**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

CAIW Perfect Blocks on Parry

CAIW used to always take 0 damage from perfect blocks, but now does not since the mastery change. Was this intended?

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Was it against a matchup with block penetration like the chanpion? Because the parry mastery in its function didn’t change
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Was it against a matchup with block penetration like the chanpion? Because the parry mastery in its function didn’t change

No, it’s every fight. Same mastery set up as I had before the changes.
    Bumping this again to get closure. Could a mod confirm whether or not CAIW is/was intended to have perfect block parries? He has ever since the champ was introduced up until now. Thanks in advance.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos
    Man what in the world. I know with 100% certainty my CAIW is not. Stand by.

This is from Act 5.4.6, just a quick sample. But this is happening to me in any and every game mode
    Also my masteries have one in parry and one in perfect block
    Oh ok I see. Thank you 👍🏻
  • BlockProf Mastery (not Perfect Block) probably comes into play too in reducing blocking damage.
    Or at least does for other champs who aren’t already up high enough to take 0 Damage regularly anyways.
    Yep consider this case closed. I guess I didn’t realize that i did modify that parry mastery from 3/3 to 1/3. Thanks again for the insight.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited March 2020
    To be clear, "Perfect Block" and "100% Block Proficiency" may look similar, but have different results.

"Perfect Block" means incoming block damage is reduced to zero no matter what. Things like nodes or Block Penetration don't impact it at all, the damage is always reduced to zero. Sentry gets this in his Steadfast Approach state of mind. Other champs like Captain America, Morningstar, and Taskmaster all have the natural ability to score a perfect block without synergies or masteries.

"100% Block Proficiency" also reduces block damage to zero. The difference is that it IS impacted by things like nodes or Block Penetration. This is what Cap IW has. He has a naturally high block proficiency...as someone said, it's around 75%. By maxing out parry, well-timed blocks can reduce damage by 100%. However, nodes like block erosion or invade can chip away at this block proficiency, hence you'll see damage.

It's a subtle difference, but they are two different metrics measured in pretty different ways.