**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champions Compatible with Suicide Masteries?

I am debating on whether to get Suicide Masteries or not so this discussion would help out.

Comments

• OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Would be easier if you evaluated it the other way around by posting your roster
  • NIOBBBNIOBBB Posts: 138
    Sorry about that, My current roster usually contains this champions: Warlock, Magik, Iceman, Vision (Aarkus), Gwenpool, Star lord(awakened), Captain marvel(movie)(unawakened), Sunspot, Cull obsidian(awakened), Captain America IW(awakened)(low sig), Doctor Voodoo(awakened), Morningstar.
    I usually switch them around for AQ, AW and quest.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    You dont have a lot of suicide friendly champs. Omega ghost and corvus are the top 3 suicide users and without at least one of them Im not sure you should do it 🤔
  • There’s 3 main categories when considering Suicides
    - champs that benefit from them, Corvus/Ghost/OR/BWCV being the obvious ones.
    - Those that it doesn’t really hurt too badly - immunity champs, Domino, CapIW (champs that tend to only need one special to finish most fights)
    - Then those it hurts, no immunities, rely on spamming specials (Void) or get hindered by bleed (HT).

Warlock, Ice (ish), Cap to an extent, I guess Vodoo with his regen are ok, with them but you’ll have to alter your play style with a couple of champs. As Seraphion said, without at least one of the suicide monsters, I’d hold your units.
  • typghtypgh Posts: 79
    What is your reason for wanting suicides? If you grind a lot of arena, they help the fights go quicker. Like others said, you need specific champs to make the most of them in other content though and you don’t have the obvious ones.
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    Doesn't hurt to get suicides unlocked. Never a waste of units to unlock them for future use. I used them for a long time, turned them off for a while and then started using them again after getting my 5* Omega Red to R5. I say go for it and see if you like them.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    As someone who quite recently got on the suicide train I'll impart what I've learned from the experience:

1) They help A LOT for Arena grinding, it's become insanely quick and easy to smash through

2) They hurt A LOT for AQ, especially if you're doing Map 5+, unless you're very particular with your champion selections

3) They can really hurt your AW defenders, plan them accordingly

4) They are EXPENSIVE - make sure you've accurately budgeted for the unlocks. Check out https://auntm.ai/masteries/ for a really helpful interactive system to help you with calculations

5) They also take up a lot of your Mastery points, you'll need to very carefully allocate your remaining points and compare what's most useful for you - Parry/Stupefy? Limber? Deep Wounds/Assasination?

6) Bleed and Poison are the common point of consideration - you can have a champ immune to one, both, or neither of these debuffs. The bleed is more damaging, but has a finite duration and can be mitigated with the Coagulate and Suture masteries (extra master points and expense...) - without those you'll likely lose about 15% of your HP or so before it expires; while the poison is weaker, but is permanent and also reduces all regen by 30%. At 3/3 Liquid Courage and 3/3 Willpower, you'll likely have a net loss of ~1-3HP per tick. Based on immunities, you can avoid either or both of these. Some champs interact particularly well - Red Hulk absorbs the Poison for an extra Incinerate charge, Omega Red gets to heal up and be in his special mode (I don't have him so can't remember what it's called), Ghost can immediately phase both debuffs for an early fury boost (with both, her damage is literally doubled while the initial furies are active) and Corvus doesn't take damage from the bleed so, with both up and 3/3 Willpower he has a net heal while the bleed is active - really handy in AQ/AW :smile:

7) Recoil - this is often missed and is honestly the worst part of suicides, costing you 5% of your health for every special 1 or 2 you throw. Champs with reliable regen can handle it, while Magik's Limbo cancels it out (even unawakened) and Ghost can phase the damage from her SP2 if you have Hood along and time it JUST right. I think a couple of other champs can similarly mitigate the recoil but I'm not sure who. Any champs who rely on throwing lots of SP1 & 2 specials (Void is a classic example) are going to have a really bad time of it.

Ultimately, the decision to go with Suicides is based on what you're doing in the game right now - if you're a big arena grinder as your main focus, then go for it. If you have one or more of the champions who REALLY benefit from suicides (notably Ghost, Corvus & Omega Red) and/or champs who can handle the damage (Double-Immunes, Claire Voyant (can easily purge both debuffs after a single combo), Hyperion if you only use his L3, etc) and you are prepared to primarily focus on them for your questing, then go for it. If your focus is AW/AQ and/or you don't really have/use the aforementioned Suicide-friendly champs, then maybe give it a miss.
    I just got Corvus. Should I go for it now?
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    NIOBBB said:

I just got Corvus. Should I go for it now?

Corvus is one of the "Suicide Squad" who far and away benefit from suicides to the point of total net gain (the others being Ghost & Omega Red). The question of Suicides then comes down to what you're looking to do now/next in the game. If you're wanting to really start smashing out some arena then Suicides are brilliant for that; if you're looking to plow ahead with some content and plan to focus on using Corvus to do that, then suicides are again a good choice.

However, if you're still spread across the Battlerealm and working on AQ/AW/Event/Story/Arena such that you're having to use a wider spread of champions beyond Corvus then maybe the negatives will outweigh the positives.