**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is the 5 star pool TRASH for begginers

2»

Comments

• FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    What about the other 6%?
  • PlinkoPlinko Posts: 173 ★★
    It's a mixed bag for sure. I bought a 5 deal earlier last year when I only had a few 4s even. My first was thing and I thought he was a bad pull because I was new and didn't play that much yet. When I learned what I had he quickly became my favorite and go to.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Smashing said:

Technically this game is designed to give you exactly what you don’t need. In the past three months I’ve taken note of kabam’s algorithm and can predict with 94% accuracy the results from each crystal based on what you need and what you don’t. Drop rates are a farce and crystal luck is just crystal luck. Think I’m lying? Before you open your next crystal, e.g. AG, Class Catalysts, Champion crystals take a look at your inventory and keep note of the resources you have a lot of, and also take a look at the resources you actually need. 8/10 you will pull what you don’t need over what is actually important for your progression in game. What does this mean?
    For example, you need a skill tier catalyst but you happen to have 10/12 mutant , 8/12 tech, 3/12 mystic and 5/12 science, however your top champ is a skill champ and need an upgrade 8/10 you’ll either get a mutant catalyst or anything but skill.

2nd example. You have 9800 5 star shards and have a ton of 4 star champs, you happen to have an opportunity to get a fully formed 4 star crystal, and you open the crystal hoping to get a dupe, 10/10 you would get a new champ from that crystal instead of getting the dupe that gives you an opportunity to get 275 5 star shards for a fully formed five star.

What am I saying here, this game is designed to get you to spend or grind to get what you want, but most times you’ll get exactly what you don’t want. Make it a habit of looking at your inventory before you open crystals and you’ll see the rigged mechanics behind what you get from every crystal. In this case the only way to beat the game is to hoard 5 crystals and open them at once. At that point you stand a better chance of getting one of the resources or champs that would help your progress in the game.

The algorithm is rigged to encourage you to spend. This is the new reality for all players.

You have to assume that they are flat out lying about drop rates for this to be true. This is a serious allegation as they are charging people real money and, according to you, selling them something under false pretenses. This would also mean that former employees that are in a position to know about the conspiracy never blow the whistle on the lie. I've pulled exactly what I need at times, and what I had a surplus of at other times. It's RNG man. There is no conspiracy. You think you are seeing the rigged mechanics but all you see is confirmation bias. Cheers.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The idea that the crystals are sophisticated enough to realize that you are close to a 5* and give you a new 4* instead of a dupe is actually crazy.
  • Smashing said:

Technically this game is designed to give you exactly what you don’t need. In the past three months I’ve taken note of kabam’s algorithm and can predict with 94% accuracy the results from each crystal based on what you need and what you don’t.

I'll take that bet right now. In fact, I'll take two bets. I'll bet you can't guess my crystal openings before I actually open them, and I'll bet double or nothing you can't even guess what I need based on my roster. If you can't guess what I need, your notion that the game can both figure out what I need and also rig the crystals to not give me that would be impossible to prove, since you'd have no way to check your predictions.

I actually literally laughed out loud when I read this, then literally printed it out to show my engineers:
    Smashing said:

For example, you need a skill tier catalyst but you happen to have 10/12 mutant , 8/12 tech, 3/12 mystic and 5/12 science, however your top champ is a skill champ and need an upgrade 8/10 you’ll either get a mutant catalyst or anything but skill.

The odds of getting "anything but skill" when you're opening a catalyst crystal is 5 out of 6, or 83%. You're saying the game is rigging the crystal so the odds are actually 8 out of 10, or 80%.

So your assertion is the game is cheating you out of a three percentage point chance to get the class you want, and furthermore you can tell the difference between 80% and 83% by just watching a few crystals. The fact that you actually think you can do that is probably why you see conspiracies everywhere.
  • The idea that the crystals are sophisticated enough to realize that you are close to a 5* and give you a new 4* instead of a dupe is actually crazy.

The sad part is that I *wish* the game did that. I mean, I would instantly fill out my 4* roster and never have gaps, ever. And of course once it did in fact give me one of everything, all other openings would have to be dups anyway.

Maybe the game *knows* I wish I had all the champs, and so *deliberately* turns off the algorithms when I spin crystals. So all I have to do is get my dog to spin my crystals for me, and the algorithm would flip back on and I would get all the 4* champs I'm missing.

The only flaw in this plan is the fact that I currently don't own a dog.

Seriously though, some people want dups and some people want every champ and there's no way the game could possibly know which were which. It wouldn't be hard for me to program a lootbox that would skew towards dups when the fragment inventory was near completion - the game currently uses that data to trigger those annoying offers. The real problem is there's no way to program the game to avoid giving people what they want, when everyone wants something different. The idea that everyone plays the game the same way and everyone wants the same things, or at least the vast majority of players are exactly like me, is part of the ludicrous nature of most crystal conspiracies.
  • One of my engineers just pointed out to me this conspiracy theory is worse than I first thought. I said this theory purports to claim that the game cheats players out of a three percentage chance to get the class they want. It actually does the reverse. If the game were to rig the crystal so there was an 8 out of 10 chance to get any of the classes you don’t want, it would then have a 20% chance to drop the class you do want. But the actual random chance is 16.7%, which is lower. So this conspiracy theory is actually claiming that the game gives you a *better* chance to get what you want than random chance.

That would seem to be a counter productive conspiracy.
  • SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    The 5 star pool nowadays is pretty good back in early 2017 the only good viable unawakened champ was magik,the 5 star roster back then was tragic.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Beginner here. I just started 2 weeks ago and I haven't got a good 5* pull yet (Iron Fist and Venompool so far) but I'm fine with it and I won't complain. They are sometimes usable since I'm only at Act 4. Also, upgrading 5* isn't affordable in my case yet so I'm building a good 4* roster first to clear contents.

So far so good.

Stealthy 4* R3
    Duped Iceman 4* R4
    Havok 4* R4
    Red Skull 4* R3
    Ghost Rider 4* R2

• lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    I just got my fifth 5 star and guess what!
    DIABLO!! :'(:'(:'(

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Beginner here. I just started 2 weeks ago and I haven't got a good 5* pull yet (Iron Fist and Venompool so far) but I'm fine with it and I won't complain. They are sometimes usable since I'm only at Act 4. Also, upgrading 5* isn't affordable in my case yet so I'm building a good 4* roster first to clear contents.

So far so good.

Stealthy 4* R3
    Duped Iceman 4* R4
    Havok 4* R4
    Red Skull 4* R3
    Ghost Rider 4* R2

You started 2 weeks ago and you have 2 already?
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    My first 5* was Omega Red, then came Nightcrawler and Iron Patriot. From then on, I just kept getting beyond god and god tiers lol (Magik, Thing, Void, CMM, AA, etc) within my first 10 to 15. Rn I have more gods than memes

I just wanted to show off bwahaha >:)
  • We're closing this down because conspiracy theories are not allowed on the forums about the game. Thanks to those who tried to reply and settle it.
This discussion has been closed.