**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hall of heros - power creep and the game's future

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
Hall of heros had brought home how much power creep there has been in new champions.

As the years go by, the "fun and interactive gameplay" abilities of new champions has gone ballistic.

I appreciate that this is core to f2p games as the new champions with great abilities are necessary to get people to dip into their pockets to keep up with the power creep.

It's just interesting to see it brought to life so vividly in this event as each new champion is fought.

Is there a solution to this? Perhaps a subscription option that gives access to updated champion abilities and movesets to keep all champions relevant for those who pay?

For example, release a bunch of buffs to OG hulk, magneto, Captain America etc, but you can only get them off you are on a $5 a month or sigil esque subscription? No idea how that would interact with AW...

But the hall of heros and the truth from the gifting event that perhaps 100 whales literally keep kabam profitable, has certainly made me reflect.

Comments

• Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I see an issue with this system. How would this interact with people who don't use this subscription service? Would they have to fight these buffed champs in aw but not be able to use the buffed champs themselves? If these buffed champs were God tier or higher, wouldn't it break the game balance? That's the big issue with your idea.
  • Options
    TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 368 ★★
    edited January 2020
    I would definitely pay kabam just so I can feel like a god with my favorite character magneto! I mean it’s not like I hit my head real hard or missing half my brain but that’s a good idea! A great way to get rid of those pesky f2ps. I would definitely pay for a buffed champ instead of my bills

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

I would definitely pay kabam just so I can feel like a god with my favorite character magneto! I mean it’s not like I hit my head real hard or missing half my brain but that’s a good idea! A great way to get rid of those pesky f2ps. I would definitely pay for a buffed champ instead of my bills

Btw we’re gonna jump that 1 prsn whose on board w/ u 😂😂😂

I mean, if you think about it, if we paid kabam a weekly subscription of $20 to play their game, they could probably buff more champions and maybe even throw in a free 4* crystal every week 🤤
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So let me get this straight your idea to prevent power creep that is requiring people to spend to keep up(which is not true btw in f2p and keeping up with endgame content) is to make people spend to buff champs.

Personally the idea you propose is more p2w then the current model as it would shift from people shelling out money as giving large boost to there roster to actually being a requirement in this game as buffs would be behind a paywall versus behind rng.
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Theres a reason this has 52 disagrees and 1 agree
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Do you work for Kabam or something?
  • Options
    PerceptronPerceptron Posts: 169
    When you have nothing to do, then all of sudden you place worse possible idea at worse possible time
  • Options
    JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    68 disagrees. Help, someone make it the magic number
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    "Is there a solution to F2P players falling behind, perhaps widen the gap by making buffs to champions paid?"
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    I was not talking about f2p. Could not really care about them. I'm thinking of those that are happy to pay the sigil or the unit monthly as a minimum. 5 to 10 a month. In effect the others, bar the whales that keep the lights on, but equally don't spend enough to keep up with the power curve.

It's daft, but even 120 dollars a year (monthly sigil) doesn't keep a non f2p on the pace, unless they are a "time doesn't equal money" f2p (those who spend hours a day grinding).

So for those who do keep the lights on, who do fund the game, but not to the extremes of the whales, should they get more than just slightly more goes on a fixed odds beting terminal?

For all those hating the idea because it would drive away the f2p, frankly, they don't fund the game. They are needed for the community, but if they simply didn't get OG champion upgrades, but could still grind for all the new champions in exactly the same way as normal, what are they losing?

In my view not much. So yes, it does need addressing. Asgard and their ilk pack up their bags and no amount of f2p players is going to keep this game running.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I was baffled at one particular thing ..

Darkhawk .. when he first came out, they slapped him with a "BS node" giving him Null mode at start of fight ... plus a sprinkly of lag .. (I recall an old Unofficial Kabam Miike video showing it quite nicely, as well as the "Pause the game" workaround .. LOL )

personally did a hard pass on him even in Master then ...

they brought him back on this one .. plopped him on the final node, and oh yeah ... same BS node ! O.o LOL

Fortunately, a 5* R5 Ghost (which I didn't have then), made quick work of him this time around! ROFLMAO.

Silver Surfer, however, they went about differently.
    Introduced him .. he gets "cheesed" with 3* Ronan ..
    So in this one, they have him on the end, but they change the nodes around ... no Ronan cheese any more .. LOL

• Options
    edited January 2020

Btw we’re gonna jump that 1 prsn whose on board w/ u 😂😂😂

I mean, if you think about it, if we paid kabam a weekly subscription of $20 to play their game, they could probably buff more champions and maybe even throw in a free 4* crystal every week 🤤
    I guess my sarcasm was a little too dry on this one : /
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    dot_ditto said:

Darkhawk .. when he first came out, they slapped him with a "BS node" giving him Null mode at start of fight ... plus a sprinkly of lag .. (I recall an old Unofficial Kabam Miike video showing it quite nicely, as well as the "Pause the game workaround .. LOL )

Lol I remember when I discovered the pausing trick and kabam took down my discussion. I did pause on this DH boss fight just in case there was a repeat scenario
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★

I was not talking about f2p. Could not really care about them. I'm thinking of those that are happy to pay the sigil or the unit monthly as a minimum. 5 to 10 a month. In effect the others, bar the whales that keep the lights on, but equally don't spend enough to keep up with the power curve.

It's daft, but even 120 dollars a year (monthly sigil) doesn't keep a non f2p on the pace, unless they are a "time doesn't equal money" f2p (those who spend hours a day grinding).

So for those who do keep the lights on, who do fund the game, but not to the extremes of the whales, should they get more than just slightly more goes on a fixed odds beting terminal?

For all those hating the idea because it would drive away the f2p, frankly, they don't fund the game. They are needed for the community, but if they simply didn't get OG champion upgrades, but could still grind for all the new champions in exactly the same way as normal, what are they losing?

In my view not much. So yes, it does need addressing. Asgard and their ilk pack up their bags and no amount of f2p players is going to keep this game running.

Tell that to Brian Grant.