**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why are so many players trying to rush into ranked 6*s?

124»

Comments

• Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

Looks like I'm not the only one worried about some people's decision making lately.

https://youtu.be/HpyeZwOKWp4

Pretty much spot on @TheKiryu

It's hard to take that too seriously when you're looking at a ranked up 6* R2 Unduped Human Torch...
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Looks like I'm not the only one worried about some people's decision making lately.

It's hard to take that too seriously when you're looking at a ranked up 6* R2 Unduped Human Torch...
    Except human torch doesn't need his dupe at all for how he's used and he's got 20+ other R5s already so a niche R2 is more than reasonable at that point
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Torch is good unduped, all duping does is allow you to regain charges after several fights
  • Options
    DęłtåDęłtå Posts: 295
    7* in a yr 🤪🤪
  • Options

DalBot said:

Except human torch doesn't need his dupe at all for how he's used and he's got 20+ other R5s already so a niche R2 is more than reasonable at that point
    Problem is he's so niche that it's really hard to truly justify. I have about as good a ranked up squad as you can get without being in a super top tier alliance and I still wouldn't consider rank 2 for my duped 6* Torch.

At least I wouldn't have considered it before. Might consider it going forward if I want to trot out the entire Fantastic 4 at once.
  • Options
    DalBot said:

DalBot said:

Problem is he's so niche that it's really hard to truly justify. I have about as good a ranked up squad as you can get without being in a super top tier alliance and I still wouldn't consider rank 2 for my duped 6* Torch.

At least I wouldn't have considered it before. Might consider it going forward if I want to trot out the entire Fantastic 4 at once.
    When you have over 20+ ranked up champs already that's exactly when you do rank up niche champs. You already have all the basics covered so filling those niche gaps actually helps you as opposed to hinder you if you ranked a niche champ early into building a roster.
  • Options

DalBot said:

DalBot said:

When you have over 20+ ranked up champs already that's exactly when you do rank up niche champs. You already have all the basics covered so filling those niche gaps actually helps you as opposed to hinder you if you ranked a niche champ early into building a roster.
    That's when you niche a 5* instead of a 6 and save said resources
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    A l p h a said:

It's all dépendant on what you pull and who needs a dupe or not... I have 6 r5 5 stars and 4 r2 6 stars and I'm very happy with all! But you need to think very carefully about any r2 6 star decision as it costs more than a r5, and in most cases a Sig 200 5 star is often better than a sig 20 6 star for example and much easier to raise 5 star sigs up

that 6* luck is amazing i have 6 R5 5* as well and i wouldnt hesitate to R2 any of the champs u have taken to R2!

• Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

You do realize that he has like 20+ r5s, right?
  • Options
    TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    The video Kt1 made was saying that a bad champ at a lower rarity is still a bad champ at 6 stars so dont rank them up. The argument you are providing doesnt coincide with this at all considering champs like CapIW arent bad in any regard.
  • Options

The video Kt1 made was saying that a bad champ at a lower rarity is still a bad champ at 6 stars so dont rank them up. The argument you are providing doesnt coincide with this at all considering champs like CapIW arent bad in any regard.

Unduped CapIW is pretty bad.
  • Options

So 80% of the games champs are bad? Talk about high standards
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    I don’t think 80% of the champs are bad, probably less than 10% are truly bad, but just because a champ is decent doesn’t mean they are worth being ranked to the highest level possible for most of us.
  • Options

Correct.
  • Options

Correct.
    Glad you arent a game developer or a content creator
  • Options

Did you just stop listening to all the parts talking about not ranking unduped 6*s over better 5* options then?
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Tbh I ranked up my unduped 6* KM on my alt due to,
    1. I didn't have a 5* KM then.
    2. I had a 6* WS.
    3. I needed a reliable true striker on my roster.

That being said, when you rank a 6* over a 5* that you already have, you have to consider
    i. Duped ability
    ii. Sig Levels
    iii. The REASON you're ranking that champ up (which is usually to fill a weakness that your current roster cannot handle reliably)

For eg, with much of the argument on CptIW. My personal opinion is that if I need someone to handle Unstoppable (except Aspect of War), I would rank a 6* CptIW even if he's unduped.

I agree that he's very good with the dupe, but from a roster perspective, everything that comes with the dupe is a BONUS because the sole reason he was ranked up was to handle champs with irritating Unstoppable buffs.

That being said, IF I need the extra utility that he provides with his sig level (and I have the ability to have him at max sig), then a 5* version will be preferred. However, if I do not, I would gladly rank the 6* version over the 5* one.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    if 6*s like cap iw, Ht,iw, vtd,venom and many others r not worth R2 then i dnt knw what is!!! people only R2 them and occasionally champs like angela,redhulk,heimdal to along with synergies or something or just to have that R2 6* ! i have rarely seen anyone R2 redskull(argument can b made that he has higest block prof n he is tankiess,& he'll get a synergy to increase his attack per armour up buff sooner or later) but besides him only bad R2 6*s i have seem at R2 is awakeneds thir rag but same again Pi!! so basically yeh u cant judge or change anyone's rankup choices just because you think its a "dangerous trend"
  • Options

Correct.
    Glad you arent a game developer or a content creator
    lol, you don't understand how games work, especially this one. I'll break it down slowly for you.

~20% of champs are awesome and should be given the hardest to obtain gear and materials.

~60% of champs are ok and can fill a need if you're in a pinch or have all your bases covered from the top 20% of champs. Some people will fall in love with a champ in this class and pump all the materials into them instead of holding onto them for when they pull a top 20% champ. They will beat their chest and stick their head in the sand when told that they're being silly with their resources.

~20% of champs are garbage and are just there to offset the great champs.

If you don't believe me go look at basically every dungeon crystal they've put out. 2-3 amazing champs. 5-7 good champs. 2-3 garbage champs.
  • Options
    Kalantak said:

if 6*s like cap iw, Ht,iw, vtd,venom and many others r not worth R2 then i dnt knw what is!!! people only R2 them and occasionally champs like angela,redhulk,heimdal to along with synergies or something or just to have that R2 6* ! i have rarely seen anyone R2 redskull(argument can b made that he has higest block prof n he is tankiess,& he'll get a synergy to increase his attack per armour up buff sooner or later) but besides him only bad R2 6*s i have seem at R2 is awakeneds thir rag but same again Pi!! so basically yeh u cant judge or change anyone's rankup choices just because you think its a "dangerous trend"

Hey you guys do what you want. End of the day it’s your account. Doesn’t make some of these ideas any less foolish in the long run. I promise you this trend poses no “danger” to me
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

I kinda agree with you. But then again, there are some 6* champions that don't rely on their awakened ability and will do much more for your roster as a 6* than a 5*.

For example, champions like Symbiote Supreme, Gladiator Hulk, Thing, Emma Frost, Venom the Duck, Venom, Sunspot, Warlock, Claire Voyant, Ghost, Corvus Glaive will do a lot more for your roster as 6* champions.

This is mainly due to slightly higher base stats and the adrenaline mechanic.

Remember that at R2 6* get less power than 5* R5.

You are right with most of these champs but ghost? Man her sig is very nice