to record it.
  • Options
    johnwho63johnwho63 Posts: 56
    In-Game Name: johnwho63
    Device and Model: xiaomi poco x3 nfc
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Cosmote
    Game Mode: After the update in all areas of the game I have 15fps like the 2 previous posts stated and literally the game is unplayable (i can't even do a 5 hit combo) especially with war season going on and aq soon to start
  • Options
    PorturnaksPorturnaks Posts: 9
    In-Game Name: Porturnaks
    Device and Model: Redmi Note 10 5g
    Device Operating System:Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both - Cosmote
    Like those who wrote above, after the update, the number of frames per second has greatly decreased. If you believe the built-in pointer, then 25-30FPS, but by eye 10-15. The response to touches has become many times longer, it is impossible to finish the medium combo.

I apologize for the errors, I wrote through Google Translate.
  • Options
    Igheid11Igheid11 Posts: 41
    In-Game Name: Igheid11
    Device and Model: Mi 11
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 1199522
    Description of the Issue: Most of fights with a HUGE lag, impossible to do it... the game menu is not fluid too...
  • Options
    In-Game Name: Dead-lord14
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Poco nfc 3
    Device Operating System: android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi and cellular
    Description of the Issue: All aspects of the game are lagging frame rate is drastically reduced. Menu, game play, inventory all down on performance. As previously commented by the ppl above. Completely unplayable at this time. Not great when war season is on going. All issues started since doing the latest update.
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Charlie21540
    Device and Model: LG V60 ThinQ
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Description of the Issue: Lag so bad i literally can not play the game at all currently. This honestly needs immediate attention as i can not play war or anything else.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: darth mauser
    Device and Model: galaxy s21u
    Device Operating System: v 12
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Version Installed: 33.3
    Game Mode: Alliance War
    Description of the Issue: as of today could not parry. And defender Hit through block. Red mags vs warlock and doom vs venom. I do these fights every war practically. Also unresponsive when trying to charge heavy with red magneto.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: StrangerDanger
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S21
    Device Operating System: 12
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: story quest, event quest, alliance quest, alliance war
    Description of the Issue: inputs will routinely drop. I can be mid combo and still tapping the screen, but my champion won't respond. I can be holding block and it will just drop the block randomly. Swiping backwards wont always cause champion to evade backwards. Heavy attacks will randomly launch in the middle of combos. Specials won't always launch even after pressing on the special space multiple times. I can be hitting the AI, but will just whiff a hit in the middle of the combo. This happens to any champion that I'm using. Most recently both Hercules and Kingpin in alliance war. It has happened to fights with varying nodes.
  • Options
    DarknineDarknine Posts: 5
    Nome no jogo: ¥Mitchelk9¥.
    Dispositivo e modelo: (ROG PHONE 3).
    Sistema operacional do dispositivo: (Android 11).
    Celular ou WiFi: Ambos Operadora do celular TIM.
    Versão do jogo instalada: 33.3.0
    Modo de jogo: Bug Esta em Todos os modos
    Descrição do problema: Pessoal meu smartphone é um rog phone 3, hoje depois ta atualização comecaram bugs atrasos nos comandos, eu esquivo na tela e o personagem demora cerca de 0.5 a 1s pra obedecer o comando e jogo tbm esta travado a 30 fps e nao esta usando a gpu fica cerca de 10% usada antes da atualizacao eu estava jogando a 60 fps e usava 70% e tem comandos que não estão saindo, como o medio no final do combo as vezes nao sai e ai sou contra atacado sem chance de defender o parry tambem nao esta funcionando direito isso tudo comecou a pouco tempo logo depois de atualizar o jogo
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    In-Game Name: TheHeroDeserved
    Device and Model: galaxy S20 5G
    Device Operating System: v 12
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 33.3
    Game Mode: Alliance War and Arena
    Description of the Issue:
    Parrying is way off and feels like it isnt working. Experienced it with multiple champs in AW. Same with arena.
  • Options
    AmitDevineAmitDevine Posts: 6
    Ingame name:Amit-warlord
    Device and model: Redmi k20 pro
    Operating version:12.5
    Cellular or wifi:Both.
    Game version installed:33.3.0
    Game mode:Alliance war.
    Description of issue:This update is worst
    Parry is not working efficiently and failing everytime I block and even block is failing making defenders attack unblockable.
    Thus require ur attention immediately towards this issue.
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 750 ★★★
    Kabam get one of those magical hot fixes out. You know, like the ones that always come out for pro player bugs.
  • Options
    PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60
    edited February 2022
    This problem has existed for a long time, but now it's being forced on. Same thing was going on a while ago, maybe at times when all problems started to spread and iOS users got better refresh rates on phones.

Here is thread from 2019, and there are more of these way back. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1023422#Comment_1023422

Back in 2019 there wasn't this problem with 90hz to make game work at 45fps, it was 90fps. Now when 90hz is active, game is 45fps, and game loses controls, champions stutter in pre-fight. Map movements and other activities outside of fight are fluent.

Now when this "problem" is active, it seems like you're fighting unstoppable/unblockable enemies, as nothing works like it should, or how it used to.

For Oneplus 7 Pro I have a quick fix. See if it works on your phones too.

1. Go to screen settings and change resolution, and change it back what it was before change (might not be necessary to change back, but if that's your desiredd resolution...).

For example : QHD -> FHD and then back to QHD.

2. Change refresh rate to 60hz. If it already is, you might want to switch it to 90hz and then back to 60hz.

After this your game is working like it should. If you notice your game running smoother than normally, champions stutter or missing inputs, do these again. This was happening a bit earlier, but was changed back to normal a while ago, and was working fine until this update.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: Lord Baal
    Device and Model: Poco x3 nfc
    Game Mode: The entire game lags, semms like everything run on lower then 10 fps.
    Also parry doesn't work and dex as well.
  • Options
    UhreviUhrevi Posts: 5
    In-Game name: Uhrevi Dede
    Device and Model: Poco X3 GT
    Game Mode: The entire game lags (nearly 1 sec) I cant play anything arena etc.
  • Options
    melmenartmelmenart Posts: 24
    In-Game Name: melmenart
    Device and Model: Honor 10 Lite
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Game Version Installed: Latest
    Game Mode: All modes
    Description of the Issue: When you start the game, all the icons of champions,icons of inventory items are loaded, after 10 minutes of the game it repeats again until you restart, the game freezes for 1-2 seconds during the combo, and, of course, terrible problems with parry and dex, which have already been reported, it has been going on for more than a year, and the problem is in the game itself, since everything else on my phone goes without any problems, freezes and loads.
    https://youtu.be/KayeUp7KiYw
  • Options
    k1_k1_ Posts: 2
    In game name :rocking kartik
    Device: realme6
    Wifi and cellular
    Issue: game stop and my champion stuck between fight
  • Options
    giangio63giangio63 Posts: 2
    Nome gioco giangio63
    Oppo a9
    Android 11
    Cellulare e WiFi
    Versione gioco 25.0.1 ultima
    Problemi in arena con parata e blocchi.
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    edited February 2022
    In game name: X A M Ā
    POCO X3 NFC (was butter smooth before)
    Android 11 (MIUI 12 latest update)
    Wifi (200mb)
    Terrible lag on any modality. Fps:8
    Missing evades, blocks and every area of the game interface feels laggish
  • Options
    EitorpoolEitorpool Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Eitorpool
    Device and Model: Pocox3
    Device Operating System: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both of them."Orange" for 4G
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story, Alliance wars, arena.
    Description of the Issue: Very low fps rate menus. In a combat, near one second between I press the screen and the player reacts in the game. Impossible evade, block or attack.
  • Options
    5666756667 Posts: 1
    In-game name: ØnlyÄmaan
    Device and Model: Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro
    Device Operating System: Android 11 (MIUI 12.5.7)
    Game Mode: Alliance wars, Alliance quest, Story content, Duels, Arena
    Description:
    So all these months while all the iOS users (more or less) were having a bug it was running absolutely smooth with no issues, this is the first update ever where my parry doesn't work and stuff like that. I am a player that does close range parry a lot and that is no longer viable for me to do. The game is not reacting at the speed of my touch anymore there is a slight delay which is the difference in win or lose in an AW fight
  • Options
    In-Game Name: Alparslan1071
    Device and Model: Pocox3GT
    Device Operating System: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both of them. 4G
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story, Alliance wars, arena.
    Description of the Issue: Very low fps rate menus. In a combat, near one second between I press the screen and the player reacts in the game. Impossible evade, block or attack.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: REALSOULMAN
    Device and Model: Poco x3 nfc
    Game Mode: Event quest
    Description of the Issue: During combat the lag makes impossible to make normal movements, not parry, not attack without defender's block, not dodge. It begans today after the last update of the app