**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why do only three defenses count in war?

Give me one good reason that only three defenses count per champion in war. If my boss Korg gets 18 kills why do only 3 of them count? It’s utter nonsense. If you have a boss that the other team has that much trouble with there should be some kind of reward for your team. Instead after three defenses they can just throw as many revives at as they need with no penalty. It’s garbage.

Comments

• MrbockbagokMrbockbagok Posts: 11
    While I dont care one way or the other for the cap of 3, I would like to see more points awarded if you can one shot the boss.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    I think the 3 rule is fine for the regular paths, but that last section with minis and boss should not have a cap at all. That's a better way to determine winner. Reward for low deaths and punish high deaths
  • For the most part, whether you get the boss down or not is not the real issue. Most decent wars will always be able to get the boss down. Now if you’re above 3 kills already, I’m sure plenty of those other 18 are just people using up any little bits they may have left of health (and just trying it out to see what they can do against boss)

Whereas, if they weren’t above 3 already, many of those other 18 kills would not have even been attempted. They would have just left it to whoever else was best equipped to defeat rest of boss in as few fights as possible while there were still Bonus's available.

But agree that at least on Boss node, the Bonus's should maybe be expanded up to 5 for Bonus's available.
    **as well as maybe make “excess defensive kills” (above 3 on any given node, or 5 for boss if they were to change him), should be used as a TIE-BREAKER. Then at least it might count for something in cases where otherwise war is a TIE, which doesn’t reward Win points to either side currently (but even that should be changed to something like 50/50 points, or at least 20,000 pts for each side out of the normal 50,000 Win amount)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The short version is it accounts for skill without penalizing people for using Items. The long version is after Defender Kills were removed, it was an arduous process to come up with a system that accounts for skill, while at the same time doesn't create a scenario that would discourage Allies for making an effort. In the old system, Allies were winning with insane amounts of Points from Kills, and the system has changed a great deal since then. Bottom line, it ain't broke.