**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

OML...CB counter?

Been waiting for months now to get a decent counter for crossbones (6.1.5) but so far I've only managed to continuously dupe my cyclops and Daredevil...oh and hulkbuster.
I recently pulled a 6* OML(didn't have him in any version higher than 3*) and I wanna know if after his buff he'll be able to take on crossbones successfully?

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Isnt most of his damage in his sp2? Hard to get to specials with the power struggle global. You would usually want to bait crossbones sp1 anyway
  • Been waiting for months now to get a decent counter for crossbones (6.1.5) but so far I've only managed to continuously dupe my cyclops and Daredevil...oh and hulkbuster.
    I recently pulled a 6* OML(didn't have him in any version higher than 3*) and I wanna know if after his buff he'll be able to take on crossbones successfully?

Possibly. I believe a 6* rank 1 OML will be able to survive the biohazard bleed if my calculations are correct. Willpower will help here, but you also need to deal with multiple bleed stacks at times plus chip damage. With very good timing you can probably get decent furies without compromising your healing too much. Although if you hit into block and proc poison debuffs, it is probably all over.

If I've done my calculations correctly, CB heals 57737 every 20 seconds (its over 5 seconds, but every 15 seconds and the timing seems to start after the heal, so it looks like 20 second cycle time) so that's 2887 health per second of averaged healing. ROL Winter Soldier has 547,774 health. If you dealt exactly 2887 dps, you'd kill WS in about 190 seconds, or three minutes ten seconds.

You need to deal damage significantly faster than that to kill Crossbones with OML. WS doesn't have SP3 so you don't have to worry about power control whereas CB does, and even his SP2 hits very hard. And this would only break even on healing: to kill CB you have to outdamage his heal and do damage on top of that. But you could run this experiment and see: if you take your 6* OML into RoL and test against Winter Soldier, you should try to see if you can bait SP1 consistently while still doing enough damage to kill WS in under three minutes, all while keeping your healing up most of the time (to deal with Biohazard bleeds).

If you can kill WS much faster than three minutes, and not break your heal too much, and not push WS to SP3, and not use any SP2 attacks in the process (you probably won't get any of those against CB due to power struggle) you might have a shot. There's no perfect test, but this might at least give you some idea.
  • DNA3000 said:

Been waiting for months now to get a decent counter for crossbones (6.1.5) but so far I've only managed to continuously dupe my cyclops and Daredevil...oh and hulkbuster.

Possibly. I believe a 6* rank 1 OML will be able to survive the biohazard bleed if my calculations are correct. Willpower will help here, but you also need to deal with multiple bleed stacks at times plus chip damage. With very good timing you can probably get decent furies without compromising your healing too much. Although if you hit into block and proc poison debuffs, it is probably all over.

If I've done my calculations correctly, CB heals 57737 every 20 seconds (its over 5 seconds, but every 15 seconds and the timing seems to start after the heal, so it looks like 20 second cycle time) so that's 2887 health per second of averaged healing. ROL Winter Soldier has 547,774 health. If you dealt exactly 2887 dps, you'd kill WS in about 190 seconds, or three minutes ten seconds.

You need to deal damage significantly faster than that to kill Crossbones with OML. WS doesn't have SP3 so you don't have to worry about power control whereas CB does, and even his SP2 hits very hard. And this would only break even on healing: to kill CB you have to outdamage his heal and do damage on top of that. But you could run this experiment and see: if you take your 6* OML into RoL and test against Winter Soldier, you should try to see if you can bait SP1 consistently while still doing enough damage to kill WS in under three minutes, all while keeping your healing up most of the time (to deal with Biohazard bleeds).

If you can kill WS much faster than three minutes, and not break your heal too much, and not push WS to SP3, and not use any SP2 attacks in the process (you probably won't get any of those against CB due to power struggle) you might have a shot. There's no perfect test, but this might at least give you some idea.
    Thanks for the input...highly appreciated. I'll give it a shot
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I didn’t read this whole string but from the gist of it, it seems as though you think he can. Unfortunately I can speak from experience that OML is unable to deal with biohazard and nodes that bleed every 7 seconds due to my own testing in V4. The thing is, OML’s bleed resistance is dependent on the fact he has a regen buff up. Once his regeneration buff is gone, OML takes full damage from bleed and has zero resistance so he will actually die pretty quickly. I haven’t played with him extensively enough to know how and when his regen buff comes back, but I know it’s not instantly after it drops. For reference, OML converts his regen buff to a fury with a special activation, so you would have to forego specials at the very minimum to keep that regen buff going for the bleed resistance. That means OML probably won’t have enough damage output to counteract vigor. This is just from my experience using OML for a few biohazard and bleed fights.
  • RoninMan said:

Once his regeneration buff is gone, OML takes full damage from bleed and has zero resistance so he will actually die pretty quickly. I haven’t played with him extensively enough to know how and when his regen buff comes back, but I know it’s not instantly after it drops.

It is on a fixed timer. If you time your specials to just before the clock runs out, you can get the heal immediately back. It does take some practice to get the timing just so, but it is possible. That's what I meant by "with very good timing you can probably get decent furies without compromising your healing too much." If you just spam specials randomly, then yes you're probably going to die.
  • EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358
    RoninMan said:

DNA3000 said:

I didn’t read this whole string but from the gist of it, it seems as though you think he can. Unfortunately I can speak from experience that OML is unable to deal with biohazard and nodes that bleed every 7 seconds due to my own testing in V4. The thing is, OML’s bleed resistance is dependent on the fact he has a regen buff up. Once his regeneration buff is gone, OML takes full damage from bleed and has zero resistance so he will actually die pretty quickly. I haven’t played with him extensively enough to know how and when his regen buff comes back, but I know it’s not instantly after it drops. For reference, OML converts his regen buff to a fury with a special activation, so you would have to forego specials at the very minimum to keep that regen buff going for the bleed resistance. That means OML probably won’t have enough damage output to counteract vigor. This is just from my experience using OML for a few biohazard and bleed fights.
    When OML uses a special he removes all bleeds on him not just his passive ones. Those bleeds will count as furies as well. It should work you just need to practice.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i think it would be long fight but do-able with oml+saber, mayb u can throw in few sp1s to convert furies and get some damage as well