**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss is out... so explain to me why Scarlet Witch is so overpowered?

13»

Comments

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    She's not even close to being the best 4* champ at max sig. Same would be true for a 5*. Don't want or need her. Pre 12.0 I would have killed to get a 5* SW, but now I wouldn't take a 6* sig 200. Her sig ability sucks now, she power drains herself, gives the opponent armor and fury stacks at sig 200. What other champ has a sig ability that can help tbe opponent? I can't think of any.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,720 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Also... who cares about OG SW? It won’t be that much longer until the Disney show will be released and maybe we’ll get a new one that matches the meta of the game. Last thing we need is another champ in the 5* pool that isn’t useful in Act 6 and on...

You're missing the point
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    -sixate- said:

She's not even close to being the best 4* champ at max sig. Same would be true for a 5*. Don't want or need her. Pre 12.0 I would have killed to get a 5* SW, but now I wouldn't take a 6* sig 200. Her sig ability sucks now, she power drains herself, gives the opponent armor and fury stacks at sig 200. What other champ has a sig ability that can help tbe opponent? I can't think of any.

i've argued this before but pre 12.0 switch as a 5* would make ghost look like groot
    _ASDF_ said:

Zuro said:

_ASDF_ said:

Also... who cares about OG SW? It won’t be that much longer until the Disney show will be released and maybe we’ll get a new one that matches the meta of the game. Last thing we need is another champ in the 5* pool that isn’t useful in Act 6 and on...

You're missing the point
    Pretty sure I nailed it. There is no point to this thread. She’s not needed and would add one more unnecessary champ in the pool. Kabam doesn’t want her in it or in it yet and we should all take that as a win. 🤣
    Who are you to say she is not needed though you don't determine who is necessary or not. Not every champ needs to be Top class and even then SW is pretty up there anyways so if anything we are taking a L not a W
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Her trigger % is too low
    Her sp2 doesnt deal more damage compared to actuall high damage dealers
    Her nullify is not better then other nullifiers now
    We cant make her crit everytime now

So what makes her so OP?

If you look at her Abilities individually and compare them to others, it may seem that way. When you combine them all, that makes for an OP Champ. Even if you keep the Stats the same and scale her up, her Base Stats increase, and she becomes more powerful either way. It's not just about "Does X vs. the leading X Champ", it's "Does X + Y + Z +....."
    You clearly aren't at a far stage in the game and do not own any of the top champs. It's absolutely stupid to say that SW is better than these new champs. Reality check... this is 2020 not 2017.
    In my opinion Scarlet Witch as a 5* or 6* champ would be competitive with all of the current top tier champs in the game now. In fact she'd be better on a relative basis than she was in 11.0 in many respects because in 11.0 her strength was primarily in her critical hit procs: today her post-12.0 buffs are not as strong (or rather don't proc as often) but her ability to nullify buffs has only gotten more valuable as higher tier content has continued to increase the use of buffs and game mechanics that rely on buffs.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Her trigger % is too low

So what makes her so OP?

If you look at her Abilities individually and compare them to others, it may seem that way. When you combine them all, that makes for an OP Champ. Even if you keep the Stats the same and scale her up, her Base Stats increase, and she becomes more powerful either way. It's not just about "Does X vs. the leading X Champ", it's "Does X + Y + Z +....."
    You clearly aren't at a far stage in the game and do not own any of the top champs. It's absolutely stupid to say that SW is better than these new champs. Reality check... this is 2020 not 2017.
    In my opinion Scarlet Witch as a 5* or 6* champ would be competitive with all of the current top tier champs in the game now. In fact she'd be better on a relative basis than she was in 11.0 in many respects because in 11.0 her strength was primarily in her critical hit procs: today her post-12.0 buffs are not as strong (or rather don't proc as often) but her ability to nullify buffs has only gotten more valuable as higher tier content has continued to increase the use of buffs and game mechanics that rely on buffs.
    Totally agree. But that does not sound like the definition of being too op. ;)
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

RoninMan said:

Here’s my question. If SW isn’t OP why are people trying to bend heaven and earth to see her added?

Because the mystic class has started to dwindle ever since 2017 and scarlet witch is one of my favorite marvel characters yet I cannot use her in the content I play due to her only being available as a 4* or lower.
    Really? Because Sym, Claire, and Doom would beg to differ.
    Wow 3 good Champs since 2017 how cool
    As opposed to the 10 god tiers of every other class that’s been added since 2017? 3 good mystic champs in 2 years is better than 2 good mystic champs in 3 years.
    RoninMan said:

Zuro said:

RoninMan said:

Here’s my question. If SW isn’t OP why are people trying to bend heaven and earth to see her added?

Because the mystic class has started to dwindle ever since 2017 and scarlet witch is one of my favorite marvel characters yet I cannot use her in the content I play due to her only being available as a 4* or lower.
    Really? Because Sym, Claire, and Doom would beg to differ.
    Wow 3 good Champs since 2017 how cool
    As opposed to the 10 god tiers of every other class that’s been added since 2017? 3 good mystic champs in 2 years is better than 2 good mystic champs in 3 years.
    What?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    arsjum said:

DNA3000 said:

Her trigger % is too low

So what makes her so OP?

Totally agree. But that does not sound like the definition of being too op. ;)
    No, but that's not how being OP is judged. No champion, not even the most wildly OP champions, are necessarily the best champs everywhere: sometimes they aren't even good everywhere. But across the entire game they are simply far better than everything else in critical metrics. Even back in 11.0 a bleed or poison node could have stopped SW dead in her tracks, but that doesn't mean she wasn't too powerful when judged across the entire game. SW would be competitive with what are currently considered the top tier champs in enough places to be considered at least as good as any of them, but on top of that outside of top tier content she simply obliterates way more stuff than most other champs do, even when placed in the hands of average or even below average players.

Theoretically speaking we could make a champ that was undoubtedly only the second or third best champ in every fight so that it never completely dominated everything, but taken as a whole a single champ that was second or third best in literally every single fight everywhere could still be considered OP. It doesn't have to win anywhere to be too powerful in general everywhere.

Incidentally, I'm not saying I am certain 5* SW would be overpowered in the current game. What I can say with certainty is she would immediately be one of the most powerful champions in the game as a 5* or 6* champion and would definitely be very powerful in a much wider range of situations than any other champion I can think of. Whether that skirts the line of OP or catapults completely over it is a separate question. But the idea that she's been made mostly moot with the introduction of newer strong champions is very definitely wrong.
  • MiggaxMiggax Posts: 1
    I swear, if you guys call this "hyping a champion" again, I will make sure that we never release her, because nothing ever compares to the hype you all make up.

That is a very competent statement.... I'm pretty sure you're not playing the game at all... often you have no idea what you talking about... most of all bigger players laughing about you

the only thing you support is that kabam pulls the money out of the players' pockets. you let the players buy champs and then nerf them.
    and that's just one example.

never forget that we pay for your rolls
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    It seems clear that Kabam are still fixed on the opinion Switch would be overpowered as a 5*/6* in her current form.

Whether you agree with them or not, since that's (still) their stated opinion, I thought I'd risk posting a link to a Scarlet Witch re-design I posted in the Champion Improvement Thread last year: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/928613/#Comment_928613

Happy to hear constructive feedback on the design, or I'd love to see someone else having a go at it!
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    If scaling of the sig is the only thing that is the problem, the scaling can be even more penalising at low sig levels. A lot of 5* scale differently than 4*. Some of them have sigs that are slightly better than the 4*, but a lot have the same performance.

I don't believe for a second that SW would be better than Doom, SS or BWCV. Otherwise we would see her more in the mid tier player-base.

Fact is: she can do a lot but randomly, and reliability is really underestimated. If I want to heal, I want it NOW. If I want to power drain, I want it NOW. SW is a loose cannon.