**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ronin Purify

SkuncSkunc Posts: 39
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Can someone clarify the purify mechanic for me with Ronin. When entering a guard stance, you 100% purify a debuff.

A few times now, this has not happened for me. Most recently fighting Void. I was in demon stance, I was hit with his special 1 which put the agility debuff on me. I switched to guard stance, and the buff did not purify.

Working as intended?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    I think what's happening here is due to Ronin needing to dashback to enter a stance, and you had a abillity debuff from void, that part of the abillity failed. Might be wrong though
  • SkuncSkunc Posts: 39
    I’ll have to record his fights now. He has a lot of potential. Hopefully it’s not a bug and I just messed something up.
  • SkuncSkunc Posts: 39

Did you possibly switch into guard-stance while the debuff was still passively lingering?

The debuff was active but it may have just been timing that I purified the agility debuff at the exact same time that his IP put another agility debuff on me.

I am loving this champ the more I play him.
  • Dropping a scroll of revival on this thread lol

I'm having the same issue. He didn't purify a poison debuff from Abomination a couple days ago. Just now I fought Morningstar and he purified the first time I had a bleed debuff, but he didn't purify a Bleed the next time. Had to double check his info to see if there was a cooldown or something. There isn't. Sometimes in AQ he doesn't purify the node's bleed or poison debuff, but other times he does. Glitchy AF. I'll start recording the fights.

I tried searching for other, newer posts about this, but the search function isn't working properly.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Skunc said:

Can someone clarify the purify mechanic for me with Ronin. When entering a guard stance, you 100% purify a debuff.

A few times now, this has not happened for me. Most recently fighting Void. I was in demon stance, I was hit with his special 1 which put the agility debuff on me. I switched to guard stance, and the buff did not purify.

Working as intended?

I can confirm he is not bugged. I use him more than anyone can imagine and haven’t had this problem before. You can only purify a debuff if you enter the guard stance while in a different stance. I think it has something to do with the agility debuff. And it’s nice to see someone else who can see his potential, I have a few clips on a yt channel of him and j use him in t3/2 alliance war. He is amazing. Plus very suicides friendly.
  • MemphistophilesMemphistophiles Posts: 79
    edited September 2020
    Hmmm...maybe I'm not entering guard stance from a different stance, but trying to reactivate it while still in it. Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Yeah Ronin's my first 6* champ, so you can imagine how much mileage I'm getting out of him hahaha I'm honestly amazed how much less I'm using my 5* Blade now (R4, Awakened sig 65). Ronin's just got more utility with his stances, especially purifying any debuff.
  • WhaaaatWhaaaat Posts: 407 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    @Masterpuff can you share any of your war videos?
    It would be an interesting video for sure
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

Skunc said:

Working as intended?

I can confirm he is not bugged. I use him more than anyone can imagine and haven’t had this problem before. You can only purify a debuff if you enter the guard stance while in a different stance. I think it has something to do with the agility debuff. And it’s nice to see someone else who can see his potential, I have a few clips on a yt channel of him and j use him in t3/2 alliance war. He is amazing. Plus very suicides friendly.
    What’s the YT channel please? I recently pulled him and so far have found him fun and would like to use him more.
    Whaaaat said:

@Masterpuff can you share any of your war videos?
    It would be an interesting video for sure

I am going to start recording my wars starting this off season!
    Shamir51 said:

Skunc said:

Working as intended?

What’s the YT channel please? I recently pulled him and so far have found him fun and would like to use him more.
    It’s the same as my forums name. I just made it so there aren’t many Ronin Vids yet.
    If you guys want me to showcase him anywhere, @ me and I’ll record it.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★

Shamir51 said:

Skunc said:

Working as intended?

It’s the same as my forums name. I just made it so there aren’t many Ronin Vids yet.
    Thank you @Masterpuff . I’ll check it out! I know from other posts you’re a big fan of his and hoping you’re videos can show me why and give me inspiration to use him in the right way 👍
    Shamir51 said:

Shamir51 said:

Skunc said:

Working as intended?

Thank you @Masterpuff . I’ll check it out! I know from other posts you’re a big fan of his and hoping you’re videos can show me why and give me inspiration to use him in the right way 👍
    Thanks! I am going to try to upload more vids on him, I only have RoL take down rn but they showcase damage. I am trying to find good places to show his utility.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    I’d be all over the Ronin train if I could get him higher than my two star for beginner completion that one time
  • amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82
    I have a 6* but i have been sleeping on him all this time, but i think it is time i give him some justice.
    Better than decent damage and a fun playstyle
    amal_nair said:

I have a 6* but i have been sleeping on him all this time, but i think it is time i give him some justice.

Better than decent is an understatement. My 5/65 can drop 11k mediums ramped up.
  • amal_nairamal_nair Posts: 82

amal_nair said:

Better than decent is an understatement. My 5/65 can drop 11k mediums ramped up.
    Yeah you're right, just took my r1 against rol ws with moonknight and bp synergies, the yellow numbers were really awesome.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    He was my first r4 5*, and against aggressive ai and fully ramped up I'd say he has the highest DPS of all of my champions, except fight specific champs like torch and magneto.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    @Masterpuff what are your thoughts on the awakened ability?
    Qacob said:

@Masterpuff what are your thoughts on the awakened ability?

It’s definitely not necessary. But it has some incredibly good uses. If you are low on health you can just let go of block against for example punisher 2099’s Sp1, and he will evade the whole thing, and get a huge attack bonus.