**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should I rank up my 5* Aegon now or when I awaken him?

Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
I don't know if I should wait or not I was thinking right now because I have the gold and I'm gonna do it eventually I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Comments

• Options
    Nick1109Nick1109 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Also I got a 2-3 rank up gem for him should I use it?
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I took him to 4 before I duped him because he can be very useful if you can keep the combo without a dupe, but I left him there until I duped. Also I have a lot of t2a so it was not a big deal for me to do it, so it depends on you.
  • Options
    EzonNexosEzonNexos Posts: 51
    Leave until you dupe him. Just hoard resources
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Personally, I wouldn't. You never know who you're going to pull next that you may need those resources for.

If you've got cats in overflow and he's the best option, then sure. But gold never expires so I wouldn't use that as the reason not to wait
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Keniutek said:

He's only useful for LOL and stuff. Keep that in mind...

he is useful for story as well.
  • Options
    MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    R3 until you dupe him.
  • Options
    Nick1109 said:

I don't know if I should wait or not I was thinking right now because I have the gold and I'm gonna do it eventually I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

If you're not going to use it, don't rank it. Between now and when you do dup him (assuming you aren't going to use him much until you do) things might change.

Caveat: if you have a ton of rank up resources and you kind of need to rank something just to use up expiring stuff, then Aegon would be a good choice because the odds are good you're ranking up something you will eventually rank anyway. But I wouldn't rank him up unless this is true. But you're going to kick yourself if you rank him up before awakening him, and then six months later an even better skill option arrives, or some higher tier content arrives that prefers a different champ you have available but unranked.