URGENT!!!!Emma frost and colossus taking incinerate damage

Comments

• nOuxnOux Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    edited December 2019

nOux said:

I love how you ignoring difference between incinerate debuff and incinerate effect. What ever makes u feel better.

The wording has nothing to do with why Masacre is/isn’t doing these things in the boxes. It’s a non sequitur.

LMK when you can tell me why my Masacre is not placing incinerates with each bat hit, not gaining power while hitting into block and also not getting ridiculous attack when blocked; just like in your green box.

If the wording has nothing to do with it, probably you shouldn’t read descriptions and just go whatever you think is right and dont be surprised when it does not work how you think it does but rather how its worded. Ergo this situation.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Member Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Urghh, i dont even know what is supposed to be correct anymore :s
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Member Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    nOux said:

nOux said:

I love how you ignoring difference between incinerate debuff and incinerate effect. What ever makes u feel better.

The wording has nothing to do with why Masacre is/isn’t doing these things in the boxes. It’s a non sequitur.

LMK when you can tell me why my Masacre is not placing incinerates with each bat hit, not gaining power while hitting into block and also not getting ridiculous attack when blocked; just like in your green box.

If the wording has nothing to do with it, probably you shouldn’t read descriptions and just go whatever you think is right and dont be surprised when it does not work how you think it does but rather how its worded. Ergo this situation.

Urghh, i dont even know what is supposed to be correct anymore :s

Sorry for all the confusion. Im just trying to explain that description says what it does and game mechanics are reflecting that. While other guy trying to say that description and mechanics are wrong.

My advice is contact costumer support through ticket and ask game devs i if description/mechanics are working correctly, then you will not need interpreted explanation why it shouldn’t work like that.

nOux said:

nOux said:

Did u get stuck in a loop?
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Not at all, you seem to have all the answers (including what’s within my mind; super cool ability btw) except the answer to this one.

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Not at all, you seem to have all the answers (including what’s within my mind; super cool ability btw) except the answer to this one.

Because description did it for me. I dont need to answer something that its already written black on white. When u decide to ignore most simple text i dont know where to go from here. Btw issint funny how u completely avoided my question why it says EFFECT not DEBUFF, and instead of answering you spamming your question that its self explanatory.
    @CoatHang3r my advice to you is to open support ticked as well, because it massive bug if u think not even description is wrong but mechanic as well. And u will defined answer from game devs about this (spoiler alert! it works as intended)
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Because description did it for me. I dont need to answer something that its already written black on white. When u decide to ignore most simple text i dont know where to go from here. Btw issint funny how u completely avoided my question why it says EFFECT not DEBUFF, and instead of answering you spamming your question that its self explanatory.
    I dunno why you’re talking about effect/debuff, you do know the screenshots show attackers taking damage from a debuff failing to apply due to an immunity, right?

So you’re saying you can’t reconcile the boxes? It’s like you see it all so clearly except this, wonder why?

Here it is again.

nOux said:

@CoatHang3r my advice to you is to open support ticked as well, because it massive bug if u think not even description is wrong but mechanic as well. And u will defined answer from game devs about this (spoiler alert! it works as intended)

It certainly is not working as described. Intended maybe, but again the description doesn’t say this.

See these boxes....😇

nOux said:

It certainly is not working as described. Intended maybe, but again the description doesn’t say this.

See these boxes....😇

Because everything has to do with incinerate are put in to this one column. There are no where else in his whole description says anything about incinerate, thats the only reason why its there next to the other incinerate mechanics. How hard is it to understand such a simple explanation is beyond me.
    edited December 2019
    It does not say if these incinerate debuffs fail to apply like it does one above, it says incinerate effects meaning all incinerate debuffs/passives from all sources
    It cannot be more clear that it is
    edited December 2019
    It clearly says each bat hit applies an incinerate, hitting into block generates power and +ridonkulous attack if blocked.

Why you cannot explain why Masacre isn’t also doing these things shouldn’t be hard, I can’t understand why you can’t tell me and it’s beyond me; they’re circled!

See in these circles it says he does all this...but he is not.

Circles are cool.🤣

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Member Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    After listening to both sides, here's my opinion. The incinerates mentioned in masacre's description should by default be referring to the ones that are caused by the ignited bat, this is true. It should technically not be interacting with incinerates cause by outside sources. However, at this time, the game has no way to differentiate between incinerates cause by the ignited bat and incinerates caused by outside sources as they are both incinerates after all. So kabam took advantage of a grey area in the system to give us an unexpected challenge.

If there was a node that says "masacre's bat is always ignited", then the interaction happening currently where the energy damage is inflicted would make more sense. Kabam, please sort this out and make things clear.

It clearly says each bat hit applies an incinerate, hitting into block generates power and +ridonkulous attack if blocked.

Why you cannot explain why Masacre isn’t also doing these things shouldn’t be hard, I can’t understand why you can’t tell me and it’s beyond me; they’re circled!

Circles are cool.🤣

Because bat needs to be ignited to place INCINERATE DEBUFFS, like everything else in this column has one thing in common is INCINERATE MECHANICS. Masacre bat places INCINERATE DEBUFFS while its ignited. These INCINERATE DEBUFFS increase duration for each INCINERATE DEBUFFS on opponent. Each time INCINERATE EFFECTS (not debuffs, meaning all incinerate effects) fail to apply... it does not say like it said before about “THOSE INCINERATE DEBUFFS” they clearly used different wording to explain that it applies to all incinerate effects not only incinerate debuffs from Masacre bat.
    nOux said:

Circles are cool.🤣

Because bat needs to be ignited to place INCINERATE DEBUFFS, like everything else in this column has one thing in common is INCINERATE MECHANICS. Masacre bat places INCINERATE DEBUFFS while its ignited. These INCINERATE DEBUFFS increase duration for each INCINERATE DEBUFFS on opponent. Each time INCINERATE EFFECTS (not debuffs, meaning all incinerate effects) fail to apply... it does not say like it said before about “THOSE INCINERATE DEBUFFS” they clearly used different wording to explain that it applies to all incinerate effects not only incinerate debuffs from Masacre bat.
    Where does it say his bat needs to be ignited? It’s not within the circles! Is this because they are under the category of Ignited (meaning his bat is en fuego.) which also happens to be the category where the ability to deal x damage when an incinerate fails to apply is?

Yes I agree effects are effects (debuffs and passives; I grasped the general passive/buff/debuff before the game conveyed the info). And yes if Masacre’s bat was en fuego and he had a passive incinerate ability he imparted when struck there would be no question. But see... his bat no en fuego which is a prerequisite, just like the other circled/boxed abilities listed under Ignited.
    edited December 2019

nOux said:

Circles are cool.🤣

Where does it say his bat needs to be ignited? It’s not within the circles! Is this because they are under the category of Ignited (meaning his bat is en fuego.) which also happens to be the category where the ability to deal x damage when an incinerate fails to apply is?

Yes I agree effects are effects (debuffs and passives; I grasped the general passive/buff/debuff before the game conveyed the info). And yes if Masacre’s bat was en fuego and he had a passive incinerate ability he imparted when struck there would be no question. But see... his bat no en fuego which is a prerequisite, just like the other circled/boxed abilities listed under Ignited.
    What im trying to say everything in Ignite column has to do with incinerate mechanics. Same goes to ignition charges, everything has to do with with them are in the flammable column, as simple example in same flammable column it says “While ignited Masacre cannot gain additional ignition charges” its there not because bat is ignited but because of ignition charges mechanics. By your logic this while ignited should be in Ignite column. Same goes to “Each incinerate effects fails to apply” its next to ignition not because of bat needs to be ignited but because of incinerate mechanics.

*edited wrong usage of word prerequisite
  • SentryPillowSentryPillow Member Posts: 307 ★★★
    I’m going to give my 2 cents on this matter. The incinerate should not be returning any energy damage due to the fact that massacre needs his bat to be ignited. Since massacres ability to return energy damage when the opponent is immune to incinerate falls under the prerequisite of his bat being ignited, no energy damage should be received when using an incinerate immune unless the bat is ignited. It does indeed say an “incinerate effect” meaning any type of incinerate, but unless his bat is ignited, this shouldn’t matter anyway.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    edited December 2019
    nOux said:

nOux said:

Circles are cool.🤣

What im trying to say everything in Ignite column has to do with incinerate mechanics. Same goes to ignition charges, everything has to do with with them are in the flammable column, as simple example in same flammable column it says “While ignited Masacre cannot gain additional ignition charges” its there not because bat is ignited but because of ignition charges mechanics. By your logic this while ignited should be in Ignite column. Same goes to “Each incinerate effects fails to apply” its next to ignition not because of bat needs to be ignited but because of incinerate mechanics.

Hate to tell you but you are wrong.

Lets take Cull Obsidian for instance. The benefits from Thanos' favors are only active during them being active. Once those charges expire, those benefits are not longer active.

Just like Masacres "ignited" ability, Culls is listed in a separate box. Masacre gets those extras only from his bat being ignited.

nOux said:

nOux said:

Circles are cool.🤣

Care to explain why “While ignited Masacre cannot gain additional ignition charges” not in Ignited section?
    No, by my logic since “...fails to apply due to an immunity...” doesn’t require the ignited state, it does not accurately describe the ability when placed under Ignited.

What’s in the box! What’s in the box(es)!
    (Things Masacre does when his bat en fuego.)

By your interpretation Masacre should do all this at all times.

• VoltolosVoltolos Member Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    Lets go back to this one again. So, can anyone here read? Because IMIW autoblock is clearly listed under his 'Molecular Armor Passives' but he doesnt need even a single one for it to activate (if he has 4 armor effects from somewhere else). So is this a bug or is it possible that sometimes an ability is listed somewhere not because it absolutely has to be there but just because it makes more sense to list related abilities (like 'how Incinerate is applied' and 'what happens if it fails' or 'how armor effects can be gained' and 'what happens if there are a lot of them') in the same category even if one of them doesnt really belong there?

No, by my logic since “...fails to apply due to an immunity...” doesn’t require the ignited state, it does not accurately describe the ability when placed under Ignited.

What’s in the box! What’s in the box(es)!
    (Things Masacre does when his bat en fuego.)

By your interpretation Masacre should do all this at all times.

In that same box then should be “While ignited Masacre cannot gain additional ignition charges”. But why it isn’t in there? It needs bat to be ignited to behave like that.

Like the post above said its placed where it makes scene. Incinerate next to incinerate mechanics and ignition charges next to other ignition charges mechanics.
    nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Circles are cool.🤣

Care to explain why “While ignited Masacre cannot gain additional ignition charges” not in Ignited section?
    Circles for this one right? (because you’re going in circles.) It’s describing ignition charges. 🤦🏼

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,702 ★★★★★
    Why even try to help man this get out of hand or more confused what it need to be @Kabam Zibiit Migt need to get cler one this matter

nOux said:

nOux said:

nOux said:

Circles are cool.🤣

Circles for this one right? (because you’re going in circles.) It’s describing ignition charges. 🤦🏼

Thats what im trying to say, ignite charges mechanics are next to flammable and incinerate mechanics next to the Ignited. Thats why it clarifies “While ignited Masacre cannot gain additional ignition charges” same as “Each time incinerate effect ( not only debuff that applied by the bat that is mentioned as debuff not effect ) fails to apply...” there is a reason why they changed terminology of incinerate effect from debuff.
    nOux said:

Like the post above said its placed where it makes scene. Incinerate next to incinerate mechanics and ignition charges next to other ignition charges mechanics.

Care to explain how gaining power when striking a block is an incinerate ability?

How about under what condition Masacre applies incinerates?

O

This discussion has been closed.