**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Should be an interesting crossover.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Hope it’s true. Rogue is one of my favorite x-men and one of my favorites in game as well.
  • Options
    I think it's a pretty safe source. It's not the Onion or anything. Lol. I'm psyched. My big issue is consistency. They have to use Anna Paquin. Nothing drives me more crazy than things like that. Lol. Wonder if the game will release something alongside it. Perhaps a crossover Quest?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Show us on the big screen how she gets her powers.
  • Options
    CrispyCrispy Posts: 85
    I’d love to see continuity , but I’d bet they recast. I’m still holding out hope that they’ll make another Wolverine with the x23 actress. She was phenomenal for her age.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Show us on the big screen how she gets her powers.

But she's a mutant. Stan Lee created mutants to lessen the burden of origin stories.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★

I think it's a pretty safe source. It's not the Onion or anything. Lol. I'm psyched. My big issue is consistency. They have to use Anna Paquin. Nothing drives me more crazy than things like that. Lol. Wonder if the game will release something alongside it. Perhaps a crossover Quest?

Rogue being one of my all time favorite Marvel characters, recasting Anna Paquin, or pretty much any of the foX-Men, would be such a disappointment for me. My hopes are so high that the X-Men in the MCU will be much more true to the characters from the old comics and animated series.

Ive wanted the X-Men to get the same treatment as the other MCU characters for so long, I really hope they can do Rogue justice.

• Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    phil56201 said:

As much as I love the character that you mentioned and as much as I'd love them to join the MCU, I feel like CM 2 isn't the right place for that.

This is probably gonna be a controversial opinion, but CM is a big dumpster fire of a character and her first movie was arguably the worst MCU movie (at least for me).

- She doesn't have any proper motivations, why is she a hero? Why does she go out of her way to help people?
    - She's literally one mistake away from becoming a Mary Sue, she has absolutely no personality, no relatable or redeeming qualities.
    - She's way too overpowered and there are no creative ways in which her powers were used.

I want CM 2 to focus on these things, to make an already existing character better. Shoehorning another character in (such a major one at that) wouldn't leave much room for CM's own development.

The character you mentioned should get their own Disney+ series in my opinion, that would be amazing.

But Rogue's origins are so intertwined with Carol Danvers, it would be a waste NOT to introduce Rogue this way. I agree, CM as a character falls pretty flat for me as well, but if they stay true to the source material, Rogue puts Danvers into a coma after permanently absorbing her powers and psyche, so we could be done with her after that lol
    Marvel isn't gonna bench the academy award winning star of the first female led billion dollar superhero movie in the MCU in her second movie. Don't be delusional. You may not have liked the movie but a lot of people did.

To the OP: This isn't a reliable source and is clickbait at best. There's no leaks about CM2 beyond the hints in the Far From Home post credits and some tie in rumors to a secret invasion Disney Plus series. They already said they're not touching mutants again for a long time. And to relay back to the last comment, they're not gonna shoehorn in Rogue into CM2 just to bench Brie Larson because some guys on the internet didn't like her comments. If you want some better sources and a good place to debunk stuff like this, maybe check out the marvel studios spoilers subreddit, or even the marvel studios sub.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Nick_Caine_32 A website is not a reliable source but Reddit is? Sorry, but anyone can post anything on Reddit. I'm not saying this website is much better but u can't say Reddit is a reliable source for factual information.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★

....wait....The Onion is not a safe source for news and information?
    :)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Neotwism said:

@Nick_Caine_32 A website is not a reliable source but Reddit is? Sorry, but anyone can post anything on Reddit. I'm not saying this website is much better but u can't say Reddit is a reliable source for factual information.

I think you were trying to be sarcastic but the subreddit I mentioned filters out the worst offenders, one of which is what OP was referring to. There's quite a few sources and publications that are blocked from posting there. As with any rumors or spoilers there's always a degree of guessing and verification, but the moderators there try really hard to make it known what is just clickbait garbage. Anything shared from We Got This Covered is that.

Reddit is the community talking about the topic, the sub shares stories that get verified or debunked. At least with really out there things that have no basis in rumor at the time they get deleted.

nutshell: Anyone with any knowledge in the spoiler and rumor community knows WGTC is the worst, if not one of the worst, offenders of fake MCU news out there. They spew 12 stories a day and see what sticks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★
    It's all a crock until Marvel announces stuff.

And anyone who thinks they won't recast the X-Men or the Fantastic 4 is deluding themselves. They recast Hulk characters for the MCU, they recast Spidey characters for the MCU. They've even recast *their own* characters.
  • Options
    I didn't say they wouldn't. I said I hope they don't.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    And they quote a youtube discussion channel as their source for the article, and I'm pretty sure you can guess where that youtube channel got their story from...when it was originally posted on WGTC.

None of those sources are verified on any reputable marvel/mcu site and would get deleted from the subreddit instantly. See, there's a pretty long history of certain sites either farming out clickbait and never having anything come true, like this, and there's actual good sources and sites that have a great track record. Charles Murphy is one of the best out there if you don't follow him. And none of this has been on ANY radar of anyone plugged into the MCU universe and news.

Also I would not get your hopes up about Anna Paquin coming back. She's 37 years old now (they will want younger to keep for a long contract) and her portrayal was widely panned by comic and wider marvel fans. Not even her fault, just badly written and depowered, nothing like the animated portrayal that's still so popular. I mean this game used the 90s cartoon version! They're not bringing them back, they will recast everyone. MAYBE they do a multiverse nod to the fox movies or use it to introduce the new mutant incarnations to the MCU, but yeah...that's not happening and it's as unlikely as Rogue being the villain in CM2. All signs (even the skrulls/kree from the first movie and FFH post credits) are pointing toward a version of Secret Invasion/Secret Wars for the MCU. An actual verifiable rumor that is making the rounds is Disney plus series about secret invasion/agents of SWORD that would tie into CM2.

Nothing about mutants or Rogue.

Just trying to debunk here...wish more sites and people did the same
  • Options

It's all a crock until Marvel announces stuff.

And anyone who thinks they won't recast the X-Men or the Fantastic 4 is deluding themselves. They recast Hulk characters for the MCU, they recast Spidey characters for the MCU. They've even recast *their own* characters.

It's really not "all a crock until they announce it" as there's a verifiable treasure trove of scoops and projects that were leaked accurately before Marvel officially announced anything so far. Maybe you don't follow all of the discussion or places where it happens and gets leaked, but it's happened quite a lot for the MCU. Down to full plot leaks that are 100% spot on.

You're correct in the recasting thing tho. We might get a glimpse of the alternate universe that will be all the Fox stuff in the past, when we get the multiverse of madness adventure next year...but the new versions of whatever the Xmen will be in the MCU will be all new casts. Except deadpool and maybe a few of the supporting who were in his movies.
  • Options
    I suppose we'll have to wait to see either way. I love the idea, personally.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    anna paquin is the worst rogue in history
  • Options

anna paquin is the worst rogue in history

She's also the best, considering she's been the only one in cinema.
  • Options

As much as I love the character that you mentioned and as much as I'd love them to join the MCU, I feel like CM 2 isn't the right place for that.

This is probably gonna be a controversial opinion, but CM is a big dumpster fire of a character and her first movie was arguably the worst MCU movie (at least for me).

- She doesn't have any proper motivations, why is she a hero? Why does she go out of her way to help people?
    - She's literally one mistake away from becoming a Mary Sue, she has absolutely no personality, no relatable or redeeming qualities.
    - She's way too overpowered and there are no creative ways in which her powers were used.

I want CM 2 to focus on these things, to make an already existing character better. Shoehorning another character in (such a major one at that) wouldn't leave much room for CM's own development.

The character you mentioned should get their own Disney+ series in my opinion, that would be amazing.

Worse than any of the Thor movies (not including Ragnorok)?
  • Options
    phil56201 said:

Rogue being one of my all time favorite Marvel characters, recasting Anna Paquin, or pretty much any of the foX-Men, would be such a disappointment for me. My hopes are so high that the X-Men in the MCU will be much more true to the characters from the old comics and animated series.

Ive wanted the X-Men to get the same treatment as the other MCU characters for so long, I really hope they can do Rogue justice.

I agree on this. The way they have done the x-men movies and first class and blah blah, I wouldn't want to see the same actors. I mean, I also don't want to see anyone be wolverine besides Jackman as well. They will most likely get new actors to play them and have a new introduction to fit in with the mcu, keeping that universe separate.
  • Options

phil56201 said:

I agree on this. The way they have done the x-men movies and first class and blah blah, I wouldn't want to see the same actors. I mean, I also don't want to see anyone be wolverine besides Jackman as well. They will most likely get new actors to play them and have a new introduction to fit in with the mcu, keeping that universe separate.
    Jackman is getting a little long in the tooth.
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★

phil56201 said:

But Rogue's origins are so intertwined with Carol Danvers, it would be a waste NOT to introduce Rogue this way. I agree, CM as a character falls pretty flat for me as well, but if they stay true to the source material, Rogue puts Danvers into a coma after permanently absorbing her powers and psyche, so we could be done with her after that lol
    Marvel isn't gonna bench the academy award winning star of the first female led billion dollar superhero movie in the MCU in her second movie. Don't be delusional. You may not have liked the movie but a lot of people did.
    Oh geeze. I was being sarcastic. Hence the lol. Wow. "Don't be delusional" lol More like wishful thinking.

• Options
    Here's the only thing Marvel has definitively said, that there won't be a legitimate 'X-Men' movie for sometime. On the flipside, much like how they built up to the Avengers, they more than likely will be slowly introducing various characters in other movies. Only this year will Black Widow get her 1st solo outing. She was originally introduced in Iron Man 2, just for perspective in regards to prior work in the MCU. I've heard from a number of sources that Rogue will make her debut in Captain Marvel 2.

It makes sense if they're looking to build up Mutants in the MCU to slowly introduce them in preestablished titles. Rogue is tied to Carol Danvers in the comics so I can see this being a possibility. They likely won't bury Danvers with Rogue absorbing her powers, but that doesn't mean something like that won't happen. They change the stories slightly as they go and use the source material for inspiration.

This movie is a couple years off yet so to me, the inclusion of Rogue fits the timeline. However, I sincerely doubt we'll see Anna Paquin again. Marvel Studios has their casting team and they've done a phenomenal job overall. So I trust they'll find a solid actress for Rogue. Not one casting decision has been a disappointment in my eyes from Marvel Studios.

There's only 1 actor that's been confirmed to retain their role from the Fox X-Universe and that's Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool. Rumors swirled that Marvel Studios tried to get Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman back for Professor X and Wolverine. I just doubt either would do it again after Logan. Beyond Reynolds, I wouldn't hold your breath on any of the previous actors/actresses returning to their roles as the X-Men once they're all introduced into rhe MCU.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,814 ★★★★★

Rumors swirled that Marvel Studios tried to get Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman back for Professor X and Wolverine.

Rumours have also swirled their going to cast someone "ethnic" (IE non-White) for Xavier and Magneto and that Magneto's going to be benched because he's been used (overused, you ask me) so much in the movies.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    @Sundance_2099 I've heard that too and I really hope it's not true. Changing Chuck and Mags will ruin their origin stories. If u take away Mags being a Jewish holocaust survivor it changes the whole character. I realize the age problem in modern times but they can get around that relatively easy. I just can't see changing both characters working. They need to get this right. If the first xmen film in the mcu flops they can't really go back and have a do-over.
  • Options
    Neotwism said:

@Sundance_2099 I've heard that too and I really hope it's not true. Changing Chuck and Mags will ruin their origin stories. If u take away Mags being a Jewish holocaust survivor it changes the whole character. I realize the age problem in modern times but they can get around that relatively easy. I just can't see changing both characters working. They need to get this right. If the first xmen film in the mcu flops they can't really go back and have a do-over.

Jewish people can be Ethnic. JS.