**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New R5 Help... Thanks! (SS vs. Magik)

So I am about to r5 and have a tough choice. Sym Supreme I think may be a bit better but Magik is great as well plus could put on defense🤷🏼‍♂️. Please give your reasoning if you don’t mind

New R5 Help... Thanks! (SS vs. Magik) 9 votes

Symbiote Supreme sig 99
66%
Disbanded_pensTerraEinfachSoDas_giStellanFabwizi 6 votes
Magik sig 80
33%
Kamikaze_TurtleEtjamaK3600 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Magik sig 80
    Many will disagree with me, but I think that Magik is better than SS overall. I say that because if you can get a Sp2 and get them to the corner, you can just backdraft intercepts constantly. I took my R4 Magik against ROL WS and while it took a lot of hits to K.O him, he never left the wall. Just 1 Sp2 can give you the opportunity you need to shut the opponent down the rest of the fight. This tactic works on almost any champion thanks to her amazing power control. SS is more of a niche counter champ. I value Magik more.
  • Options
    StellanStellan Posts: 322 ★★
    Symbiote Supreme sig 99
    If power control is the only reason for the rank up, then Magik is probably the better choice. She does that amazingly but that is also pretty much everything she does with great significance. Her damage is severely lacking in my opinion and compared to SS she's like a butter knife compared to an axe.

SS has very broad utility combined with superb damage. Magik has fantastic super-specific utility but lacking damage. I don't think there's any legitimate doubt regarding who is the better overall champion.

Also, I believe damage is pretty much the most important utility. Without it, all other utility won't really help you effectively progress. So the ideal champion has both damage and other utility, which I believe is very evident in SS and probably the reason behind his constant high ranking position.