**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WHAT IS THIS MATCH UP?!?

Minding my own business doing arena with like a 8 or 9 win streak. Come only to fight this

Why do you do this to me? There goes my win streak and half of my 5 stars

Comments

• Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    It’s called death match it was triggered by the combo of fighters you used if you have 3 4* 5/50 then you would not get this kind of match. Or even 2 and then say a rank 2or 3 5*
  • Options
    Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★
    Check out the arena guide by Proff Hoff. Or Brain Grant or Dorky Diggity Dave They have explained this to the community so we don’t get this on normal arena grinds
  • Options
    That's not even a Death Match yet (which would be the fully max Thanos/Kang opponents no matter what you were using), but is just normal progressive increasing of difficulty. Say at about Streak=3 you will get matched against an entirely same ranked team as your own. Then every match above that the difference between yours and opponents increased by 1 rank for just one of the 3 individual fights.

So 3 matches later all 3 opponents would be 1 rank higher then yours. And 6 matches later (which would be about Streak=9) you will be facing opponents 2 ranks higher than all of yours.

Now, you ordered yours different from Opponent, which is why you have first at 1 rank diff, one at 2 ranks diff, and last at 3 rank diff. But average is same.

At around streak=10 you could face the Thanos/Kang teams, and depending on whether you were doing 4^ Feature or 5* Feature Arena would dictate whether your team above at that next Streak # could handle a max 5* (probably winnable there) or max 6* (probably not winnable with your lineup in that pic). But at least Thanos/Kang opponents don’t have any Mastery so their ratings are lower than a real opponent at those ranks.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    What I do is when my streak gets to 9 or 10, then I use 2 strong and 1 weak (even if it's a 1*).
    I then go to streak of 13 then let all my 5* refresh.
    After that, I just go at it with my 5*s normally.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    Here are some fights I got after a good win streak in arena.

It happens from time to time, sometimes I get lucky

Sometimes I get spanked.. 5* 3/45 vs 6* 2/35 awaken is tough.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

That's not even a Death Match yet (which would be the fully max Thanos/Kang opponents no matter what you were using), but is just normal progressive increasing of difficulty. Say at about Streak=3 you will get matched against an entirely same ranked team as your own. Then every match above that the difference between yours and opponents increased by 1 rank for just one of the 3 individual fights.

So 3 matches later all 3 opponents would be 1 rank higher then yours. And 6 matches later (which would be about Streak=9) you will be facing opponents 2 ranks higher than all of yours.

Now, you ordered yours different from Opponent, which is why you have first at 1 rank diff, one at 2 ranks diff, and last at 3 rank diff. But average is same.

At around streak=10 you could face the Thanos/Kang teams, and depending on whether you were doing 4^ Feature or 5* Feature Arena would dictate whether your team above at that next Streak # could handle a max 5* (probably winnable there) or max 6* (probably not winnable with your lineup in that pic). But at least Thanos/Kang opponents don’t have any Mastery so their ratings are lower than a real opponent at those ranks.

Kang and thanos teams are not deathmatches, they are the matches you want to see as they are easier to fight against.