**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena Question

LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
Just a random question on Arenas. How much do you usually get for an hour of grinding? I do the 4* featured arena mainly, and after an hour I'm usually 15,000 BCs.
Idk if that's below average or whatever because when I here people say stuff like just do arena for an hour a day, I dont see how 15,000 really helps that much.
After an hour I've done 15 matches and usually at 850,000 points
(Yes I know how to do the infinite loop where I dont ever get death matches)
Just was wondering if it was an android thing with long loading screens or whatever.

Comments

• Options
    Basically I'm wondering how many rounds you can get through in an hour usually. It just seems like 15 rounds in 1 hour is a bit low
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    I generally average the low 20s per hour in the arena. I don't have a figure off the top of my head in terms of BC/hour but I do know between the BC per fight and the milestone rewards for the arena events it adds up to a ton over time. It just doesn't seem like a lot on a day by day basis. For example a lot of people have said how the units in the arena milestones are painful to earn five or ten at a time, until I do the math and it ends up being hundreds to thousands of units per month.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,450 ★★★★
    It depends on a few things:
    - where in the grind you are (once you're in infinite streak territory, you're golden)
    - Your device (I can often spend more time watching a loading screen and/or the connection warning icon than actually fighting)
    - Suicides or nah (They make a SUBSTANTIAL difference to how quickly you can win fights)
    - Opponents/Match-ups (If you're regularly fighting trickier opponents like evaders, auto-blockers or power gainers then fights can take longer; plus if you don't take the time to plan good matchups)
    - How good you are (let's be honest, some people can finish fights much faster and with more success than others)

All of those factors can swing the rounds/hour count by 5 or so either way
  • Options

- Your device (I can often spend more time watching a loading screen and/or the connection warning icon than actually fighting)

Yeah. I'm mainly wondering about this on how much different it is between android and apple

• Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    Without suicides I average about 3 mins per set, that includes selection through completion.

With suicides, it's under 2 mins per set.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Without suicides I average about 3 mins per set, that includes selection through completion.

With suicides, it's under 2 mins per set.

Until relatively recently I had partial suicides - basically everything except the poison - and I was getting over 25 rounds per hour. So even partial suicides can significantly improve arena rounds (and the health you lose is inconsequential in the arena unless you actually die).

The problem I had was that while suicides didn't impair my ability to do things like Uncollected, it was impairing my ability to do things like the Variant difficulties, so I turned them back off while I am working to fully explore them all. But if you need the speed in the arena and you aren't working on content that is too difficult for you to comfortably explore with them on, suicides can add 20% - 30% to your arena speed or more.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    How many rounds per hour? Roughly 45-55. (Running suicides, no connection issues, and zero distractions)
    If I'm in the 5* feature, not including milestones, say they're all 5* opponents (some will be 4* some will be 6*) that's 40 BC per fight, plus 300 per round.
    420 BC x 45 rounds = just shy of 19k BC assuming they're all perfect rounds.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    That is also assuming I'm on my iPad, not my Android phone. And assuming I don't run into any "difficult" matchups (i.e. someone with last stand, indestructible, insane regens, etc)

Ideally though in all reality, I'm watching TV and putting the iPad down to reply to posts like this because arenas bore me.

So times like that more like 30 per hour. Lol