**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Nick Fury - Silent Nerf

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
I know, I know, another "WE NEED RANK DOWN TICKETS" thread that nobody wants, but hear me out on this. I know I'll probably get a lot of "TL:DR", but trust me, it's worth the read whether or not you even have Nick Fury.

I would like to refer everyone to this thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/162233/aq-thanos-heal-prevention-whats-this-garbage/p1

What we have here is a champion that is being node nerfed not just for AQ anymore, but for ANY future content that invokes the newly created "Heal Prevention" instead of the previous "Heal Block" node. Why is this a big deal you ask? Lots of champions have regen that has been blocked by this node before right? Yes, that's true, however the issues here are that it appears that this change was made ENTIRELY TO EFFECT ONE SPECIFIC CHAMPIONS SIG ABILITY, and it's a champion whose sig ability both SHOULD NOT REQUIRE REGEN IN THE FIRST PLACE and also WHOSE SIG ABILITY SPECIFICALLY MENTIONS IT SHALL NOT BE EFFECTED BY ANY ABILITY ACCURACY REDUCTION.

Don't believe me, just look here:

A token glance through Furys profile in game will confirm that NOWHERE DOES IT MENTION THAT HE REGENERATES! And why would he regenerate, I mean it's his decoy that takes the damage after all and not Nick so there should be no need for regeneration right? On top of that, nowhere in his champion spotlight via Kabams website does it mention anything about him regenerating at all: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-nick-fury/

So why is this a big deal? Because many people ranked up this champion specifically because of his ability to come back with full health (albeit with the degeneration), also it made him able to shake of suicides after the decoy died, allowing you to deal much more damage. Allowing this change to occur is the DEFINITION of a targeted nerf. When questioned about it, the responses have been, lets just say lacking (as you can all read in the linked to thread above). This isn't even an issue where we can be told that the champion hasn't been functioning as intended, as he had previously been functioning EXACTLY as he was described, so it's clearly not a Wasp or even a She-Hulk kind of situation. Rather than actually address our concerns appropriately, the thread simply got shut down and we were basically told "This is how it is because that's how we programmed it so deal with it".

This is completely and totally unacceptable. I spent a LARGE sum of money to acquire and dupe this champion because of his unique skillset. To create nerfs that completely alter the very dynamic of the character is not at all acceptable. Speak up folks and lets not just allow this to occur silently.

Comments

• UnlessUnless Posts: 9
    They are fixing it in the next patch
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    It's life model decoy is considering a "healing ability" which is why Modoks sp1 can reverse it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    I don't get it though. I understand the whole thanos interaction and whatnot but why ask for RDTs when NF has a ton a value in pretty much every other area of the game. Would you actually rank him down because of that 1 interaction in AQ?
    zeezee57 said:

I don't get it though. I understand the whole thanos interaction and whatnot but why ask for RDTs when NF has a ton a value in pretty much every other area of the game. Would you actually rank him down because of that 1 interaction in AQ?

I agree regarding rdts, but why focus on that and not the actual issue here? Also the interaction will be more widespread anywhere this node appears since its essentially replacing heal block.
    I haven't seen it anywhere else but map 6/7 AQ. They've had their chances with EQs and act 6. I feel like if we were going to see it, we would have already.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 9,894 ★★★★★

zeezee57 said:

I agree regarding rdts, but why focus on that and not the actual issue here? Also the interaction will be more widespread anywhere this node appears since its essentially replacing heal block.
    I haven't seen it anywhere else but map 6/7 AQ. They've had their chances with EQs and act 6. I feel like if we were going to see it, we would have already.
    Ther in act6 can u remember the red hulk in act6 chmaper 1 6.1.5. Crosbone.
    DalBot said:

Just think about the implications if this isn't addressed. They essentially created an ability for Fury that shouldn't exist nor is it described to exist anywhere (regeneration)and then decided to nerf said ability via node, despite the fact that his very description of his signature ability says it "isn't affected by ability accuracy reduction". They're literally contradicting themselves at every turn and if we have seen heal prevention here then you can guarantee it will manifest itself in other areas of the game going forward.

On top of all of that, at no time prior to implementation did they tell us that they were doing this. Shouldn't that have been communicated to the player base in a patch notes or something like that?
    Heal prevention doesn't have anything to do with AAR. The only real argument is that whether or not NF's LMD death is considered regeneration or not. He's the only one with that ability so far.

So is it worded wrong or the ability is wrong?

Most map 6 AQ bosses that I can remember have always had heal block. I've used champs like blade and Omega Red and neither have healed. Omega Red has life steal which technically might not be considered regen like what blade has but in the same sense, NF and OR are gaining health back.

And I'm not disagreeing with you in the NF thing, just that when you start throwing in RDTs for one of the most desirable champs in the game, it really dilutes the whole thing.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    In Shulk's case, it was a bug, and they made an exception because of the amount of people who were Ranking her in droves specifically for that, and the surprise of the issue/little heads up.
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

It was just introduced an update ago so I dont follow the logic that if we were going to see it elsewhere we would have already. But all that is beside the actual point here, Nick Fury doesn't "heal", as per his description his LMD is destroyed and the real Nick Fury takes its place. Not only should this interaction not be prevented by a node that prevents healing, the node was entirely tailored to stop his sig. As you outlined in your other post, champs that heal were already stopped from healing by the heal block node. Do you not see anything wrong here?
    Dalbot's original post was on October 3rd. It's 2 months later. We've had a couple EQ's, side quests, 6.3 and V4. Plenty of opportunities to implement it. But if I recall, the node was changed in September.

Again, I'm not saying I don't see what's wrong, just that the focus should only be on that and only trying to figure out why. I agree that there is something wrong.

If his LMD isn't regen, then what is it? If it isn't something passive, what category does it fall under?

I feel like NF's Sig was overlooked when it came to AQ when he was being designed. I'd be willing to be they didn't test it against heal block and only found after his release. They do need to explain why they're doing what they're doing.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I agree that NF shouldn’t be affected by Heal Prevention because he’s not actually supposed to be regenerating, but swapping out with his LMD.

However, those saying that Heal Prevention was introduced solely to counter NF’s sig ability are wrong in that sense. Heal Block only works on regen with an actual buff, Sabretooth’s passive regen being an exception because his sig is worded for heal block to work against him. That meant Rulk sp2, Namor’s specials, OR’s life steal, Guilly’s life steal weren’t affected by Heal Block. That’s at least the ones I can think of so far. The point is NF isn’t the ONLY champ affected by the change from Heal Block to Heal Prevention.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    I believe heal prevention affects other champions besides NF. Blade with DS could bypass heal block, he can't bypass heal prevention.

I agree though that the node seems to be specifically targeting NF.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    solopolo said:

So, did you only rank up fury to fight one node, just like you only ranked up wasp to bypass stun immune nodes? Lol.

Fury is still by far one of the best champs in the game and this doesn't at all affect his position as a god tier skill. People will still be ranking him up and making full use of him. You don't need tickets.

I don't see why you're even brining up ability accuracy, as this has nothing to do with heal prevention, which doesn't affect ability accuracy, it simply makes regeneration impossible, which fury's sig does.

The change doesn't even affect him much. He only needs to revive once in a quest, so unless you're choosing a heal prevention fight to trigger his sig, this doesn't affect his gameplay. At worst he's now ideal for slightly fewer fights.

Champions aren't supposed to be able to win any fight just because they're god tier. If fury can't deal with a specific path, pick another champ, or pick another path. Stop crying about NuRfS. Is fury your entire roster?

So just ignore all the valid points because you want to make a post about hating on people with legitimate gripes?

Cool.

How about maybe reviewing all of then inherent issues I brought up and maybe adding something constructive to the conversation 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    DalBot said:

So just ignore all the valid points because you want to make a post about hating on people with legitimate gripes?

Cool.

How about maybe reviewing all of then inherent issues I brought up and maybe adding something constructive to the conversation 🤷🏻‍♂️

@DalBot You say as you ignore every word in my post.

Cool.

The only "inherent issues" you brought up are TaRgEtEd NeRf OmG (which is, by the way, completely false, this was targeted at adrenaline bypassing heal block. Fury just so happened to be caught in the crossfire), the completely irrelevant fact that fury is unaffected by ability accuracy, which has nothing to do with the new node.

The use of flavour text to try to say that his regeneration isn't actually regeneration, which, as far as his code goes, it is, and reworking him to not have to regenerate to "transform" simply wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Bringing up Kabam not properly responding to the heal prevention interaction, which they did in the very thread you posted, twice, even breaking it down for you in one of them:

Fury not being announced as "not working as intended", which, again in the thread you posted, they explained that the heal block node wasn't working as intended, and not preventing all the heal it should be, which by default includes fury, who heals.

Anything else I missed?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,719 ★★★★★
    Point is, description might be misleading, but it is intended for him to regenerate the HP back.
  • Saransh245Saransh245 Posts: 152
    @DalBot I'm with you on this.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    Btw we really need to discuss the difference between a counter and a nerf
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    reminds me of CAIW ... and now every new champ using unstoppable, is always passive to prevent CAIW from being a counter to them .. LOL
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    solopolo said:

@DalBot You say as you ignore every word in my post.

Cool.

The only "inherent issues" you brought up are TaRgEtEd NeRf OmG (which is, by the way, completely false, this was targeted at adrenaline bypassing heal block. Fury just so happened to be caught in the crossfire), the completely irrelevant fact that fury is unaffected by ability accuracy, which has nothing to do with the new node.

The use of flavour text to try to say that his regeneration isn't actually regeneration, which, as far as his code goes, it is, and reworking him to not have to regenerate to "transform" simply wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Bringing up Kabam not properly responding to the heal prevention interaction, which they did in the very thread you posted, twice, even breaking it down for you in one of them:

Fury not being announced as "not working as intended", which, again in the thread you posted, they explained that the heal block node wasn't working as intended, and not preventing all the heal it should be, which by default includes fury, who heals.

Anything else I missed?

Still waiting for you to break down where he is listed as having regeneration anywhere in his in-game profile or champion spotlight?

Maybe explain why Fury himself should even have to regenerate if it's the decoy that took the damage?

Tell us why they couldn't simply hot swap in the real Fury at 100% instead of requiring regen?

Come on, you can do it!

Or not.
This discussion has been closed.