**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Chapter 3 road to the labyrinth round 2

SpicyslicerSpicyslicer Posts: 2,227 ★★★★
I've posted this before I'm posting it again. Frustrating as all heck. If the opponent will not use special 1 or 2 and special 3 is a death sentence how am I supposed to finish it. I don't have five stars... the rating says I'm over 10,000 over the minimum required yes I said 10,000 over. Yet it's still impossible. I now have a well equipped team of 5 4* s rated over 16,000 yet it's not possible with out spending. I know I don't have the perfect team but why even rate my team this high if it's impossible.

And by the time I get to abomination it's over the poison is so off the charts impossible that again without the perfect team I cannot even bother to try it again. I have made over 50 attempts. The ai, the parry, the specials, all broken.... yet I look at this and see I. Over 10,000k over the suggested minimum.

I have 3 bleeders, one immune to bleed and one stunner and it's not working at all. It's not me I know now as I have finished and beaten much more than this. It's the buffs they have. Yet there are no buffs I can even purchase to get me over this. Only getting 20 more t4 cats will help and that's months if not years away.

Why would you make a level that's impossible,without a perfect team in need of rng blessings. Nothing o can do will get me over this hump without 2 perfect 4 or 5 star champs that may or not ever come....

It's senseless to me unless this is by design....

Is it by design?

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    No you just aren't planning properly or you're just missing a key champ or two.

If I remember correctly, I used Vision (AOU) and Wolverine (both 4/40 4*) for most of the fights in chapter 3. Maybe a mutant critical hit team, so Wolverine could cause more bleed.

If you're having trouble with it, it's because you aren't ready for it. And where did you get that you need 20 T4 Catalysts?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I beat all of chapter 3 before I had any r5 champs. I think I used bleeders for safeguard and then vision for poison immune. I also checked the nodes and there aren't any all or nothing. Not really sure what the issue is you are having without more explanation. the fact that you don't list a poison immune champ tells me you don't have at least one champ you must have--a poison immune champ.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Everything in the game has it's time for each person. If everyone completed everything at the same time they would be rushed to make new content.
    How much content have you cleared in story at this point? You have to have solid power control champs for chapter 4 as well. A lot of end game content is all about having hebright types of champ
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I've worked on fast twitch skill, parry skills and now,I just have to hope for a poison immune champ because that's all that matters in the end here .... bummed out

Basically, yes. That is part of the game: collecting champions with different strengths that will help with different content. That is a central part of the game.

And it is not like you need to get astronomically lucky to get a poison immune champ. Off the top of my head there's Hulk (every version including She-Hulk), Captain Marvel (and Ms Marvel), Hyperion, the robots (Ultron and both Visions), Abomination, Black Bolt, Dormammu and I'm pretty sure Kamala is poison immune as well. That's over a dozen poison immune champs. Oops, forgot the immunity king: Iceman.

On top of that, if you are fighting Abomination there are other alternatives. You can use defensive ability reduction on him: Black Widow, Elektra, Gwenpool, and Crossbones can work here. Black Widow and Crossbones especially because they don't bleed. Crossbones is also good to bypass Safeguard and can backpedal for immediate fury stacks. You can use Rogue as she shakes off poison 70% faster and can heal back the poison damage. You can use odd combo Voodoo.

My guess is that there's a valid strategy for taking on RttL Abomination with about 20% of all the champs in the game. And maybe you might need a potion or two or even more, but you can stockpile those if you don't have an optimal roster. That's what I did and I don't even remember how many potions I used to complete RttL: more than I could count to be honest. But if you pace yourself you don't have to pay for any of them.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

My guess is that there's a valid strategy for taking on RttL Abomination with about 20% of all the champs in the game. And maybe you might need a potion or two or even more, but you can stockpile those if you don't have an optimal roster. That's what I did and I don't even remember how many potions I used to complete RttL: more than I could count to be honest. But if you pace yourself you don't have to pay for any of them.

I know I didn't use potions in chapter 3. I made it to chapter 4.3 with basically using r4 x23 for non-atoms. But I couldn't get past 4.3 spite without potions so I stopped. Then later I bought the mystic awakening deal and switc with crit team (crossbones, falcon, bw, vision) destroyed rtl. I think I used maybe 3 revives the whole last 4 chapters. 1 against switch in 4.6 bc I didn't realize that I could have used crossbones to avoid poison from switch chaos magik (bc he doesn't crit). 1 against thanos using crossbones bc I got cocky with like 2 combos left on him. And I'm sure I revived somewhere else in those chapters. Switch was just so dominant
  • Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    Too bad you don't have 4* star ms marvel; her poison immune is really helpful
  • Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    edited August 2017
    I did it and I didn't have 5/50 I did have a 4/40 yellowjacket to counter safeguard
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    This entire chapter isn't about how strong your team is, it's about who you have on your team. You need to have champs that counter safeguard effectively. Nightcrawler, Blackwidow, Crossbones etc. Look it up. I was able to take down the scarlet witch with my 3* crossbones. And I used a 3* black widow, and my 4* NC for the rest. but just as a fair warning, The next chapter is even harder and is arguably the third toughest piece of content in the game below Act 5 and Lab.Of.Legends
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    What this tells me is that without luck in the rng to pull the characters it's not possible. Which is stinky to me. I have some really solid characters but none poison immune to get over the hump. So until I get lucky skill is irrelevant which makes me wonder what this game is about if skill cannot win .

It has nothing to do with having a high ranked team. You have to be willing to use the right champs. A 4/40 duped 3* Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel would demolish that Abom if you have any parry and dexterity skills. A 4/40 duped 3* Hawkeye would be a great power drain choice to help you too. O pick a 3* duped Vision AOU and he can carry you through too.

I ran most of RttL using a duped max sig 4/40 3* SW. It's possible.
  • KingOfMcocKingOfMcoc Posts: 102
    Pacify, star Lord is your answer
  • What i really Cant understand is even if i choose the right champions my damage i give when i use for example my special 3 is almost nothing comparing to my enemies...i have no hits and with 2 special 3 hits from them i am out while my special 3 hit make only a 10% damage something that it is not natural.... Not at least in any other stories or arenas...
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★

What i really Cant understand is even if i choose the right champions my damage i give when i use for example my special 3 is almost nothing comparing to my enemies...i have no hits and with 2 special 3 hits from them i am out while my special 3 hit make only a 10% damage something that it is not natural.... Not at least in any other stories or arenas...

Safeguard you need to understand the. Game mate
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    I used to be like you before I got quake
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

I've posted this before I'm posting it again. Frustrating as all heck. If the opponent will not use special 1 or 2 and special 3 is a death sentence how am I supposed to finish it. I don't have five stars... the rating says I'm over 10,000 over the minimum required yes I said 10,000 over. Yet it's still impossible. I now have a well equipped team of 5 4* s rated over 16,000 yet it's not possible with out spending. I know I don't have the perfect team but why even rate my team this high if it's impossible.

And by the time I get to abomination it's over the poison is so off the charts impossible that again without the perfect team I cannot even bother to try it again. I have made over 50 attempts. The ai, the parry, the specials, all broken.... yet I look at this and see I. Over 10,000k over the suggested minimum.

I have 3 bleeders, one immune to bleed and one stunner and it's not working at all. It's not me I know now as I have finished and beaten much more than this. It's the buffs they have. Yet there are no buffs I can even purchase to get me over this. Only getting 20 more t4 cats will help and that's months if not years away.

Why would you make a level that's impossible,without a perfect team in need of rng blessings. Nothing o can do will get me over this hump without 2 perfect 4 or 5 star champs that may or not ever come....

It's senseless to me unless this is by design....

Is it by design?

Post your champs and roster ... than we can make reasonable suggestions ;)
    So I took another look at RttL 3.2 to recall what the difficulty was ..

Uh, as a F2P player myself .. (I joined a long time ago, before masteries .. and only recently became uncollected) ... so my progress is anything but "fast" ;)

Anyway, to be bluntly honest ... if you can't handly the ~4k PI champs on that quest with your roster, than you are simply not ready to clear that content yet.
    Seriously, it only gets REALLY hard after that ...

Continue with other content for a while, get more practice, grow your roster, then come back and try again ... ;)
    It's not going anywhere, it's permanent content that will always be available. :)

I finally finished RttL, Chpt 4 .. only because I acquired, and ranked up:
    5* Ghost
    5* Iceman
    4* Cpt. America (IW)
    .. among others.

Build your roster, give it time, you'll get a good champ or two eventually .. ;)
  • Practice,practice,practice and chapter 3 could be done with 4 40 just need the skills to do so
  • I would assume the OP has completed this by now (or given up) as the post is from August 2017. However, @RaistlinMajere who are you bringing? Safeguard is for sure a pain. DOT Debuff damage is great for bypassing this. You said you have Bleeders, but there's other options. So if you could post some screenshots of your roster, perhaps more ideas can be given to assist getting you past this.

Just wait til you hit the end of Chapter 4 with the Debuff Immune/Safeguard Rhino. That was a whole lot of fun, lol. 5* R4 Blade with DS synergy took about 130 hits to drop that pain in the rear. The difficulty increases quite a bit between Chapters 3 and 4 of RttL. So if you hit a wall, don't be surprised. The other option is backburner it until you get some solid hard hitters, and be ready for long fights when it comes to Safeguard.

I would assume the OP has completed this by now (or given up) as the post is from August 2017.

LOL .. good call, I didn't even notice that ... hehe
    "necro-thread" ... *sigh*