**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Beyond 6.4

ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
So now that we know 6.4 is coming in march and that it brings and end to the current story arc or saga, how long do you guys think itll be before we get the first chapter to the next story arc? Months? 6 months? A year? What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Hopefully about between eight months to a year. I feel like that will give plenty of time to finish all content in the game without it being so long that people get bored.
  • Options
    I feel like 6 months or so is likely. They’ll probably drop a variant or 2 in between.

As the more recent variants have felt like they’re between 6.1 and 6.2+ in terms of difficulty they might do a difficulty that’s between 6.4 and the anticipated act 7 to test the waters and to keep the truly end game players/sadists satisfied

I dare say it’ll probably take some time to work out the actual story line, difficulty etc.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Bigger question to me is how the set the difficulty of the next story arc. Will it be accessible or locked behind act 6. I think they will have to scale it back to make it accessible but we will see
  • Options

Bigger question to me is how the set the difficulty of the next story arc. Will it be accessible or locked behind act 6. I think they will have to scale it back to make it accessible but we will see

It’ll have to be more difficult than Act 6 tbh. We’re all looking forward to ultimately maxing our 6* (assuming we don’t just have memes for eternity), and R3 6* are going through Act 6 like it’s nothing if the few game play videos are anything to go by. If we get access to R4 from Act 6 it has to be R3 6* difficulty+ or it’ll be pointless
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

It should be locked behind act 6. U can't do act 6 without going thru act 5. Why should they make it more accessible? It wouldn't make sense to have stronger champs and easier content.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Act 6 is the end of everything...Galactus comes in and consumes the Battlerealm and everything with it and the game is over. All that will remain is an individualized stat page showing the total number of months (years?) and money spent on renting a collection of toons and pixels.

Seriously, I suspect there may need to be either (a) rarity restricted content that is open to most if not all the player base with completion mostly dependent on skill/roster-depth and/or (b) substantial increase in availability of high-rarity champs and materials to counter the ever-evolving difficulty of high-end content and overall game fatigue/boredom.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see a “start-over” type of event that expands on the concept we saw in the 1/2* quests from Variant 4.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    I think there will be a bit of a delay as Marvel Realm of Champions is released. This will give a chance for MCOC addicts to get sucked into that game as well since there will be some story crossover expected. Once a solid user base is established for MROC then they will announce the following story lines for MCOC. That seems to make the most sense from a marketing perspective anyway.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★

at least 1 year to start developing act7 and another 1 before it is fully released
    in 2 years from now the new abyss like event can be expected also

after 6.4 r3 will be more like a 2-3 for each person at least possible if done 100% and 1 path abyss

war seasons will be updated for more t5c and t6b will be the next goal

6 stars will be relevant for next 6-7 years from now
    5 stars for at least 3-4

it seems to go the way like Carina takes over and Galactus arrives..i think we can expect a lot side events until that days

I'm willing to bet whatever is coming after 6.4 started development months and months ago.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I think next chapter will tie in with their new game. Hopefully this doesn't mean the beginning of the end for this one. I never imagined this game would go on this long and hope it goes on many more years.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Mauled said:

It’ll have to be more difficult than Act 6 tbh. We’re all looking forward to ultimately maxing our 6* (assuming we don’t just have memes for eternity), and R3 6* are going through Act 6 like it’s nothing if the few game play videos are anything to go by. If we get access to R4 from Act 6 it has to be R3 6* difficulty+ or it’ll be pointless
    Neotwism said:

It should be locked behind act 6. U can't do act 6 without going thru act 5. Why should they make it more accessible? It wouldn't make sense to have stronger champs and easier content.
    I am on the fence with this. Most of the player base will never explore act 6. I will complete it but not sure I ever explore. If there is no future story arc that is accessible to most of the player base that doesn’t sound like a great long term plan.

There is a gigantic middle of this game with act 5 explored that is barely touching act 6. Personally I have 6.2 at 54% and 6.3 and 62%. It could honestly take years for me to pull the champs that fit the puzzles in front of me.

It’s all to be determined I just am not sure that starting a new arc knowing a large percent of the players will ever touch it is wise
  • Options

Mauled said:

Neotwism said:

I am on the fence with this. Most of the player base will never explore act 6. I will complete it but not sure I ever explore. If there is no future story arc that is accessible to most of the player base that doesn’t sound like a great long term plan.

There is a gigantic middle of this game with act 5 explored that is barely touching act 6. Personally I have 6.2 at 54% and 6.3 and 62%. It could honestly take years for me to pull the champs that fit the puzzles in front of me.

It’s all to be determined I just am not sure that starting a new arc knowing a large percent of the players will ever touch it is wise
    I’m not disagreeing with you here, I’m still plugging away at exploration as well, but in terms of difficulty progression if they make it Act 7, not story #2, Act 1, then it would follow that it’s going to have to be content that can stand up to R2 or 3, possibly even R4 (who knows when they’re coming) or it’ll be irrelevant what nodes and champs they put in for the most part as those who’ve gone through the Grandmaster have also done that horrid 6.2 champion as well so are probably pretty good at the game/deep walleted and will hammer through anything that’s not equal or more difficult with no problems.

If they make it a new story and start at ground 0 that would be different perhaps, maybe incorporate new challenge types but we all reacted badly to gates and restrictions except the V4 ones
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Hopefully about between eight months to a year. I feel like that will give plenty of time to finish all content in the game without it being so long that people get bored.

You do realize there will be plenty of people that are completely done with all content by end of next month right?
    A tiny percentage prolly. Also they are adding a Cavalier difficulty to the one shots. So there's that for you.