**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena comp

Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
So we got a general comp on 15th for the outage and aw suppose to be today....but what about arena? People where greatly effected with that but no comp and zero stated regarding this

Comments

• Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Pretty sure that's what the general comp was for. They've not said anything about Arena-specific compensation.
  • Options

Pretty sure that's what the general comp was for. They've not said anything about Arena-specific compensation.

I said that about the general comp. however in past outages. There been comp specifically for those who was in arena. Rather be boosts if u hit rank in em or replaying the arena. Nothing been stated regarding this
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    The general comp was to cover anything that was not affiliated with either AQ or AW, basically questing, arena, and mostly an overall "sorry, we f'd up".

As a daily arena addict (sans Sunday), if you are gonna give me a full 5* crystal and 1k 6* shards for missing just a couple runs, sign me up!
  • Options
    Wiredawg1 said:

I said that about the general comp. however in past outages. There been comp specifically for those who was in arena. Rather be boosts if u hit rank in em or replaying the arena. Nothing been stated regarding this
    That hasn't been done consistently. Sometimes, the focus of compensation has been arena (or at least one of the focuses) and sometimes arena gets bundled into the rest of the game. As AQ and AW have become much more prominent sources of rewards over time, the trend has been to consider AQ and AW as separate from the rest of the game, whereas in days past it was the arena that was the bigger standout when it came to downtime.
  • Options

The general comp was to cover anything that was not affiliated with either AQ or AW, basically questing, arena, and mostly an overall "sorry, we f'd up".

As a daily arena addict (sans Sunday), if you are gonna give me a full 5* crystal and 1k 6* shards for missing just a couple runs, sign me up!

That’s not really point here. As someone who is cavalier as myself and does all milestones in every arena and could not in a couple due to the outage and there a few others I know who in same boat as me get same comp as someone else who cavalier and didn’t do a single fight in arena?

Regardless of what u say you got a full 5* crystal as comp. every single major outage that has happened in past. There has always been a comp package or kabam stated a rerun of the arena but this one why?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

That hasn't been done consistently. Sometimes, the focus of compensation has been arena (or at least one of the focuses) and sometimes arena gets bundled into the rest of the game. As AQ and AW have become much more prominent sources of rewards over time, the trend has been to consider AQ and AW as separate from the rest of the game, whereas in days past it was the arena that was the bigger standout when it came to downtime.
    That is untrue...that last 2 major ones there been comp for just arena. Gold pool was reran and1 before that boosts was given out
  • Options
    DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    Wiredawg1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

That is untrue...that last 2 major ones there been comp for just arena. Gold pool was reran and1 before that boosts was given out</blockquote

Not only arena was affected aq was too still waiting on those compensation too
  • Options
    The last major arena issue, don't remember exactly how long ago it was or who it featured, was severe enough where it affected almost two full days of that particular round.

In that case, I can see why they did a rerun of the arena for those that missed out on the opportunity to add that specific champ, but even then they didn't compensate anyone for missed milestones, etc.

My grinding mostly consists of the 5* feature and 4* basic, but I have done the 4* feature in the recent past, mainly for extra units or to fill spaces of boredom. I'm saying this only because it would be extremely difficult and infinitely time-consuming to dig up each players arena activity and compensate them accordingly; there's always going to be somebody that claims to have done more than what Kabam could justify.

So to (try) avoid a lose-lose situation, they gave generous catch-all gifts for everybody based on their status, which not surprisingly some people still aren't happy about (Cavalier vs. Uncollected, etc etc.)
  • Options
    That why they done in past if u hit rank rewards u got the comp or reran the arena

They did it for first time cable came out. When mordo was basic first time and goldpool
  • Options
    Adding...

Compared to some of the major arena f-ups in the past, this was no where near as bad.

Not saying there was no impact, it was more collateral damage from the game as a whole, going bat-sheet crazy for a few hours.
  • Options
    Few hours? Was done for close to 10 hours. Mordo arena wasn’t down that long
  • Options
    And on top of that arena itself in that outage was done for nearly 18 hours. That’s even longer then the gold pool arena
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Goldpool was an exclusive arena that only ran twice ever. Obviously they would rerun that. You're comparing civil warrior to goldpool?
  • Options
    Tomato, tomahto; depends on what timezone you're in. For me it killed my last run of the day before bedtime, for some of my alliance mates that also do some arena, they slept right through it, didn't even realize it was down.

Either way, my point is for you to try and rationalize what you "lost" compared to what you were compensated. It may not have been exactly what you were trying to accomplish while doing your arena matches, but as a Cav-level player, it was a lot more than anything you could've got, in the arenas, on your own, within those 10 hours.

Less than 100 units, PHC shards, and some gold/b-chips vs. what we got? Give me the latter.
  • Options
    solopolo said:

Goldpool was an exclusive arena that only ran twice ever. Obviously they would rerun that. You're comparing civil warrior to goldpool?

When it’s an outage that longer yes and no comp given. Yea I am
  • Options

Tomato, tomahto; depends on what timezone you're in. For me it killed my last run of the day before bedtime, for some of my alliance mates that also do some arena, they slept right through it, didn't even realize it was down.

Either way, my point is for you to try and rationalize what you "lost" compared to what you were compensated. It may not have been exactly what you were trying to accomplish while doing your arena matches, but as a Cav-level player, it was a lot more than anything you could've got, in the arenas, on your own, within those 10 hours.

Less than 100 units, PHC shards, and some gold/b-chips vs. what we got? Give me the latter.

You do realize I pull more rescources out of arena then tier1 get from aw right? You saying oh it’s no big deal. When in fact it actually is specially to those who are free to play. ....when u give out comp for other outages for just arena but don’t for what according to those who been playing since day 1 longest period on arena is in fact a slap in face to a select player base
  • Options
    I have a hard time believing you accomplish more in 18 hours of arena than a T1 AW group does for one war, let alone a whole season...but regardless, you are correct, I don’t know your playing habits, sounds very stressful if you get the type of rewards I’ve never seen in the available arenas.

Since you seem reluctant to move off your stance, which is admirable to an extent, I’ll ask you one question before I bow out of this discussion...you don’t have to answer publicly, any response from me is irrelevant at this point.

If Kabam could reset your account to allow you to rewind that day you lost...in this scenario, the outage never happened, it was just a normal Friday in the MCOC world....would you do it knowing that the compensation package no longer exists in your eyes? You can’t have both, you can’t live in both universes.

Either way, best of luck moving forward.
  • Options
    I pull 5.2k 5* shards from arena a week. T1 only pulls 3k. I ended up losing shards cause of it. And u seem to want distburt facts. So let’s question what u say. Game went down an hour before aq ended which 10 am my time. I was tagged at 4 am my time arena was up....so tell me how u only missed a run? That’s 18 hours. That’s 2 6* runs and 3 5* runs

U getting off fact of this

Past outages no matter who champ in arena was. Kabam sent out a general comp to all and an arena comp to those in arena. But not this time. Why....how about u just stick to facts on hand on what this post is about
  • Options
    Jenk6225Jenk6225 Posts: 32
    Wiredawg1 said:

I pull 5.2k 5* shards from arena a week. T1 only pulls 3k. I ended up losing shards cause of it. And u seem to want distburt facts. So let’s question what u say. Game went down an hour before aq ended which 10 am my time. I was tagged at 4 am my time arena was up....so tell me how u only missed a run? That’s 18 hours. That’s 2 6* runs and 3 5* runs

Past outages no matter who champ in arena was. Kabam sent out a general comp to all and an arena comp to those in arena. But not this time. Why....how about u just stick to facts on hand on what this post is about

And they gave you 10k worth of 5* shards plus 1k 6* shards. How can you possibly say with a straight face you lost shards? You gained shards from the compensation.

Honestly, I think they went above and beyond any compensation for an outage, I've seen in the almost 4 years I've been playing this game.

Nothing is ever good enough for some people. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    Jenk6225 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

And they gave you 10k worth of 5* shards plus 1k 6* shards. How can you possibly say with a straight face you lost shards? You gained shards from the compensation.

Honestly, I think they went above and beyond any compensation for an outage, I've seen in the almost 4 years I've been playing this game.

Nothing is ever good enough for some people. 🤦‍♂️
    Yet you seem miss the point of original post so I say it again

Each outage. There has been a general package for everyone. No matter what. Following?

The last 3 outages up to now when arena is effected drastically they done something no matter who the champ was. Rather it been boost Or reran the arena

Question was and still is. What are they doing regarding the 18+ hours arena was down
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I missed my usual 4* basic because of it.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited November 2019
    Wiredawg1 said:

Each outage. There has been a general package for everyone. No matter what. Following?

The last 3 outages up to now when arena is effected drastically they done something no matter who the champ was. Rather it been boost Or reran the arena

Question was and still is. What are they doing regarding the 18+ hours arena was down

You. Were. Given. A. Full. Free. 5*. And. 6*. Shards. Ignoring all other compensation, that's already more than what you claimed to get out of arenas in a week for an outage of less than a full day. You can stop complaining now.
  • Options
    solopolo said:

Wiredawg1 said:

You. Were. Given. A. Full. Free. 5*. And. 6*. Shards. Ignoring all other compensation, that's already more than what you claimed to get out of arenas in a week for an outage of less than a full day. You can stop complaining now.
    You seem to still miss the point of original post so please read it before commenting
  • Options
    Jenk6225Jenk6225 Posts: 32
    Wiredawg1 said:

solopolo said:

Wiredawg1 said:

You seem to still miss the point of original post so please read it before commenting
    You seem to be missing the point everyone is trying to make to you. The arena compensation was included in the general compensation package. If you cant understand that, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you lost a few thousand battle chips and a few dozen units. Getting a full 5* crystal in return is more than fair.