**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Regarding upcoming changes

Hello everyone,
So I don't visit the forum much, and I understood from an alliance mate that Namor will be nerfed soon.
Came to the forums to see and there aren't any sticky threads that talk about rebalancing champions, nor could I find any threads made by an admin regarding Namor.

Is there anyone kind enough to leave a link to the thread that has the official announcement?

Comments

• Options
    TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    There is still no official announcement the only official reaction has been in the line of:

No nerf is planned
    There is a planned change to some champs that all lie in the line of small adjustments an announcement will be made ahead of the changes if and when they will be implemented. Current plans are to do that around February
  • Options
    Enigma50Enigma50 Posts: 55
    edited January 2020
    Please bare with me for a bit and kindly answer this stupid question.
    How did the players know that changes will be made to Namor then if no official announcement was made?

I knew about Cull because I read an announcement like 3 or 4 months ago, but now I can't find that thread too.
    I wanted to check whether Namor's name was mentioned in it.
  • Options
    awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Enigma50 said:

How did the players know that changes will be made to Namor then if no official announcement was made?

I knew about Cull because I read an announcement like 3 or 4 months ago, but now I can't find that thread too.

The announcement was found on (i believe) one of kabam's foreign sites, that loosely translated to namor. should be able to search for the thread on here. This caused a lot of questions to come in ever since. I feel like it was probably a couple months ago at this point.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    Enigma50 said:

A screenshot was being sent around from a Chinese version of the MCOC forums saying Namor was part of the changes. No way to validate the picture or the information which most likely the picture was shopped. There wasn't any link or anything else to go with it. This is where people started saying Namor would be "nerfed". Now everyone thinks that Namor is going to be completely redone, people are freaking out, spreading fake news and generally over reacting. It's the equivalent of "seeing" bigfoot. Everyone saw it and has a story, none of it is true.
  • Options
    Thanks man.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★

Enigma50 said:

A screenshot was being sent around from a Chinese version of the MCOC forums saying Namor was part of the changes. No way to validate the picture or the information which most likely the picture was shopped. There wasn't any link or anything else to go with it. This is where people started saying Namor would be "nerfed". Now everyone thinks that Namor is going to be completely redone, people are freaking out, spreading fake news and generally over reacting. It's the equivalent of "seeing" bigfoot. Everyone saw it and has a story, none of it is true.
    Except that miike actually said a person on the team still ranked 5 his 5* namor after the changes on their test server, so theres actually reason to wonder what's going on.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★

Enigma50 said:

And well I’m Hav prow from a edito the patch node to
  • Options
    @Demonzfyre

Isn’t fake news just edited out because ther wasn’t the change in this Patch
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Enigma50 said:

Except that miike actually said a person on the team still ranked 5 his 5* namor after the changes on their test server, so theres actually reason to wonder what's going on.
    Because the "changes" aren't what people are making them out to be. I never said Namor wouldn't have any changes, im saying they aren't nerfing him into the ground like everyone keeps saying.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Enigma50 said:

Miike indirectly confirmed it, said something along the lines of “ FWIW: I still took my Namor to 5/65 sig 200 after testing”. Although I do concur about the screenshot, that could definitely have been faked
  • Options
    Gamer said:

@Demonzfyre

@Gamer that's not what they are referring to. This was a supposed post on the chinese forums.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Enigma50 said:

Because the "changes" aren't what people are making them out to be. I never said Namor wouldn't have any changes, im saying they aren't nerfing him into the ground like everyone keeps saying.
    I agree but considering all the little things theyve said here and there about still ranking up after changes and then possible compensation packages etc just makes kabam seem really shady right now.
  • Options

Gamer said:

@Demonzfyre

@Gamer that's not what they are referring to. This was a supposed post on the chinese forums.
    This one ist from Chinese either
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Enigma50 said:

I agree but considering all the little things theyve said here and there about still ranking up after changes and then possible compensation packages etc just makes kabam seem really shady right now.
    Nah. Considering how people reacted to their first announcement, they are trying to be as transparent as possible. The last one was vague and no real info was given. The comp is because they know that no matter what they do or say, people will be upset regardless.
  • Options
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

@Demonzfyre

I know, but the one that was supposedly put on the Chinese forums had "more" information regarding Namor.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Enigma50 said:

Nah. Considering how people reacted to their first announcement, they are trying to be as transparent as possible. The last one was vague and no real info was given. The comp is because they know that no matter what they do or say, people will be upset regardless.
    Still tho, how hard is it to say in an official post all of these things so people can see until the actual announcement of specific changes being made? Why say it here or there in different threads? Just put what is known in one post for all to see. Make changes to that post if necessary.
  • Options
    OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Enigma50 said:

Just a couple things I thought I might add.

The info came from the official Chinese MCOC website, within their news/announcements section (http://mcoc.163.com/news/843), not a Chinese version of the forums as you suggested.

The original post which first identified this news page can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/175040/nerf-namor-and-cull-obsidian-in-jan-information-from-chinese-official-webpage/p1

The Chinese page now appears to have been modified to exclude the paragraph regarding the balance updates. At the time, I opened the page via Chrome and the automated translated feature gave me the following translation:

The translated paragraph (nor the page) was photoshopped, though I’m unsure if edited versions made the rounds in the community thereafter. But as you correctly stated, the current ‘Namor nerf’ outrage originated from this forum thread, arguably after Prof Hoff (quite predictably) made a video showcasing the thread in question, which only added fuel to the fear-mongering.

Couple weeks following that, Kabam Miike posted the following on a different forum thread regarding the same matter:

Seemingly this confirms that there are indeed upcoming changes planned for Namor.

BUT

There is no official info out there details what these changes are, most of the stuff you hear about his ‘major upcoming nerf’ is pure speculation. But it does seem to be the case that Namor will indeed be receiving some changes to his kit.

The Kabam team here have insisted that these changes will not affect the champ’s performance or desirability, and frankly I’m happy to wait and see for myself before jumping to conclusions.

Hope this helps elucidate the situation OP @Enigma50
  • Options
    So he is definitely on that list haha.
    I really had no clue Namor was going to be changed. If I knew I would have waited to see what these changes are.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Enigma50 said:

Still tho, how hard is it to say in an official post all of these things so people can see until the actual announcement of specific changes being made? Why say it here or there in different threads? Just put what is known in one post for all to see. Make changes to that post if necessary.
    The official post is coming but people can't seem to wait so instead of waiting, they continue to make threads with "information" they think they know or speculate what will happen. The communities speculation tends to be on the far end of the spectrum of worst case scenario mostly due to 12.0 but we haven't had a 12.0 since 12.0 but the tag line is always "typical Kabam".

I'd really like to know the changes as well. I have a R5 Cull which i love using. I've also pulled Namor and Ebony Maw. I'd rather see the official announcement before speculating what might happen.
  • Options

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

@Demonzfyre

I know, but the one that was supposedly put on the Chinese forums had "more" information regarding Namor.
    No cheiines didn’t hav much much that I’m posting at all. But Agerd we need to be more claimed and don’t espies it a hug rebalancing
  • Options

Enigma50 said:

The info came from the official Chinese MCOC website, within their news/announcements section (http://mcoc.163.com/news/843), not a Chinese version of the forums as you suggested.

The original post which first identified this news page can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/175040/nerf-namor-and-cull-obsidian-in-jan-information-from-chinese-official-webpage/p1

The Chinese page now appears to have been modified to exclude the paragraph regarding the balance updates. At the time, I opened the page via Chrome and the automated translated feature gave me the following translation:

The translated paragraph (nor the page) was photoshopped, though I’m unsure if edited versions made the rounds in the community thereafter. But as you correctly stated, the current ‘Namor nerf’ outrage originated from this forum thread, arguably after Prof Hoff (quite predictably) made a video showcasing the thread in question, which only added fuel to the fear-mongering.

Couple weeks following that, Kabam Miike posted the following on a different forum thread regarding the same matter:

Seemingly this confirms that there are indeed upcoming changes planned for Namor.

BUT

There is no official info out there details what these changes are, most of the stuff you hear about his ‘major upcoming nerf’ is pure speculation. But it does seem to be the case that Namor will indeed be receiving some changes to his kit.

The Kabam team here have insisted that these changes will not affect the champ’s performance or desirability, and frankly I’m happy to wait and see for myself before jumping to conclusions.

Sorry, I should clarify that when I say 'Chinese version" I meant their official MCOC page. Not a mock page or anything.
  • Options
    Enigma50 said:

So he is definitely on that list haha.
    I really had no clue Namor was going to be changed. If I knew I would have waited to see what these changes are.

@Enigma50

In fairness, I had a feeling he’d be tuned down some day but took the plunge anyway and took him to R5 sig200 with a Variant 4-5 gem, because I knew exactly what kind of content I was going to attempt next and I knew he could get me through it cheaply.

He almost single-handedly completed Variant 2 100% with barely any revives spent, and was invaluable in certain paths in my exploration of 6.1 and 6.2. He also gave my prestige a sizeable bump, and since I ranked him up last month my alliance has gone from top 800 AQ to breaking top 350 (a great group effort). He’s admittedly seen less use in 6.3, but I have yet to start exploring it properly.

At the end of day - in my eyes anyway - he’s served the main purpose for which I ranked him, and that’s good enough for me. I’m fairly certain the upcoming changes will still leave him a very useable champ, so I’m not too concerned.
  • Options

Enigma50 said:

BUT

Sorry, I should clarify that when I say 'Chinese version" I meant their official MCOC page. Not a mock page or anything.
    All good, I figured as much, but I thought I’d clarify for others following the thread 👍
  • Options
    Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited January 2020
    The comp is because they know that no matter what they do or say, people will be upset regardless.
    You can't or at least shouldn't nerf any heroes in a game where people (not me) pay a huge amount of real world money to get a champion and rank them. You can only do straight buffs. Test heroes more before release. If it wasn't like $100 for some catalysts and if it didn't require 20 hours of grind or tons of money spent to get a champion then sure but it's a huge commitment some people make to their rosters so Kabam need tread lightly.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, the situation is clearer now.
    Although I just want to add that they should have made an announcement.
    What they did was acknowledge the changes only after someone found out about it on a Chinese site.
  • Options

The comp is because they know that no matter what they do or say, people will be upset regardless.
    You can't or at least shouldn't nerf any heroes in a game where people (not me) pay a huge amount of real world money to get a champion and rank them. You can only do straight buffs. Test heroes more before release. If it wasn't like $100 for some catalysts and if it didn't require 20 hours of grind or tons of money spent to get a champion then sure but it's a huge commitment some people make to their rosters so Kabam need tread lightly.

Stop using the word nerf. They aren't nerfing anyone. If they can't "nerf" anyone, they shouldn't "buff" anyone either. Also it doesn't matter if you paid money or not, you don't own any champ on your roster, you don't even own your profile. If the game shuts down tomorrow, what amount of money you used would matter?

How would you like them to test heroes more? For how long? No amount of the Dev's testing a champ can replace the amount of data gained from the player base.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Enigma50 said:

That's just silly, how are they trying to be transparent at all? In their announcement they said any champ up for rebalance would be announced prior to entering the basic pool, but Namor was never even announced, mike making little comments in threads isn't an announcement. As I've said before, how can a change be so minor as to not impact a champs performance or desirability yet still be necessary for all this nonsense? It doesn't make sense
    Their first thread wasn't transparent if I am being honest, it was a little to ambitious for the time frame they gave themselves. The community is making this into a bigger issue than it actually is. With youtubers like Prof Hoff who misconstrues every detail to many, many people on here who tried to read between the lines and form a narrative that wasn't ever there. The first announcement bred the "nonsense" you are seeing now. I 100% agree that their first announcement of the changes should have been better. Maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation right now but since the community thinks they know everything or know better, here we are.
This discussion has been closed.