**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Elsa Degen but no Cable degen..??

MachoNachoMachoNacho Posts: 371 ★★★
Not sure if this was touched upon at all. But why can Elsa Bloodstone trigger her degen when suicides are active, but not Cable? I looked at both their descriptions, and i couldn't find anything depicting why it should not trigger for Cable. Is there an explanation for this? Thanks for feedback in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    edited March 2020

Yeah i figured someone was going to say that. But that begs one to ask, how is affected by, caused to, stricken with, forced to, etc etc. Different from one another to the degree that it's taking away gettin the point that the champion is bleeding.
    One could easily argue the bleed
    from suicides affects Cable to bleed just as easily as it causes him to bleed.
    It's petty semantics within the description.
    Like you said it's bs.
    "No officer. Me stabbing her didn't cause her bleed out. She died by being affected with bleed once i stabbed her. So I'm innocent."

There is something wrong with the example you used as no one hurt Cable to make him bleed while a person stabbed a girl which making her bleed.
  • Options
    ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Also, why does the post say someone posted something new when that some one was me?

• Options

Also, why does the post say someone posted something new when that some one was me?

I think it is a new forum bug. Been happening to me for a week now.
  • Options
    ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Frosty said:

Elsa's description says when affected by bleed which counts suicides.

Cable's description says when caused to bleed which doesn't count suicides.

"Caused to" and "affected by" aren't the same.

I do agree its BS though

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

suicides cause Cable to bleed, do they not.. so he should inflict degen. on the enemy when the fight begins
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    I think they removed it from cable cuz it was unfair to enter a fight and get unavoidable damage just because opponent used suicides
    But this is also the same case
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    From my own experience, Elsa should never have the ability to put passive degen on you at the start of the fight when she has suicides mastery.
    Just like Cable, it has to be changed immediately.
    Regardless there is a way to play around it or not.

All for one reason: Arena

1) you don't know the other 2 champs in opponent team when choose a team to fight.
    2) then when you found out that there Elsa is among the 2 anonymous champs in the arena, turns out you don't have a mutant champ in your team.
    3) now you're really at a disadvantage.

Conclusion: Not fair.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It’s simple, when released Cable had 2 counters (3 if you count the paywalled Vision). Alliance War had one visible node, the boss. You could destroy entire teams by placing enough Cables on the maps.

Elsa has ~30 counters and Alliance war has 5 hidden nodes allowing anyone to adjust for her.

Just asking that people look at the situation honestly. Is that too much to ask?

P.S. Her degen won’t stop you in arena.