**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Old Posts

FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
I was looking around the forum and I saw threads and discussions about nerfing blade and scarlet witch and thor. What happened so long ago?

Comments

• Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    Ok Another question is
    TF happened in 12.0?
  • Options
    RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    FRITO_Man said:

Ok Another question is
    TF happened in 12.0?

Some people quit and some stayed

If you search for the release notes, it's probably the most responded to post
  • Options
    KihlgastKihlgast Posts: 111
    Looking back the nerf in 12.0 had to be done. The game is better now. But i never understood the ds nerf. It was uncalled for imo. Sw was a bs champ. Just a crit team and she was all you needed. Every single fight could be done with her. I did 100% act 4 with her as a Max 3*
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Also DS couldn’t fly and IF had gloves
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The game is definitely better now. Willpower, no damage block teams, and the old gods were too op. Still waiting for them to keep their promise that post nerf DS would remain a top champ though.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★

The game is definitely better now. Willpower, no damage block teams, and the old gods were too op. Still waiting for them to keep their promise that post nerf DS would remain a top champ though.

Yah they lied about that
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    daKracken said:

FRITO_Man said:

Ok Another question is
    TF happened in 12.0?

Long story short, they took all of the best champs in the game (dr. Strange, scarlet witch, thor, black widow) and they cut the legs out from under them because they were too powerful.
    That was the least important or interesting thing that happened in the 12.0 patch.

The most important thing to happen in the 12.0 patch were the introduction of flat stats, including the implementation of Diminishing Returns and Challenge Rating. I believe patch 12.0 also introduced the restructured arenas we currently have.

The sad part is how few people really understood all the changes. For example, people still think Kabam nerfed Thor directly, when in fact if you somehow magically transported 11.0 Thor into the game as it exists today, he still wouldn't be able to replicate what he was able to do in 11.0 because completely separate from the changes to his stacking armor break, and even completely separate from the changes due to flat stats, Armor Break itself works differently now than it used to, which now makes it impossible for multiple stacked armor breaks to increase damage exponentially like it used to.

Similarly, while Scarlet Witch's buffs don't proc like they used to in 11.x, you can't stack crit chance with crit teams like you used to, which places limits on SW separate from the 12.0 changes. It is really the mechanical changes that globally affect every champion that are much more important than the changes they made to the individual champions.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    edited January 2020
    Yes, for SW, besides the Crit Rate (which may be more due to diminished returns), but her chance at generating specifically either REGEN or STUN was also severely curtailed. Her other buffs/debuffs have a much higher chance than what Regen/Stun have now. So that was a specific change made directly to SW.
  • Options
    ..and DS used to Regen (during that cycle phase) based on how much damage you did, instead of currently just the same flat Regen amount per hit (no matter how strong the hit is). Used to be able to save your SP Attacks for the Regen phase of cycle.
  • Options
    daKrackendaKracken Posts: 18
    edited January 2020
    DNA3000 said:

daKracken said:

FRITO_Man said:

Ok Another question is
    TF happened in 12.0?

That was the least important or interesting thing that happened in the 12.0 patch.

The most important thing to happen in the 12.0 patch were the introduction of flat stats, including the implementation of Diminishing Returns and Challenge Rating. I believe patch 12.0 also introduced the restructured arenas we currently have.
    He asked specifically about the nerfs. Thus why I said “long story short” to spare him the details he didn’t need or want. Lol