**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Trophy Champs needs to go

In this game no character should be rare. There should be an equal chance at every single champ unless a featured crystal increases it. Thanos, Kang, Punisher, OG Deadpool, etc. should all be available characters in the basic pools. This way these characters can recieve proper synergies and reworks to be viable champs and can be more common. I just cant believe someone like punisher is so rare as a 5* for such a popular character

Comments

• RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Neotwism said:

You are just upset because you haven't gotten your favorite champ yet. Thats understandable. My favorite champ is Wolverine and he doesn't even exist in a 5* or 6* version. Trophy champs are just a fun part of the game. This game just has a few. Im sure in time you will get Punisher. When u do it will be a letdown just like the other trophy champs. They look pretty but arent good for anything else. Ppl still enjoy the chase to the few rare champs they can brag about.

I don't care about bragging or the flare. It's silly and childish. I'm upset because these characters are weak and Kabam can't do anything about it because these champs are super rare. It would be a waste of resources and effort just to buff them up and the community would uproar that they appeal to those who spent or lucked their way to get them.
    Again, it’s just the opposite:

They nerfed OG Deadpool.

They nerfed Kang.

They nerfed Immortal IF via 12.0.

Thanos has always been weaksauce due to lack of creativity from early developers. Most champions from back then are bland and useless.

The uproar was over them destroying trophy champs that people initially had to bust their butt to earn.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Rektor said:

Just the opposite, trophy champs should not be made widely available if they are a prize for completing content.

4* OG Deadpool was only available one way. Only a couple hundred in the entire game. That’s how it should stay for all the trophies. Not like what they did with kang (giving to the ROL legends then putting it in a gifting crystal for everyone).

OP, prepare for the act 6 legend champ to be given to 1st place of 2020 gifting event. Those act 6 legends will feel special for about 7 months.

Like that 1 player who felt special for a short while a couple of years ago. There was a special arena wherein there was 1 prize: 4* IIF, and he was promoted to be an exclusive champ, which could only be obtained by winning that one time special arena.........not long after that they announced the release of max sig Crystals....with 4* IIF in it.

• Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    “Trophy champions shouldn’t be famous Marvel characters”

You said that somewhere on this thread, but this is exactly the point. Yes, they should.
    That’s the entire point of being trophy champs.

No one would care about them if they were completely unknown and obscure Marvel characters. No one would care if you said “oh look, I have that guy and you don’t”. People would be like “ok, but who’s that again?”.

Trophy champs need to be known characters. No one shows off participation trophies. People like to show off the big ones: second, first place, gold medals etc.
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    ẞlооd said:

Dang, you just reminded me I don't have a 5* Punisher..

I've been playing for almost 4 years now and still don't have a 4* Punisher
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i love trophy champ, they are part of the collection stuff and they doesn't need to be good or god tier, it is fun to have them

i love my kang and i wish i pull thanos and iron fist some day
  • Nightbat216Nightbat216 Posts: 195
    Then you must really hate 5* basic pool it's not like trophy champs are supposed to be amazing beyond god tier that's why their called "trophy" champs it's to show off like say when you win a trophy all you use it for is to show it to people trophies in real life as well as in the game have no other use then to show them to people
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★

i love trophy champ, they are part of the collection stuff and they doesn't need to be good or god tier, it is fun to have them

i love my kang and i wish i pull thanos and iron fist some day

I don't have fun with champions that have 1 line of abilities. That may appeal to you but definitely not to me. Trophy or not I only care if they can help me beat content.
    what's the problem then id you don't care about them? none of the trophy champs are game changers or anything special but their rarity
    edited December 2019

Then you must really hate 5* basic pool it's not like trophy champs are supposed to be amazing beyond god tier that's why their called "trophy" champs it's to show off like say when you win a trophy all you use it for is to show it to people trophies in real life as well as in the game have no other use then to show them to people

Bragging is for children. Envying is for losers. The concept of trophy champs I absolutely despise. You shouldn't need a single champion to for your account to be special. Titles and content you have beaten matters more than silly antiques.
    And also you say bragging is for children do you realize a huge portion of gamers in this world are children?
  • Then you must really hate 5* basic pool it's not like trophy champs are supposed to be amazing beyond god tier that's why their called "trophy" champs it's to show off like say when you win a trophy all you use it for is to show it to people trophies in real life as well as in the game have no other use then to show them to people

Bragging is for children. Envying is for losers. The concept of trophy champs I absolutely despise. You shouldn't need a single champion to for your account to be special. Titles and content you have beaten matters more than silly antiques.
    Not sure if intentionally hypocritical, or unintentionally ironic.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited December 2019
    From comments it seems he has the trophy champs and wants them buffed

Because if he doesn’t have them why does he care at all
    Piviot said:

From comments it seems he has the trophy champs and wants them buffed

Because if he doesn’t have them why does he care at all

Because he wants everything to be handed to him on a silver platter
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,722 ★★★★★
    Why does it really matter if they are so useless just don't use them