**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are 6 stars the present?

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
edited December 2019 in General Discussion
Hey guys, so with the current state of game, and the update on the aw rewards, is it just me or seems like in a couple of months there'll be a lot of R3 6 stars?

And if is that so, is it still worth it investing resources on r5 5 stars? I myself was about to r5 another 5stars (would've been my 10th r5) but this idea just came to me and I'm holding a good 6 stars to rank up.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Depends if you're even close to your first rank 3 6*. If you don't have much of any t5cc shards then your 5/65s will still reign supreme for you
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    An r3 6* only gets sometimes g like a 16% stat boost comsared to over 30% in most rankups, 5 stars should be fine for everything for a long time
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    5/65s will rule for at least 2 more years.
    R4 6*s will signal the passing of the torch imo.
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    While it maybe true that we will be seeing more R3 6* in the next couple months, it will still be mostly exclusive to the top tier whales spending on the gifting event and reaching master in AW. For the majority of the player base I don’t see many having a R3 before summer 2020 at the very earliest and that’s even assuming summoners have a 6* champ even worth it. A lot of summoners I know don’t even have a 6* worthy of R2 much less R3. So yeah, I think R5 5* will still hold a lot of value for at least the rest of 2020, especially considering it’s much easier to awaken and raise their sigs.
  • Options
    Gildenlow said:

Hey guys, so with the current state of game, and the update on the aw rewards, is it just me or seems like in a couple of months there'll be a lot of R3 6 stars?

And if is that so, is it still worth it investing resources on r5 5 stars? I myself was about to r5 another 5stars (would've been my 10th r5) but this idea just came to me and I'm holding a good 6 stars to rank up.

What do you think?

1. There aren't going to be "lots" of rank 3s for quite some time.

2. The ones that do exist are going to have only a small advantage over 6* rank 2s and 5/65s due the much shallower power curve for 6* champs past rank 2.

3. Unless the champ doesn't require awakening or signature levels, 6* champs are still going to be much harder to sig up than 5/65s, which means in many cases you'd be ranking up a champ that will underperform the equivalent 5/65 for quite some time.

I only just got my first rank 2, and I'm still investing in 5/65 rank ups, and my roster is fairly strong compared to the average player. I think 5/65 champs are going to be viable for quite a long time to come. Just like it was before 6* champs came out, and actually even moreso now, which champs you rank up has more to do with which champ it is than what star rating it is.

There were many 4* champs that were still worth ranking up after 5* champs arrived. 6* champs have less advantage over 5* champs than 5* champs originally had over 4* champs. Heck, I still occasionally rank up 4* champs when they have enough utility (the most recent was Namor).
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    4* Scarlet Witch can overcome some 5* depending on gameplay.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

Gildenlow said:

What do you think?

it's so much more economical to rank a 6r1 to 2 then 3, and 6s are pretty plentiful these days. think of the resources just to get to 5r4, whereas a 6r1 requires nothing but gold and isos to outperform that. as i speak there are increasingly nothing but 6r1s, 5/65s and boss 6r2s littering the AW defense landscape. i know I'm just holding on to rank up mats for just 6s now, since I'm 1t5cc from 6r3 thing.
    Except there are now R4 rank up gems from easy content, and easy to attain t2a from AQ and Glory, to make the cost to R4 a 5* pretty insignificant.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Gildenlow said:

What do you think?

it's so much more economical to rank a 6r1 to 2 then 3, and 6s are pretty plentiful these days. think of the resources just to get to 5r4, whereas a 6r1 requires nothing but gold and isos to outperform that. as i speak there are increasingly nothing but 6r1s, 5/65s and boss 6r2s littering the AW defense landscape. i know I'm just holding on to rank up mats for just 6s now, since I'm 1t5cc from 6r3 thing.
    I am gonna say two things: 1. I totally believe you, and 2. The biggest mistake I ever made in this game was not shifting my focus from 4-stars to 5-stars fast enough

Everyone has to do what's best for them, but for me personally, I wasted gold and resources for maybe four or five months before I realized that 4-stars were being phased out as completely as they have turned out to be

Now, I barely will even put gold in them unless I am testing

So, yeah. People have to understand that while 5-stars are the present, you better make sure you understand what the future might look like
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Gildenlow said:

What do you think?

I am gonna say two things: 1. I totally believe you, and 2. The biggest mistake I ever made in this game was not shifting my focus from 4-stars to 5-stars fast enough

Everyone has to do what's best for them, but for me personally, I wasted gold and resources for maybe four or five months before I realized that 4-stars were being phased out as completely as they have turned out to be

Now, I barely will even put gold in them unless I am testing

So, yeah. People have to understand that while 5-stars are the present, you better make sure you understand what the future might look like
    If you have 6*s that are worth taking to R3 you should focus on them for sure. I have enough R5 5*s that I'm not in a hurry to rank another but I've yet to pull a 6* I want to take up. So I'll rank 5*s when it makes sense. Just pulled 6* Red Skull smh.