**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[Android] Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Options
    In-Game Name: cheet.ice dv
    Device and Model: Redmi note 7
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular
    Game Version Installed: V33.3.1
    Game Mode: None
    Description of the Issue: does not enter the game

• Options
    With hot fix issue is better but still not as good as it was before 33.3.

I am still getting lag or freezing mid fight especially if I have been playing for a period of time aka about 5 to 7 fights it starts to be come more noticeable especially with fighting champs who evade or auto block. Controls issues are still happening with dex and perry but not has offen or consistently. Still pretty noticeable when trying to do a 5 hit MLLLM in to special 1 or 2 the input for the special is not always picked up or is delayed and this gives the enemy a chance to go into block.
  • Options
    Siva22akSiva22ak Posts: 82
    Why my game takes too much time for login it takes 5 minutes for login my mobile is new mobile and 4gb ram too also have good internet
  • Options
    nocturnalpsynocturnalpsy Posts: 12
    Game Name: nocturnalpsycho
    Device and model: Moto G power
    Device Operating System: Android 11
    Cellular or WiFi: Both on Wi-Fi and on cellular data
    Game Version Installed: 31.1.1
    Game Mode: ALL

Lag everywhere and some dropped inputs since latest update
  • Options
    ThisISROYThisISROY Posts: 4
    I am playing in M62 and from yesterday below are the issue

1. Game loading time has significantly increased
    2. Any quest, arena fight navigation along with fight start and end , loading is taking huge time...
    3. Overall one Arena fight is taking 6 to 7 minutes total which was very less earlier.
    4. Time is taking to complete the arena fight, EQ, and AQ

All the said topics you guyz (kabam) can do a test run on an android phone and you will get your answer
  • Options
    eRkoeRko Posts: 7
    Device and Version: iPhone 11
    Device Operating System: iOS 15.3.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both have longer loading times
    Game Version Installed: 33.3.0
    Game Mode: Essentially everywhere except while in a fight
    Champions Affected: Not a champion issue, just a loading time issue
    Active Boosts: None
    Description of the Issue: Every screen loadtime expand from 2 seconds to 60 seconds. This game is not playable anymore
  • Options
    Andrern27Andrern27 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: andrern1986
    Device and Model: One plus 8t
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: All modes.
    Description of the Issue: it's a couple of days that every loading screen lasts about 1 minute, it's completely unplayable in every mode especially in Arena (1 match lasts about five minute, it's awful please check it and fix it ASAP)
  • Options
    gogzygogzy Posts: 1

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
    Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
    Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

The marvel Champions game has had a total lag in play it has messed my quest and war up how long will this take
  • Options
    In-Game Name: Big Tone
    Device and Model: Oppo A54 5G
    Game Mode: All modes.

Slow running across all modes. During fights it can randomly lag/stall for 5+ seconds and this can be 4 or 5 times a fight. Can't do any further content because of this which is seriously frustrating when been playing daily for nearly 7 years. Not my internet as on 5G and 350mb fibre internet. Numerous times the game stalls so have to force quit the game. Hardly play the game now because I know I'm going to have issues which ruin the experience and frustration because I can't progress further with the game in its current state. Compensation for thronebreaker players is awful and not worth playing for much longer.
  • Options
    CristtCristt Posts: 15
    edited February 2022
    Device and Version: Android s10

Device Operating System: 12

Mobile Carrier: Roger's

Game Version Installed: 33.3.1

Game Mode: Slow loading problems happen in Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.

Champions Affected: NONE only a loading time issue

Active Boosts: NONE

Description of the Issue: It started happening on the 16th Feb. 7pm eastern time. all of a sudden.
    Long loading tines between menus and fights.
    ARENA is very bad to grind.

video attached
    https://youtu.be/e-8yb-8DRsw
  • Options
    ThisISROYThisISROY Posts: 4
    https://youtu.be/Zd3s1V_WAVg

See this as reference video of scree loading
  • Options
    PoofingersPoofingers Posts: 9
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
    Device Operating System: Android v12
    Mobile Carrier: Verizon
    Game Version: 1202935
    Game Mode: Game load, Navigation, Hero Selection, Item Selection, Crystal Opening, Screen Transition, EVERYTHING except for in-fight content.
    Champions Affected: none
    Active Boosts: none
    Description of issue: Game load now takes over 45 seconds. All actions (outside of combat) take 10-15 seconds to execute. In-combat gameplay has no issues. Screen transitions take 15+ seconds to load. Arena, which is very selection and transition heavy, is unplayable. Issue started on 2/16. Prior to this, no significant load times, though "internet connection issue" symbol was not uncommon. Tested on 1 gig wifi, 4G, and 5G. Loading issue is consistent across all.
  • Options
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10
    Device Operating System: Android v12
    Game Version: 33.3.1
    Game Mode: Game load, Navigation, Hero Selection, Item Selection, Crystal Opening, Screen Transition, EVERYTHING except for in-fight content.
    Champions Affected: none
    Active Boosts: none
    Description of issue: Game load now takes over 45 seconds. All actions (outside of combat) take 10-15 seconds to execute. In-combat gameplay has no issues. Screen transitions take 15+ seconds to load. Arena, which is very selection and transition heavy, is unplayable. Issue started on 2/16. Prior to this, no significant load times, though "internet connection issue" symbol was not uncommon.
  • Options
    JohntratravoltaJohntratravolta Posts: 2
    edited February 2022
    Why do you guys leave here in game names and other informations?

They don't give a **** for that.
    Nobody reading this.
  • Options
    k1_k1_ Posts: 2
    In game name- rocking kartik
    Device- realme6
    Issue- game is little bit slow down loading screen is taking lot of time
  • Options
    vomelunvomelun Posts: 16
    edited February 2022
    In game name- vomelun
    Device- lenovo tab m10
    Game Version: 33.3.1
    The game takes forever to charge from one screen to others... I have counted one minute between fights
    its feels idiotic waiting for so long watching a screen and other people doing there stuff and you waiting because if you are not ready you loose when the flights begins
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    These ongoing issues are beyond frustrating, cannot evade any sp, get combo to the face through block or dex, while throwing own sp, enemy seems to block it all the time. HOW LONG DO WE NEED TO WAIT FOR A FIX..........
  • Options
    Scratchmaster23Scratchmaster23 Posts: 165 ★★
    Just lost all champs in AQ in 1 fight when I rarely lose any in whole event, no words. I revived them all went into fight and its been loading for over 8 mins, when are u going to fix this game :(
  • Options
    Cosmosurfer2000Cosmosurfer2000 Posts: 62

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

In-game name : Ma®vellous
    Device : Redmi note 10s
    Android version : 11
    Network: cellular
    Game mode : all
    Game version installed : 33.3.1
    Processor: mtk helio g95 gaming processor
    Description: The game lags too much and I can't enjoy like other players. Maybe the game ain't optimized well for mediatek processors.
  • Options
    Cosmosurfer2000Cosmosurfer2000 Posts: 62
    Description: The game lags too much and I can't enjoy like other players. Maybe the game ain't optimized well for mediatek processors.
  • Options
    laughedsafelaughedsafe Posts: 8

Hi Summoners!

In game name: laughedsafe51
    Device:realme gt 5g
    Android version:12
    Network:cellular
    Game mode:all while scrolling and opening crystals and during fights.
    Processor: snapdragon 888
    Description:it's almost unplayable because of the lag. I bought this phone specially for mcoc and now mcocs update ruined mcoc for me.

• Options
    mixalisplaymixalisplay Posts: 50

• Options

Hola tengo este celular lo que pasa es que me abre bien y todo pero al momento de iniciar o acabar una pelea se cierra la app sin aviso previo
  • Options
    ChiragKanzariyaChiragKanzariya Posts: 22
    In-Game Name: Chirag Kanzariy
    Device and Model: Redmi Note 7 Pro
    Device Operating System: 10
    Cellular or WiFi: Both ( Mostly on cellular)
    Game Version Installed: 33.3.1
    game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: I am facing always lag while playing game, when I have tried to complete 6.2.6 champion boss I wasted many units due to this lag issue. When it lags for a fraction of sacond screen become freeze and while start again defender hit my champion and wasting of revives & units. I recently completed act 6.2.6. I am facing same lag issue in every mode of this game. Not facing much lag in war but always facing in side events, story mode or while playing arena.
  • Options
    ZolobacsiZolobacsi Posts: 91
    The game is pathetic now. Impossible to do any more difficult content. If there is no solution soon I'm out.
  • Options
    Hogier27Hogier27 Posts: 8
    Hey guys,

I still have input issues.
    I'm playing on a Huawei P30 Pro (Android).
    As seen in the video i just holded block. But instead of blocking my cable just charged into the Ebony Maw:

https://imgur.com/a/kxWLaP3

I haven't kicked any attack move as seen in the video. I just holded block...
    This bug and similar things like random charging heavy attacks, doing medium or light attacks and this charging into an enemy happens in about 80% of the fights while I'm in AQ or AW. Meanwhile while playing solo content it's much more stable, although it also happen there.
  • Options
    OwrnsOwrns Posts: 31
    Kabam are u ever gonna fix this problem. Getting annoying now. Never knowing whether block parry dex gonna work. It ok giving us potions but doesn't help in war when costing lives.
  • Options
    In-Game Name: Pepper-Nickel
    Device and Model: Galaxy S10e
    Device Operating System: Android 12
    Cellular or WiFi: Happens on both Cellular and Wifi. Phone carrier is T-mobile.
    Game Version Installed: 34.0.0
    Game Mode: All game modes. Even on the main screen.
    Description of the Issue: My current issue is while the app is open regardless of what game mode I do; if I press the home button then open the app again, the app will restart regardless of how short of a window I exited the app. This has never happened before.

https://youtu.be/-GPam8ivBww
  • Options
    vomelunvomelun Posts: 16
    In-Game Name: vomelun
    Device and Model: lenovo tab m10 fhd
    Device Operating System: Android 10
    Cellular or WiFi: always play on Wifi.
    Game Version Installed: last one
    problems with parry and evade in war. cant do both