**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who are the next heralds?

AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
Terrax pretty much confirmed more heralds are coming. Potentially more 2 this year (bit like what they did with the fantastic 4). Now that we have terrax and silver surfer, and assuming it is 2 more, who do think it’ll be?

My guesses are firelord and stardust (because they’re not dead, unlike most of the other heralds).

Comments

• AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

I'm going with Firelord, Nova(Frankie Raye), Airwalker, and possibly Herald Thor.

Interesting. It’s a shame nova and air walker have been killed off. I guess air walkers death led to firelord and nova led to morgs downfall, so they had an impact.

Cosmic ghost rider was someone I forgot about (if you count him). I’d be surprised if we got another thor, just because we have 2 already.
    Zeraphan said:

I’d be surprised if we got another thor, just because we have 2 already.

Spider-Man, Emo Spider-Man, Miles Spider-Man, Sparky, Stealthy... and Gwen...
    You’re not wrong. Soooo... thanks for pointing it out i guess?
    I don’t count gwen and miles, since they are different spider people. I don’t get why people want stormbreaker thor. Re skins are pretty unnecessary imo.
  • ZeraphanZeraphan Posts: 324 ★★★

Zeraphan said:

I don’t count gwen and miles, since they are different spider people. I don’t get why people want stormbreaker thor. Re skins are pretty unnecessary imo.
    Was merely trying to say that simply because we have 2 of a champ doesn't mean we won't get another version of them. I agree with you that getting slightly different versions of a champ we already have is not something I normally would want (unless we could have Angel before Apocalypse got him).
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    Air Walker and Firelord. Nova (Raye) seems a bit too much like Torch.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    How about, all of them lol.
  • MinvisMinvis Posts: 200
    Herald Thor would be cool but is unlikely. They’ve said they want to focus on new characters rather alternative versions of characters such as Infinity war Thor.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

I really hope that they add Cosmic Ghost Rider. Frank Castle has been ignored in this game for far too long.

I believe that’s why he hasn’t been in the contest and was excluded from the map, because he became Cosmic Ghost Rider.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Possibly Dazzler?
    Rom the Space Knight would be fun, but i'm not sure Marvel actually has the rights to the character...
    I can tell cosmic ghost rider is liked a lot lol. I can’t blame any of you at all. Him, firelord and stardust are the characters I’m personally wanting the most. I was honestly disappointed with how the writers used cosmic ghost rider when he entered 616, but he was great before that for sure.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

Possibly Dazzler?
    Rom the Space Knight would be fun, but i'm not sure Marvel actually has the rights to the character...

no, they don't. Rom is owned by Hasbro and licensed to IDW for comics.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Zeraphan said:

One: everyone has their favorites. I'm sure lots of people want to see Stormbreaker Thor just because they want to see Stormbreaker Thor. Two: a "reskin" is when you add a champion that is substantively identical to another champion but mostly change their appearance. Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel, for example. But champions like Thor Ragnarok are not reskins, because Thor Ragnarok is a completely different champion from Thor.

Personally, as long as the champion is substantively different from all other champions, I'm fine with adding different "iterations" of a base character. For example, Stealth Suit Spiderman is substantively different from any other champion, so I'm perfectly fine with that addition and I acknowledge that the character's popularity in the MCU movies makes his addition in MCOC good for the game in general. Annoying the tiny minority of players with Peter Parker exhaustion is an infinitesimal price to pay for those benefits.

As to heralds, if I had to guess I would probably go with the same ones as the OP: Firelord and Stardust, but for different reasons. Those two seem to me to have the most interesting elements to implement in the game. FIrelord has the staff thing going, and Stardust has a lot of creative latitude with energy manipulation.
    DNA3000 said:

Zeraphan said:

One: everyone has their favorites. I'm sure lots of people want to see Stormbreaker Thor just because they want to see Stormbreaker Thor. Two: a "reskin" is when you add a champion that is substantively identical to another champion but mostly change their appearance. Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel, for example. But champions like Thor Ragnarok are not reskins, because Thor Ragnarok is a completely different champion from Thor.

Personally, as long as the champion is substantively different from all other champions, I'm fine with adding different "iterations" of a base character. For example, Stealth Suit Spiderman is substantively different from any other champion, so I'm perfectly fine with that addition and I acknowledge that the character's popularity in the MCU movies makes his addition in MCOC good for the game in general. Annoying the tiny minority of players with Peter Parker exhaustion is an infinitesimal price to pay for those benefits.

As to heralds, if I had to guess I would probably go with the same ones as the OP: Firelord and Stardust, but for different reasons. Those two seem to me to have the most interesting elements to implement in the game. FIrelord has the staff thing going, and Stardust has a lot of creative latitude with energy manipulation.
    I was over exaggerating when I said “reskin”. Much like thor ragnarok, adding the same character with a different weapon is a waste of a slot to me, and I’m sure kabam said they would be concentrating on original characters.

I am interested to see what they do with characters like stardust, who are pure forms of energy. I guess we’ll have to see.
  • MinvisMinvis Posts: 200

DNA3000 said:

Zeraphan said:

I was over exaggerating when I said “reskin”. Much like thor ragnarok, adding the same character with a different weapon is a waste of a slot to me, and I’m sure kabam said they would be concentrating on original characters.

I am interested to see what they do with characters like stardust, who are pure forms of energy. I guess we’ll have to see.
    Energy resistance and energy damage. Convert all energy damage into hp of something. Maybe.