**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help using Ghost

Everybody says she's awesome, i don't see it. Obviously I'm not using her correctly. Show me how to use her, please

Comments

• SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    One word: “YouTube”
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,355 ★★★★
    Step 1: Phase (If duped she starts the fight phased, if not you need to dash back)
    Step 2: Let them attack you - while you're phased the attacks will all miss
    Step 3: Carefully time a retaliation after one or more attacks into you (this is the tricky part, very easy to mistime it and either hit into a block or get intercepted)
    Step 4: Don't complete the combo
    Step 5: Phase again. Repeat Steps 2-4 until you build up L2
    Step 6: Phase and use your L2 Special - if you have Wasp this is REALLY Easy because it's unblockable, if you don't then you need to pause slightly before phasing and try to carefully phase WHILE the are attacking you, the phasing ensures the attack misses and immediately using the special means you'll nab the intercept with it

It takes a while, I'm still working on the timing and when to do what, plus the AI can sometimes be a real ****
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 896 ★★★
    Train yourself to use right hand to dash back/phase

That’s it
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,800 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

Step 1: Phase (If duped she starts the fight phased, if not you need to dash back)
    Step 3: Carefully time a retaliation after one or more attacks into you (this is the tricky part, very easy to mistime it and either hit into a block or get intercepted)
    Step 6: Phase and use your L2 Special - if you have Wasp this is REALLY Easy because it's unblockable, if you don't then you need to pause slightly before phasing and try to carefully phase WHILE the are attacking you, the phasing ensures the attack misses and immediately using the special means you'll nab the intercept with it

It takes a while, I'm still working on the timing and when to do what, plus the AI can sometimes be a real ****

Yes but thats only with wasp, without her it becomes much more difficult to make the sp2 crit consistantly
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,484 ★★★★★
    Nitro422 said:

Everybody says she's awesome, i don't see it. Obviously I'm not using her correctly. Show me how to use her, please

It takes some practice to unlearn the way you normally play. I suggest looking up a couple of “How to use Ghost MCOC” videos to get a feel for it, and then use her exclusively in the level of EQ just below what you normally explore. Run her with Wasp and Hood if you have them and make her your only lane runner.

Trust the phase. Practice. Took me a solid week of just using her on Ch1/2 of UC EQ and I’m getting the hang of her, but I have a long way to go.

Dr. Zola

That’s it

Why dash with right hand?

• Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    GagoH said:

That’s it

To hit the special button quick enough. Hard to do with the same thumb. You have to do it quickly to guarantee all hits are critical.
    GagoH said:

Yes but thats only with wasp, without her it becomes much more difficult to make the sp2 crit consistantly
    Did you keep reading Step 6 after I said "if you don't..."? Because that covers exactly how to nail the specials without Wasp. It's hard, no arguments, but it's possible. I'm currently managing it maybe 1/3 attempts.

GagoH said:

Did you keep reading Step 6 after I said "if you don't..."? Because that covers exactly how to nail the specials without Wasp. It's hard, no arguments, but it's possible. I'm currently managing it maybe 1/3 attempts.

My bad , I didnt see it. But yeah thats a generic way of describing it. Theres two main methods one is that other is parry, but parry requires a light attack after. Other is to throw a heavy first then wait for them to charge at you (i find it easier to phase intercept with the sp2 if theyre at a distance versus right next to you)
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Sean_Who said:

GagoH said:

That’s it

To hit the special button quick enough. Hard to do with the same thumb. You have to do it quickly to guarantee all hits are critical.
    I do the dashback and Special with the same hand. No problem here
  • KeremKerem Posts: 140
    Nitro422 said:

https://youtu.be/KCheBUmYZfg

She has one of the best Champs in the game so far.

https://youtu.be/KCheBUmYZfg
  • KeremKerem Posts: 140
    or check this out

https://youtu.be/57nwIbMvLOA
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

Sean_Who said:

GagoH said:

That’s it

Was a problem for me, and many others. Using my right thumb is a lot easier personally.
    GagoH said:

GagoH said:

My bad , I didnt see it. But yeah thats a generic way of describing it. Theres two main methods one is that other is parry, but parry requires a light attack after. Other is to throw a heavy first then wait for them to charge at you (i find it easier to phase intercept with the sp2 if theyre at a distance versus right next to you)
    I watched a YouTube video that finally explained how to pull it off.

Attack into them normally, continue to not finish your combo, but then instead of phasing back immediately you pause, and wait for them to attack into you, just as they do you dash back, phase the attack and immediately fire back with the special.

The window to pull this off is VERY small and unless your reactions are absolutely on point, you're just as likely to phase back when the opponent dashes back and you wind up throwing the special into their block.

It's the most reliable way to nail the specials, especially without relying on parries.

But yeah, awfully hard to nail...
  • Seraphion said:

Sean_Who said:

GagoH said:

That’s it

Glad I'm not the only one, lol. I can't do the right hand dash and launch. It's very awkward. Just trained myself to dash and launch with my left. At the end of the day, do what works best for you.

GagoH said:

GagoH said:

I watched a YouTube video that finally explained how to pull it off.

Attack into them normally, continue to not finish your combo, but then instead of phasing back immediately you pause, and wait for them to attack into you, just as they do you dash back, phase the attack and immediately fire back with the special.

The window to pull this off is VERY small and unless your reactions are absolutely on point, you're just as likely to phase back when the opponent dashes back and you wind up throwing the special into their block.

It's the most reliable way to nail the specials, especially without relying on parries.

But yeah, awfully hard to nail...
    Agreed, it is difficult to pull this one off, but VERY gratifying when you do. Still have yet to perfect this maneuver. Good description by the way.
    @Sean_Who I actually agree with you. Before when i was using the left hand, i was having trouble doing the parry ,light attack ,phase sp2. I would often get like dropped inputs like it not registering the dex/phase before doing the sp2. Now it works better. Thanks for the suggestion @GAMEOVERJames

@PantherusNZ are you referring to the video by hobbitcrom? If so, i seen it and its good but not as reliable as they can hold block just before you do it. Try the parry , light, phase sp2 or the parry heavy phase sp2 intercept for more consistency (major downside is block damage/non stun immune only , but it definitely is more reliable)