**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do you strategise your average 5* Champion Rank ups

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,450 ★★★★
Obviously your key champions get prioritised for high-tier rank ups as your rank up materials allow, but my question here is about how you manage your more average champs, particularly those who essentially are never used except for synergies or arena, if that.

The 5* Featured Infinite streak can be maintained with 3x R2 Champions while R1s need to be chaperoned by higher Ranked champs, which is a big case for R2 rank ups at a minimum. Meanwhile R3 champions are often recommended for more serious arena grinders.

Obviously these plans need to be traded off with rank and level up material costs.

So what say you? DO you have a strategy, or do you just rank up the champs you want?

How do you strategise your average 5* Champion Rank ups 32 votes

Aim to rank all to R3
15%
DrownedGodTerraTheTalentsawesomesauceNightbat216 5 votes
Aim to rank all to R2 minimum
15%
KihlgastStar_Lord_Austin555555Nimorlowlevelplayer 5 votes
Leave a set number at R1, all others to R2 minimum
9%
DonnymeijPrezRio4Giodood_1 3 votes
Only rank beyond R1 if they're useful
37%
GrundalowSlashingSunsetCassysolopoloRoOOtsRockypantherxHector_1475Suman_sahAEdeuinkOctoberstackPlinkoSheDroveMeHere 12 votes
Don't even level up the trash ones
12%
MarvzeliusAngusMac279Kevo9513Berjibs 4 votes
Other
9%
Lvernon15Colonaut123Soyheyor123 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Those who are interesting / useful in their mechanics or have a beneficial synergy, I plan to take to R3. The problem is that at the monent (over 60 5*) I have great champs still stack at R1 (and even greater ones awakened stack at R3, waiting for T2As - that's another story), due to lack of resources.

T4BCs and T1As are easy to come by and collect, but it doesn't matter because they are never enough.

ISO is another consideration too and of course Gold. It's very easy to fall in the rabbit of ranking up not actually useful champs in the long run, saying to yourself that at least they will get used in arena, while at the same time you deplete away your gold resources. Keep an eye on that one too.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Aim to rank all to R3
    Pushing up a very large roster, i tend to do a lot of "playing around" with different champs, synergies, matchups, and interactions.
    I'm also on the higher-side of the arena grinding (Usually shoot for all milestones of every arena); with a ranked up roster, I find that so much time is saved substantially.
    In an ideal world, I'd like all my 5* to be at R3+, but the time, resources and requirements are a bit much to keep up with.

Generally my guidelines to ranking are to prioritize meaningful, impactful champions that may be necessary for certain gates or specific bosses/matchups (either for story/or alliance stuff); then consideration for alliance quests or wars (both attack or defense); with a consideration in champion's overall prestige

When none of the above are obviously present, and I am choosing between "average champs" as you put it, I check my T4CC inventory, and whichever is higher gets the win. This helps keep me from going into overflow of certain classes. Speaking of which, I gotta make a call on a cosmic champ soon as I am nearing 13 in the inventory. Now when deciding a specfic 5* of a class; if its just an average champ I'll tend to favor those with decent synergies or ones that are fun to play in arena.

My biggest bottlenecks are both the T1A + T2A; but at least the T1A is easy enough to come by, just need to have patience.
  • Options
    solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited January 2020
    Currently I'm only ranking up champs that directly help my progress, because resource is scarce, but as soon as I hit cavalier, which I'm planning to go for later this month, I'll be switching focus to getting all my 5*s up to rank 2 for arenas. I have a bit over 15 r1s so far so that'll take a bit. But for now, anyone who goes beyond r1 is intended for r4.
  • Options
    SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    If they're garbage, they get nothing. If they're possibly useful they go to r3, and then audition for further ranking.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Aim to rank all to R2 minimum
    Everyone gets to go to R2 for arena speed, I hate coordinating R1s. All will eventually go to R3...I just leave the meme tier for the last rank ups. Right now I think I only have 4 at R2, mostly because I have made some big rank ups recently.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Aim to rank all to R3
    I'm a huge arena player so trying to get as many 5 stars to r3 is essential.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I would love to take all of mine to R3 but I simply don't have the iso nor gold to do so. And I'm a big arena grinder
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Other
    A bit all of the above.

For my 4*, I rank up all champions who are remotely useful to rank 3. Thrash champions stay at 1 or 2. If a champion is really good, it goes to 4. The ones I absolutely need go to 5.

If you're rich enough, you can apply the same system to 5*.

Now, your question might be: what's "remotely useful". Well, Yondu, Heimdall, Dr Strange, Psylocke
  • Options
    Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    I rank everyone to R1 max (or R2 sometimes), then I think:
    “Do I like playing this guy?”
    Yes —> R3/R4 follow question below
    No —> R2

And then
    “Is this guy insanely good?”
    Yes —> R4/R5
    No —> R3/R4

That’s what I’ve been doing
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Other
    I’m working on getting them all to rank 2 for arena but I focus all my resources on the champs that benefit me outside arena