No drop rates on Stretch Goal crystals

Good evening,

Today as usually it occurs every Sunday, the cavalier crystals come out at 18.00 GMT and today Mr. Fantastic’s cavalier crystals are there. I bought them and popped around 11k units worth crystals and got a few 5* and not even a 3* Mr Fantastic and only a 3* Dr. Doom. To my surprise however the drop rates were missing as you may seen in the screenshot below. I kindly ask you to look into this and fix it in an adequate manner as by not showing the drop rate I could have had a 0% drop rate on the champs. Moreover, this should be fixed before other players face the same problem. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Thanks

Comments

• Kabam VydiousKabam Vydious Member Posts: 3,598 ★★★★★
    Looking into it!

Strange how this keeps happening.. this is the 4th or 5th time in a month where they have loot boxes for purchase without the drop rates.. i've just been reporting it to apple each time as it goes against their terms of use for the app store..

That being said.. the drop rates are probably the same with the 0.1 and 0.5 chances etc.. but they are supposed to be specifically stated on the item for purchase..

We're aware of that, but it is never intentional. Something hiccups and that information isn't pushed through. We're trying to get it fixed.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Member Posts: 631 ★★★

Strange how this keeps happening.. this is the 4th or 5th time in a month where they have loot boxes for purchase without the drop rates.. i've just been reporting it to apple each time as it goes against their terms of use for the app store..

That being said.. the drop rates are probably the same with the 0.1 and 0.5 chances etc.. but they are supposed to be specifically stated on the item for purchase..

We're aware of that, but it is never intentional. Something hiccups and that information isn't pushed through. We're trying to get it fixed.
    are you able to find out what the drop rates were for the cash deal from a few days ago? I bought it not noticing the drop rates were missing and assumed it had the usual drop rates for similar deals
    These should be up shortly! Apologies, gang.
  • HeroUniverse45HeroUniverse45 Member Posts: 16
    After having purchased 10 of these crystals right away and receiving 4 (FOUR) 3* Mr. Fantastics (normally 3% chance each roll,) and zero 5*s (17.5% each roll,) this supposed oversight is very disconcerting. I get not rolling any 5*s, that's bad rng for me... but to receive 4 of THE featured champ out of 10 crystals??? The lack of explanation as to exactly why the drop rates were missing doesn't incentivize me to ever purchase these again...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019

After having purchased 10 of these crystals right away and receiving 4 (FOUR) 3* Mr. Fantastics (normally 3% chance each roll,) and zero 5*s (17.5% each roll,) this supposed oversight is very disconcerting. I get not rolling any 5*s, that's bad rng for me... but to receive 4 of THE featured champ out of 10 crystals??? The lack of explanation as to exactly why the drop rates were missing doesn't incentivize me to ever purchase these again...

What you got is the very definition of RNG not matter the improbability. You aren't guaranteed a 5* either.

The drop rates missing doesnt mean they were changed. They are the same as they were when they were first released.

What you got is the very definition of RNG not matter the improbability. You aren't guaranteed a 5* either.

The drop rates missing doesnt mean they were changed. They are the same as they were when they were first released.
    Unfortunately, improbability is 'a thing,' and experiencing it in such a dramatic fashion, concurrently as drop rates mysteriously go missing, is absolutely a reason for concern and request for transparency is warranted. There have been SEVERAL times incorrect crystals were mistakenly made to go live and Kabam has had to 'make good.' Note: they still haven't declared such isn't the case here... only admitting to drop rates not 'being pushed thru.'

Alas, yes, 100x on hundred crystals over RNG can always be used as the default excuse, despite that rng eventually violating any reasonable approach to parsimony. As a business, I'm less concerned about ppl raising valid issues and more worried about those who have given up in the face of apologists who default to 'iT's ThE rNg.' Criticism easily dismissed simply results in quiet critics who have closed their wallets.
    edited December 2019

Unfortunately, improbability is 'a thing,' and experiencing it in such a dramatic fashion, concurrently as drop rates mysteriously go missing, is absolutely a reason for concern and request for transparency is warranted. There have been SEVERAL times incorrect crystals were mistakenly made to go live and Kabam has had to 'make good.' Note: they still haven't declared such isn't the case here... only admitting to drop rates not 'being pushed thru.'

Alas, yes, 100x on hundred crystals over RNG can always be used as the default excuse, despite that rng eventually violating any reasonable approach to parsimony. As a business, I'm less concerned about ppl raising valid issues and more worried about those who have given up in the face of apologists who default to 'iT's ThE rNg.' Criticism easily dismissed simply results in quiet critics who have closed their wallets.
    Drop rates or no drop rates, pulls are in line with what we've seen. There's no conspiracy or anything to worry about. There's 100's of posts in here from crystal pulls talking about the exact same thing as this post and those are with the drop rates.

There also hasn't been several times. There has been the void crystal and 5* punisher in the UC arena crystal. No other time has a champ been missing or messed up.
    Sry but, YES, several times.

'You must be new,'...
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Member Posts: 922 ★★★

Yea.. I don't think it's intentional.. but the amount of times this has happened in the last 30 days is just very strange. Prior to this I don't recall ever seeing it being a problem... now all of a sudden it's pretty hit or miss if the drop rates are there.. the first two times I didn't think any of it really.. the 3rd time and beyond i've been reporting it.. I'm sure it's complete coincidence.. but within 20m of reporting the issue someone from kabam addresses it on the forums.. and then it's corrected shortly after in game.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian

Yea.. I don't think it's intentional.. but the amount of times this has happened in the last 30 days is just very strange. Prior to this I don't recall ever seeing it being a problem... now all of a sudden it's pretty hit or miss if the drop rates are there.. the first two times I didn't think any of it really.. the 3rd time and beyond i've been reporting it.. I'm sure it's complete coincidence.. but within 20m of reporting the issue someone from kabam addresses it on the forums.. and then it's corrected shortly after in game.
    If that is the case then wouldn't it be better to alert them on the forum before going and reporting them to apple?
  • EnkiTheOneEnkiTheOne Member Posts: 8

If that is the case then wouldn't it be better to alert them on the forum before going and reporting them to apple?
    No matter what it is a violation on the Terms of Use. Period. It’s like telling a police officer when he pulls you over while driving that you don’t have your license with you because you forgot your wallet at home. They don’t care that you don’t have your wallet, they just write you a ticket, impound your vehicle, or some states foresee even jail-time.

If you go through the known issues/bugs page you'll realize how infrequently kabam responds.. i'm sure they see issues and look into them without any response on the forums.. there are many issues constantly being reported so i get they don't have the opportunity for all of them..

With this particular issue as stated above.. the firs two times i didn't feel any need to report it as I figured it was just a random problem.. however after the 3rd time the exact same issue came up I decided to report it to the owner of one of the platforms uses.. It seems for some reason the issue is resolved much quicker.. i'm not suggesting that my reporting it to apple has had any affect.. however going beyond the kabam forums coincidently seems this particular issue is addressed and resolved much quicker..

Out of curiosity.. did you read what i said originally? I specifically stated it wasn't until the 3rd time this happened that i went to apple..
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    edited December 2019

Out of curiosity.. did you read what i said originally? I specifically stated it wasn't until the 3rd time this happened that i went to apple..

I read the whole thread and I check in on the bugs and known issues section every now and then. That was just my thought though.

I read the whole thread and I check in on the bugs and known issues section every now and then. That was just my thought though.
    Fair enough.

If you go through the known issues/bugs page you'll realize how infrequently kabam responds.. i'm sure they see issues and look into them without any response on the forums.. there are many issues constantly being reported so i get they don't have the opportunity for all of them..

With this particular issue as stated above.. the firs two times i didn't feel any need to report it as I figured it was just a random problem.. however after the 3rd time the exact same issue came up I decided to report it to the owner of one of the platforms uses.. It seems for some reason the issue is resolved much quicker.. i'm not suggesting that my reporting it to apple has had any affect.. however going beyond the kabam forums coincidently seems this particular issue is addressed and resolved much quicker..

Why wouldn't you submit a support ticket even before going to Apple if you felt something was wrong? Its obviously a bug when it happens.