**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Uncollected Aegon is actually a well designed fight

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Hear me out. So you have your 3.1 boss who is sitting at about 110k health and Kabam picks Aegon. Aegon is not too difficult but with his furies he hits kinda hard. Still not to difficult.
But then they add the nodes. To start off, you have debuff immunity which makes Aegon harder since you take block damage or have to intercept. Kinda annoying. But then they add in power gain which actually helps because he's throwing more specials.
But then they make it more annoying. They add in Lazarus which makes it harder but can be countered by knocking him down with heavies and making him consume revival charges.
Plot twist! There's power shield as well. No heavy intercept cheesing. Instead you have to either use specials to consume revival charges of get to a 100 hit combo.
If you think about it, this is actually a decent challenge and not a nightmare as some people think. What do you guys think?
Note: I didn't say it was a fun fight, it's just well designed.

Comments

• Options
    SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Yes
  • Options
    ECOMAECOMA Posts: 328 ★★
    Blade sp2 ate 3 charges fed bleed to sp1 dead. Was over in seconds Lazarus didnt even Matter
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    it was super easy with Hyperion, just heavy him after his sp2 or his heavy attack
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Yeah, I thought the increased power gain counteracted the stun immunity. Just a ton of baiting specials and he was in the bin
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Still don’t understand all the fuss. Maintaining your combo is a basic requirement.
  • Options

Still don’t understand all the fuss. Maintaining your combo is a basic requirement.

Agreed the node may as well read hey dont get hit and be done
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★

it was super easy with Hyperion, just heavy him after his sp2 or his heavy attack

well someone disagreed with me lol, im guessing you never tried with Hyperion or you just have no skill.
  • Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    It was pretty cool. I like fights that force you to use different strategies, but let you use any champion. I did it with 5/50s
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    I did it with any mystic champs, didn’t require any skill, just MD lol.

Block and wait for his heavy. Counter his heavy for him to get 5 furies, back off wait for furies to expire and fuel your power bar to close to sp2.5. Block, wait for heavy, counter sp2/3, the wait for furies to expire again.

Ridiculously easy fight. Lol
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s just a stun immune champ. Intercept and ur all good.
  • Options

It’s just a stun immune champ. Intercept and ur all good.

That's why I felt it was badly designed uc should be hard

Infinity thanos was a well designed fight
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    I really enjoyed the fight. Totally agree.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    Can't but agree, I really loved that fight. I used the prep method, where you hit 100 combo and collect some furies from Juke and then you destroy him with 1 sp.
  • Options
    Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    I used Magik. MD got me to sp3 with his fury expiring that killed him with power shield. Then I just spammed a rotation of sp1 till all his Lazarus was gone.