**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is Kabam sending me this message?

I could not have used the exploit even if I tried... I 100% the monthly event quest weeks ago.. please tell me there is a way to verify this? @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike

PS... I posted this in "bugs and known issues" as well but I know it will get more attention here. Another person is also reporting they got this message. I would like someone to answer what is going on here.mpa9340c46ub.png

Comments

• Options
    JpmdocJpmdoc Posts: 13
    edited August 2017
    At least you were given the benefit of the doubt! Clarity around how they determine egregious use is a nessesity at this point! Kinda feels like there throwing darts!
  • Options
    Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    I'm very paranoid they will try to strip my monthly quest rewards because of some error in the system.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    The exploit was not specific to the difficulty level. You may have been playing in beginner or normal during the time it happened. Even if you unknowingly benefited from the bug they still have a responsibility to inform you that they will be removing the items from your account. They also cannot personalize every message they send out so it is generic and all encompassing as they could make it, Not everything will apply to you.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    The exploit was not specific to the difficulty level. You may have been playing in beginner or normal during the time it happened. Even if you unknowingly benefited from the bug they still have a responsibility to inform you that they will be removing the items from your account. They also cannot personalize every message they send out so it is generic and all encompassing as they could make it, Not everything will apply to you.

Again.. I 100% the monthly weeks ago.. I've only re run any of it for completion events. Even if I tried I could not benefit from the exploit in any way. Outside of quest ISO, I did not get any rewards after I 100% the monthly.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    A solo completion event was running the same time as the bug. Could you had just been running it at that time for the points and just did not notice. I would not have since I just quickly click through all rewards.
  • Options
    Jkw634 wrote: »
    A solo completion event was running the same time as the bug. Could you had just been running it at that time for the points and just did not notice. I would not have since I just quickly click through all rewards.

No.. I knew about the exploit and was curious about exactly that.. I am 100% positive all I got was iso.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Rerunning it during that time is probably what did it
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Rerunning it during that time is probably what did it

I hope you are right but I need to hear from Kabam.. I recently opened a 5* crystal and it duped my x23... this is why I am highly paranoid right now.
  • Options
    Kk was hard to believe someone went through every difficulty of the EQ within a couple weeks when it takes about 18 days worth of energy to do that. Figured that maybe you might have thought the bug was only applicable to heroic/master. Maybe you were running dailies and they were also subject to the bug?
  • Options
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    I'm very paranoid they will try to strip my monthly quest rewards because of some error in the system.

Cross that bridge if you come to it.
  • Options
    ScudhawkScudhawk Posts: 2
    edited August 2017
    I got this message too and it is upsetting since Ive never cheated or exploited anything. I play this game daily and play hard. this message rubs me the wrong way.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Kk was hard to believe someone went through every difficulty of the EQ within a couple weeks when it takes about 18 days worth of energy to do that. Figured that maybe you might have thought the bug was only applicable to heroic/master. Maybe you were running dailies and they were also subject to the bug?

I always use energy refills to complete master mode between AQ's... I've finished the monthly with at least 2 weeks remaining every month since I started completing master
  • Options
    Scudhawk wrote: »
    I got this message too and it is upsetting since Ive never cheated or exploited anything. I play this game daily and play hard. this message rubs me the wrong way.

You make 3 people including myself to say that now.. Kabam really needs to say something. Thank you for posting.
  • Options
    SerjogaSerjoga Posts: 1
    I also get that stupid email. Heroic and master completed long before that bug.
  • Options
    Imac7065 wrote: »

I always use energy refills to complete master mode between AQ's... I've finished the monthly with at least 2 weeks remaining every month since I started completing master

Check those guys' post numbers....it's their job. you don't need to answer their posts....
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    For some of my alliance members...no idea why this didn't apply to everybody...even if they had already fully explored both heroic and master, they received full master exploration rewards while trying to complete the normal difficulty.

Since most of us are holding onto our shards until the "better" champs are added, Kabam simply deducted whatever extra shards they got from their current balance and that was the end of it; no harm to them, mostly went unnoticed to be honest.

Now for your situations, that's an interesting issue...say you started with 9100 five* shards and you did only one run, so you got an extra set of shards, say 900 for the sake of this discussion, which gives you enough to open one crystal. So you open the crystal and now you zero shards. According to their announcement, it sounds like unless you have enough shards for them to deduct, they may reverse your opening and give you back what you started with and take back what you mistakenly received.

I could be completely wrong, hopefully so in your case.
  • Options
    I got that message earlier today and I am pissed because I've done nothing but play this game as I normally would. I've done nothing different on my secondary account and isn't get the message there. I've only completed the quest at heroic, haven't touched beginner or normal, and am 2 runs away from completing master.
    This is beyond irritating because I'm not a cheater and have out so much time into his game with both accounts. This generalized message isn't working for me and I need to know what the hell I'm being accused of.
  • Options
    I got the email too!! I didn't even know about this exploit!! I completed my heroic and master 2 weeks ago!
  • Options
    WNS1980WNS1980 Posts: 13
    edited August 2017
    I recieved this mesaage too but i didnt do any run throughs either. I have recently completed a lot of end game content like act 4 and RoL amd have T4BC saved for when i do the Archangel arena i'm worried Kabam are gonna remove these items... can someone from Kabam clarify if the accusationa can be backed up with ecactly what items or rewards we are supposed to have received through the exploit so we can either make a defense or explain where our inventory items came from? @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @Ad0ra_ @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    I am glad to see that others are just as mad as I am. Never accuse anyone of cheating or exploitation when it is your fault "Kabam"!! I have played this game for a long time and do not appreciate the insult.
  • Options
    mcofnycmcofnyc Posts: 28
    I also got the mail and have never received extra rewards, only got the ones I should have. Extremely frustrating!
  • Options
    K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Kk was hard to believe someone went through every difficulty of the EQ within a couple weeks when it takes about 18 days worth of energy to do that.

You must be frigging kidding...
    Thousands of people complete the Event Quest entirely in a weekend...Thousands more people complete it over the course of the 3 day Quest Completion event.
  • Options
    AshyKnucklesAshyKnuckles Posts: 132
    I also received the message. I have only completed heroic about a week ago.. Haven't touched normal medium or master.. I work all day and don't have time to sit around and rerun paths I've already explored when I play at night.. If they take away rewards that I didn't even get I'm gonna be pissed.. I was gonna blow some cash and buy that Sig stone deal going on now.. Not anymore..
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Kk was hard to believe someone went through every difficulty of the EQ within a couple weeks when it takes about 18 days worth of energy to do that.

You must be frigging kidding...
    Thousands of people complete the Event Quest entirely in a weekend...Thousands more people complete it over the course of the 3 day Quest Completion event.

The only way to do that is to burn a lot of energy refills. It is possible that one of the triggers for their player checks was someone burning refills to run lower difficulty than master on the assumption that is not a common occurrence outside of a master run.

In the past (in other games) I've seen this type of process go awry where some people are given warnings because of a glitch in the database queries they execute to find exploiters, or errant logic in how they identify those players. For complex reasons I've discussed elsewhere, there are a lot of opportunities for this to go wrong in any MMO.