**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Suicides, Willpower and boosts

zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 3,156 ★★★★★
So I finally went ahead and unlocked and activated the suicide masteries the other day and tonight went back to exploring Variant 1. Popped on a 20% champion boost and got to work. After a fight or two of thinking I was losing a lot more health to the suicides than usual I realized that the damage from the suicide debuffs increased to match the boost but the healing from willpower didn't follow. Considering the wording on both is the same and there's no mention of base health on Willpower to differentiate it from double edge or liquid courage the scaling effect should be the same for all masteries. It would be great for this to be fixed but seeing as it only hurts the player I have no doubt it will either be "working as intended" or just ignored altogether.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    All Regen is base of base hp alest most champions
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Gamer said:

It's been a while since I've done AW but I'm fairly certain regen always scales with nodes etc, don't see why this would be any different. Both willpower and suicides are worded the same, no reason boosts only raise the damage and not the mitigation.
    Not true only buffe node doesn’t but if he figth a champions with sucide you se them get masive danmged
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Gamer said:

zeezee57 said:

Gamer said:

It's been a while since I've done AW but I'm fairly certain regen always scales with nodes etc, don't see why this would be any different. Both willpower and suicides are worded the same, no reason boosts only raise the damage and not the mitigation.
    Not true only buffe node doesn’t but if he figth a champions with sucide you se them get masive danmged
    How is that not true? If you go into act 6 for example and there isn't an enhanced regen node, only the global 400% champion boost and health boost nodes, an opponent with regen will reflect that node boost, how is that any different than a player using a boost while Willpower is active?
    You don’t getting it I’m need one to tell you what going one @DNA3000 you better to explain it and my English is terrible
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    zeezee57 said:

Gamer said:

@Gamer is correct here: a while ago Kabam changed the way regeneration and healing worked so that by default they work based on base health not boosted health. This was done at least in part to address the fact that anything with regen was a vastly better defender in alliance war. Prior to the change champs like Ultron were amazing to place on stun immune because you'd get huge healing that at the time was difficult to shut down. I don't recall the precise moment when the change was made, but I do recall this, and I also know that for many years now people have been explaining to players that Willpower heals based on base health not boosted health which throws some player's calculations off.

If you think you've seen healing based on boosted health without the presence of a heal or regen boost active, let me know which precise fight it was and I can try to take a look at it.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

DNA3000 said:

zeezee57 said:

Gamer said:

@Gamer is correct here: a while ago Kabam changed the way regeneration and healing worked so that by default they work based on base health not boosted health. This was done at least in part to address the fact that anything with regen was a vastly better defender in alliance war. Prior to the change champs like Ultron were amazing to place on stun immune because you'd get huge healing that at the time was difficult to shut down. I don't recall the precise moment when the change was made, but I do recall this, and I also know that for many years now people have been explaining to players that Willpower heals based on base health not boosted health which throws some player's calculations off.

If you think you've seen healing based on boosted health without the presence of a heal or regen boost active, let me know which precise fight it was and I can try to take a look at it.
    I took on Goblin in 6.2 or 6.3, I can check which, with no added nodes but Champion and health boosts and he was healing over 1k per tick. Seeing as things have changed so drastically from whenever it was exactly that they made that change it seems high time to revisit the matter, or at minimum change the was the suicide debuff scale to match the healing since they all come from the same place and are worded the same.

Green Goblin in 6.3.2, listed as a 1/24 R1 6* with big time champ and health boosts only.
    Green Goblin is a terrible example as I believe his heal is based on damage dealt to him as opposed to what his base health is