YES NERF MYSTIC DISPERSION or ELIMINATE DEXTERITY CRIT

2»

Comments

  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    it depends on which Moderator you believe.noos3mgbbkjr.png
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 88
    i dont think compensation would be granted if they altered dexterity as it is a separate mastery. For those who maxed out MD just because of dexterity i would say that is not what MD was intended for. As for KABAM its an easy money maker for them in AW so they wont change dexterity in the short term.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 120
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    i dont think compensation would be granted if they altered dexterity as it is a separate mastery. For those who maxed out MD just because of dexterity i would say that is not what MD was intended for. As for KABAM its an easy money maker for them in AW so they wont change dexterity in the short term.

    Exactly, couldn't have said that better myself.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    Im Bumping this topic as it got lost (id say for the 100th time due to other game bugs.
    @Kabam Miike
    Can you please do something to help the community with this topic
  • AndyAndy Posts: 33
    You know that you can evade attacks (not specials) without using dexterity? Even if you have dexterit on all you need to do is see the attack coming and dash back a bit earlier so decterity doesnt activate. Lol simple. Thats how i play
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Can't this topic just die? It's an acquired fighting style you need to learn..
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    Yeah @Andy and @Yelin547 I'm well aware of how to dash back to bait and not trigger dexterity as well as applying different fighting styles. That is not the point of this thread.
  • One fix ive seen proposed is that 1 point in dexterity wouldnt trigger a crit buff. I wouldn't mind seeing that.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Adzomatic wrote: »
    Yeah @Andy and @Yelin547 I'm well aware of how to dash back to bait and not trigger dexterity as well as applying different fighting styles. That is not the point of this thread.

    I think that is the point of this thread.... all be damned that everything has an upside and no downside. Is it only OP with dexterity? Remove dexterity... oh you need that with your style? Then heaven forbid there is a potential downside in some way. Look at the quests where this same thing has caused power gain in RTL or other places... learn to deal with it. You say you know how and can deal with it then why are we complaining. It forces you to fight differently creating a new aspect than just dummy playing the same thing over and over.
  • V_AnkhV_Ankh Posts: 1
    There are ways to play around MD in AW...However, the real reason people want this nerf to happen is because of Magik's limbo ability in AW.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 88
    The problem with all those saying deal with it is they probably all have MD at 5 and use mystics in war. You guys are the ones that should learn to use a little more strategy instead of just loading up MD and letting AI do your fighting. The reason this is worse is because dexterity feeds the MD but really its dumb.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    The problem with all those saying deal with it is they probably all have MD at 5 and use mystics in war. You guys are the ones that should learn to use a little more strategy instead of just loading up MD and letting AI do your fighting. The reason this is worse is because dexterity feeds the MD but really its dumb.

    You're honestly not worth he response but I'll give you something anyways.

    1) I face lvl 5 MD every war and have no issues seeing it
    2) my defense only contains only 2 mystics (by choice)
    3) I carry more than my fair share on offense, something you are clearly incapable of yourself.

    Before you talk smack learn to play and adjust yourself. Something you can't adjust for is something that needs nerfed. Many people adjust with no issues. Those who can't complain. Plain and simple.
  • FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    edited June 2017
    My issue is that something as powerful as md has no detriment, like suicides do.
    Yeah you spent a lot of units and mastety points, blah blah blah.
    That argument never worked for recoil on suicides and all they do is add new features to make suicides hurt more and more.
    Something as op as md should have a direct downside.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    It's very hard controlling your own specials at lvl 5. You are stuck using l3 very often and for many champs that's definitely not what you want
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Indrick781 wrote: »
    Honestly, MD is a bit overpowered but the biggest culprit is dexterity. Since you have to bait specials on the higher tiers(my alliance hovers between 2-4) and on bosses, dexterity becomes a hindrance. It's really noticeable when fighting a Juggernaut or Magik as a mini-boss/boss. Magik you just feed limbos which just melts you. Juggernaut just pins you in the corner from the L1 spam and then compounding it is then having to evade every heavy he throws which fuels more L1. Really, the entirety of the fix is to make dexterity a passive instead of a buff. That would solve the overwhelming majority of issues with MD.

    Take dexterity off when fighting them 2 its not needed. Having said that it shouldnt trigger md in the first place
  • The evade portion of dexterity should be part of standard game mechanics. We shouldn't need the mastery in order to evade attacks. The mastery could still be used for increasing crit rate after evading.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 88
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    The problem with all those saying deal with it is they probably all have MD at 5 and use mystics in war. You guys are the ones that should learn to use a little more strategy instead of just loading up MD and letting AI do your fighting. The reason this is worse is because dexterity feeds the MD but really its dumb.

    You're honestly not worth he response but I'll give you something anyways.

    1) I face lvl 5 MD every war and have no issues seeing it
    2) my defense only contains only 2 mystics (by choice)
    3) I carry more than my fair share on offense, something you are clearly incapable of yourself.

    Before you talk smack learn to play and adjust yourself. Something you can't adjust for is something that needs nerfed. Many people adjust with no issues. Those who can't complain. Plain and simple.

    And what is your MD at?
  • RetroRocksRetroRocks Posts: 54
    Turning off dexterity to reduce the effect of MD is a valid argument, but only solves half the problem for me:
    I am stuck using a very small number of champions in AW, only those which do not generate random buffs, it is inherently boring to play with the same team over and over and over, against most likely the same mystic opposition over and over as both are the most effective champs on those nodes. MD has made AW very stale. CapWW2 is incredibly boring to play with dammit!
    If I remove dexterity I have no way of avoiding projectile special attacks. All of a sudden Cable, Mordo, Iceman, Ultron, Spidey etc all become mega killers from having massive block damage on boosted mini-boss nodes, or insta-death from unblockable specials. Am I expected to change my masteries for each individual fight in AW?? That's madness! Yes, maybe kabam would enjoy me spending hundreds of units on masteries, but I wouldn't, what I'd really hate is the boredom of having to re-setup my masteries every 3 minutes, just because their game is poorly conceived, boring!
    It also doesn't help the problem that to have a killer AW defence team you MUST get MD at lvl5, but then all Mystic champs are awful to actually play with, as their power gain is all over the place, jumping over lvl1 power etc, goodbye any chance to use Dr Voodoo successfully.

    We need a more intelligent solution.

    I would prefer:
    Remove crit bonus on dexterity for a passive +10% power gain. I evade, I get power, any champ can therefore be like DR Strange of old an take down a thorns node without making contact, what an incredible challenge and fun! Really good team variety rather than have to take a specific one of 4 or 5 thorns killers (well, except now every blooming node is Mordo, sigh, boring)
    Release a new mastery which power drains an opponent on heavies. Kabam get more cash and every champ can have chance in AW by figuring out how to heavy fast enough to offset any buffs, again, actual fun!
    A change to MD, infinite power can be gained by MD as currently from buff expiration. However no lvl3 special is available, instead power is held at 95% of a full bar. Instead a lvl3 can only be unlocked by player or AI if some sort of physical contact or attack is made, eg. blocked attack, being struck, striking etc and power is then at 100% and then you are level3 specialed into oblivion.

    I would like more depth to the gameplay, not limitations on what characters I'm allowed to play with.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 88
    RetroRocks wrote: »
    Turning off dexterity to reduce the effect of MD is a valid argument, but only solves half the problem for me:
    I am stuck using a very small number of champions in AW, only those which do not generate random buffs, it is inherently boring to play with the same team over and over and over, against most likely the same mystic opposition over and over as both are the most effective champs on those nodes. MD has made AW very stale. CapWW2 is incredibly boring to play with dammit!
    If I remove dexterity I have no way of avoiding projectile special attacks. All of a sudden Cable, Mordo, Iceman, Ultron, Spidey etc all become mega killers from having massive block damage on boosted mini-boss nodes, or insta-death from unblockable specials. Am I expected to change my masteries for each individual fight in AW?? That's madness! Yes, maybe kabam would enjoy me spending hundreds of units on masteries, but I wouldn't, what I'd really hate is the boredom of having to re-setup my masteries every 3 minutes, just because their game is poorly conceived, boring!
    It also doesn't help the problem that to have a killer AW defence team you MUST get MD at lvl5, but then all Mystic champs are awful to actually play with, as their power gain is all over the place, jumping over lvl1 power etc, goodbye any chance to use Dr Voodoo successfully.

    We need a more intelligent solution.

    I would prefer:
    Remove crit bonus on dexterity for a passive +10% power gain. I evade, I get power, any champ can therefore be like DR Strange of old an take down a thorns node without making contact, what an incredible challenge and fun! Really good team variety rather than have to take a specific one of 4 or 5 thorns killers (well, except now every blooming node is Mordo, sigh, boring)
    Release a new mastery which power drains an opponent on heavies. Kabam get more cash and every champ can have chance in AW by figuring out how to heavy fast enough to offset any buffs, again, actual fun!
    A change to MD, infinite power can be gained by MD as currently from buff expiration. However no lvl3 special is available, instead power is held at 95% of a full bar. Instead a lvl3 can only be unlocked by player or AI if some sort of physical contact or attack is made, eg. blocked attack, being struck, striking etc and power is then at 100% and then you are level3 specialed into oblivion.

    I would like more depth to the gameplay, not limitations on what characters I'm allowed to play with.

    Agree 10% - Mystic Wars has become a boredom game of who has better mystics.
Sign In or Register to comment.