**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Doom in epic side quest is just horribly designed

AgentkAgentk Posts: 431 ★★★
this fight is just aggravating for multiple reasons mainly spite and emp modifications combined with dooms own abilities
Firstly spite combined with aura of hazarareth means if you don’t have a shock immune your essentially screwed if you do and screwed if you don’t. If you attack after his special 1 he has the chance to nullify your dex buff and turn it into a shock which means your pretty much dead if he attempts to heavy and if he doesn’t you’ve lost a solid chunk of your health
Secondly e.m.p modification this made using petrify or slow champs not really that great as you will take shock damage regardless unless you are willing to block a special which ends up dealing around the same damage
Third is his base stats being kinda ridiculous in terms of his crit resistance which is 36% on a 5* 5:65
Armor 51% and block penetration 20% these combine to make the fight even worse as going in attempting to do burst damage is not very successful and him being armor break immune means you aren’t even able to reduce the armor down to a lower amount
Lastly force of will simply just makes it so aa reduction champs can’t work in stopping spite or e.m.p modification
While I’m not asking for him to be nerfed in the side quest I’m simply asking that for future events you take points like these into consideration and create fights that reward skill not punish it

Comments

• Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I have tried a few champs against him but so far the best non shock immune champ that has worked for me has been my 5/50 magik..it was a 180 hit fight but he played into my dashbacks and once i got to my sp2 it was just a matter of getting him down
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Hard content is hard, think about the height of the rewards. You get only 700 5* shards for beating the collector
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Thi101 said:

That Annihilus... I still have nightmares with him
    I hate fighting him with all my forces ;-;
    I beat him once, but can’t beat him anymore._.

Use "Slow" with She Hulk and he won't gain unstoppable when you dash back against him while under his debuffs.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    Thi101 said:

That Annihilus... I still have nightmares with him
    I hate fighting him with all my forces ;-;
    I beat him once, but can’t beat him anymore._.

You can also use colossus since he’s immune to armor break (except against tech champs) it negates a lot of the damage annihilus puts out
  • Options
    AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    Idk if u have havok but hes great, i 1 shot him with 1 sp3 with 10 plasma on him
  • Options
    Doom is a pain and the way he is on that nodes is infuriating, but I agree, annihulus is the bane of my existence on those nodes. He is an unforgiving cruel mistress
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Doom is a pain and the way he is on that nodes is infuriating, but I agree, annihulus is the bane of my existence on those nodes. He is an unforgiving cruel mistress

Kingpin can deal with him.
  • Options
    Snakebites23Snakebites23 Posts: 42
    edited November 2019
    AA and stack the toxins. Takes doom out relatively easily. Mines not awakened either
  • Options

AA and stack the toxins. Takes doom out relatively easily. Mines not awakened either

If this works I will love you for a day and not a single second more
  • Options
    JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    I got my butt handed to me repeatedly with a team of very powerful 5/50s and 3/45s. He's tough, especially when you're not used to his animations. I'd say it'd be pretty fair if it was for that freaking passive shock node.
  • Options
    WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    The quest you definitely have to pay attention to and who you bring in, but the rewards are atleast worth it.
    Imagine all that effort for a 1/3 of the rewards originally.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I haven’t used a single item for eq and side quest in uncollected mode, so I say you should stick to master for now
  • Options
    FF10FF10 Posts: 214 ★★
    edited November 2019
    Personally i only used a 4 star Quake and finished with almost full health

EDIT : Thought u guys were talking about uncollected main quest lol Sorry
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Use a shock immune like Korg/Thing, or do what I did and play as Emma Frost and spam specials to stay in diamond form.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Gladiator Hulk smashes his face with the wall.
    I mean, the wall with his face.