**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★
    Technical question: does the good and bad tokens in the grandmaster fight counts as a buff, a passive, or a whole new mechanic?
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    edited March 2020

Best boss ever, and best reward ever for completion. Thanks kabam
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Technical question: does the good and bad tokens in the grandmaster fight counts as a buff, a passive, or a whole new mechanic?

No they do not, tokens reset each phase also.

I finally completed 100%. Overall this was some of the best content I think they've come out with. Abyss and Chapter 4 were really enjoyable and challenging. Grandmaster fight is actually fun an interactive. I'm glad they didn't lower block proficiency or give him insane attack. It is more of a skill based fight, easy to get wrecked if you aren't paying attention but it's definitely fair and difficult. The only issue I had was the 90% reduction in attack for certain lanes. I am lucky and had counters for all of it but it's just not a good game design, no skill involved at all just need the right champs. Mr. F, Doc Oc and finally got to use Sparky again (forgot how good he was) and it was pretty easy and enjoyable. But if you don't have the right counters you might as well forget about it, as it would be very boring and not fun.

I definitely give this content an A rating, I ended up selecting Cosmic frags from selector and got lucky and pulled 25% cosmic to form a T5C which went straight to Corvus the King of Crits! Kabam keep it up with the great new content you are putting out, and keep focusing on skill fights over damage reduction and block proficiency stuff please :smiley:

Also big thanks for hearing the community and updating the rewards..........I have a lot of ranking up to do!
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    One problem I think there is. In my opinion cap IW’s prowess synergy with storm and beast should work. Now it doesn’t cause it’s a so called passive prowess effect
  • ZurafaZurafa Posts: 52
    edited March 2020
    Just want to thank Kabam for a really fun and well made fight in the grandmaster, was a perfect boss battle to end the elders saga imo. Really hope you guys do more fights like this in the future (and nothing like the 6.2 champion boss again lol)
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Das_gi said:

One problem I think there is. In my opinion cap IW’s prowess synergy with storm and beast should work. Now it doesn’t cause it’s a so called passive prowess effect

It does work. I used it for that path
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 285 ★★
    Aside from the grandmaster, I thought the hardest chapter boss was Darkhawk, followed by CMM, Hydra Sym, Iceman then Thor Rags. My 5* rewards were ****, but I pulled Stealth Spidey 6* so it was worth it. Used a lot of revives plowing through 6.4.
  • Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    @Worknprogress what champs did you use cause a lot of my alliance mates tried it and it doesn’t work except when the champ itself also has a prowess effect (sunspot, EF, ...). Doesn’t work for the likes of domino or namor that don’t have prowess of their own

Das_gi said:

@Worknprogress what champs did you use cause a lot of my alliance mates tried it and it doesn’t work except when the champ itself also has a prowess effect (sunspot, EF, ...). Doesn’t work for the likes of domino or namor that don’t have prowess of their own

Definitley works for domino as that's who I used. You only get the damage during specials due to the other node. Regular attacks basically do nothing. The only time you get normal damage is during specials
    But how would little old me know that as you basically questioned anything I know about his game since you've decided to latch on to my posts recently @Das_gi ? Not sure why you'd be concerned with what I have to say
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    CapIW mutant synergy for the prowess path definitely works. I tag-teamed that path with Colussus and Emma Frost. Worked exactly as intended.
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    If I don’t have mr fantastic and don’t want to rank Yellowjacket who should I use for the power sting path?
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited March 2020
    @Mhd20034
    HT, Emma (in my testing she needs to be R5) or wait.
    Unitman is always great obviously
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    Can ht work for all fights without the pre fight ability?
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 399 ★★
    Yes, but without the preflight you have to sp3 and then you have a small window to get power stings up.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Das_gi said:

I have all those champions which path are you referring to? I just want to make sure I go in with the right champs while exploring.

Das_gi said:

I have all those champions which path are you referring to? I just want to make sure I go in with the right champs while exploring.
    The path where you need prowess and only specials do normal damage in the thor rags quest. I would bring emma along as well as domino really didnt do well for the man thing at the end and encroaching stun would be far easier with emma
    Also I wouldn't worry about the electro on the path when you see him. Your normal attacks fo so little damage the static you take from him is basically meaningless. Domino's sp2 doesnt make contact so no real need for an electro counter for that one
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Also I wouldn't worry about the electro on the path when you see him. Your normal attacks fo so little damage the static you take from him is basically meaningless. Domino's sp2 doesnt make contact so no real need for an electro counter for that one

Thanks, I should be finishing up the Iceman quest today and will start working on Thor Rags this weekend! I have Domino r5 sig 200 so this shouldn't be too bad at all.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Wouldn’t Man Thing armor break Emma and cause her to lose her diamond form and be stunned? @Worknprogress
    xNig said:

Wouldn’t Man Thing armor break Emma and cause her to lose her diamond form and be stunned? @Worknprogress

I'm not positive but it's probably possible. Still probably easier to play around it with Emma than someone else. I didn't have her as I didn't watch any vids so had no idea who to use for him.
    Some people were recommending Havok but.... 🤷🏻‍♂️

xNig said:

Would have to play around the encroaching stun on man thing but he definitely works for a lot of path fights

xNig said:

Would have to play around the encroaching stun on man thing but he definitely works for a lot of path fights
    Yeah. His specials animations take very long too. Only the poison from ManThing might be an issue.

I used my R3 Void for the Prowless line. Worked fine.

That active prowess effect, is that means prowess buff, or should it be there visually? Who has active prowess buff other than gambit anyway?

I *hope* they mean any prowess effect like from CAPIW's synergy, or prowesses from Sunspot's and Proxima's abilities
    Void has Prowess?
    Oh. I guess that would be the same as Quake being able to bypass the node. Seems to only work with direct damage though.
    xNig said:

Oh. I guess that would be the same as Quake being able to bypass the node. Seems to only work with direct damage though.

Torch's incinerate and Nova flames seem to do normal damage as well. I watched Seatin using Void on the path and Domino was far faster for me than Void was for him. Torch may be a decent option for Man Thing though not sure he'd solo

xNig said:

Torch's incinerate and Nova flames seem to do normal damage as well. I watched Seatin using Void on the path and Domino was far faster for me than Void was for him. Torch may be a decent option for Man Thing though not sure he'd solo
    Domino with CptIW + Beast/Storm synergy?

I’m contemplating running EF CptIW Storm Domino and Havok for that path. Wondering if there are better alternatives.