**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hoarding battlechips

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
I usually dont hoard battlechips but lately ive been stacking my unit bank as much as possible so i wanted to get a bunch of bcs to pop one day. Im at sround 250k battlechips. anyone else stockpile these and if so whats been your typical return on units or gold when opening a massive stack?

Comments

• Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I rarely hoard battlechips The best i got so far was 95 and 45 units
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    I usually save/get them to 1 or 2 million. Units vary from 1500 to 3000 from 1 mil battlechips. Gold.....no idea, don’t pay enough attention to that when I open the arena crystals.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    On average, you get about 2 gold per battlechip, with ~100 units per 100,000 battlechips. If you’re into conspiracies, wait until you have no more gold before opening them to get more units.
  • Options
    GrieferMadnessGrieferMadness Posts: 109
    Save a proper hoard until the next gold boost event (the only one last year was in December). I had a stack of 2m BC by that time. I think DNA3000 had around 10m based on the data he posted about arena crystal pull rates.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,266 ★★★★★
    I'm a hoarder, usually keep around 5M chips in my stash. I used just over 2M last year to get vision and his dupe. Got back to 5M, then finally switched over to suicide masteries, which took almost 2M chips again. I'm f2p, btw, so battlechips are like my true game currency when I need it!
  • Options
    Here’s the thread by DNA when he did an analysis.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/173631/arena-crystal-drop-odds-analysis#latest

Basically (on average, over a large sample) about 35 Units per 10x normal BC Crystals, and about 175 Units per 10x Uncollected BC Crystals (5x the Rewards because costs 5x more).

Of course, any single 10x opening won’t yield either of those 2 numbers exactly because the 2 different quantities of Units that are available (in each of the 2 versions, so 4 different Units values in all are possible across both types of crystals) can’t add up to those average amounts exactly.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    A enrage units are 1.5-2k per million, although I got super lucky and got 825 in 70k bc yesterday so it varies
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    I've started hoarding them since the first of the year waiting to open them until next years gifting event. However, based on what happened in this last years event that may be all for nothing. I'll still probably save them until then and open them all. I'm hoping to average 100,000 - 150,000 battle chips a week to get to 5.5 million to 7.5 million when it's all said and done. I'm up to 600,000 so far.