**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Generic AG - Doctor Doom

OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
As a quick overview:

- He’s at 5/65
- I use him extensively for questing (currently exploring 6.2 and 6.3)
- I understand his mechanics well, and I know his sig is not significant (ay) in most matchups
- His prestige is most definitely the key motivating factor, I can take him to 150 right away
- LoL not yet fully explored, so another potential generic available down the line
- Act 5 and all Variants at 100% (+ LoL easy path), so no chance of pulling a Mystic AG from those

When considering top tier champs that need their awakening, I have most of them already duped and at appropriate sig levels. Key missing pieces include Aegon, Cap IW, and arguably Colossus. I have class gems waiting for both Aegon and Colossus, but not for Cap.

I understand Doom doesn’t quite meet the generally agreed upon criteria for Generic AG eligibility (as subjective as those are).

But at the moment, I’m much more inclined to drop the Generic on Doom now, rather than let it sit gathering dust for Cap (I’ve had it for a few months now). I don’t plan on buying more featured 5*s for a chance to dupe Doom, so chances of awakening him naturally is slim to none.

Do I pull the trigger?

5* Generic AG - Doctor Doom 69 votes

Yes - awaken Doom
73%
Spity68B3LLAPrimmer79PsychoakumaDrake2078TerraSiddhantKwatraKennadoSceptilemaniacAhitlawRoOOtsRiggs_97Torah13CraaashAleorZeronaut81CiciliatoSmashMoudouNeotwism 51 votes
No - it’s a generic, save it
26%
ege999menBrokenRasiloverFaisaljavedReferenceCx8CASrinivasPHJfinHedronKyusushuiWallison099Giodood_1LeoZedValBr111SwarmOfRavensmOonligHtSonata7AouxWouxHilbert_unbeatable2 18 votes

Comments

• Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Yes - awaken Doom
    Do what you want. It's your game.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★

Lol you’ve already made up your mind.. you’re just looking for validation..

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, yup That and maybe someone playing devil’s advocate, just in case there’s something I’ve forgotten to consider
    Sean_Who said:

Do what you want. It's your game.

Unfortunately in this case, using it on Doom and saving it for Cap are both things that I want to do - but I understand where you’re coming from
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Yes - awaken Doom
    Yes, he's awesome. Then again... I don't always play too strategically. I threw a gem on OG Thor haha
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Yes - awaken Doom
    I have 2 generic ags, one of them collects dust 2 or 3 years now, I guess. Personally wouldn't rank a champ for prestige, but if you want to, go for it
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Yes - awaken Doom
    You never know what the future holds. It sounds like u love using Doom. There may be a champ u like more a month or two down the line that u will like better but the odds of pulling that exact champ are slim as u know. CapIW may be your next pull or it may take years to pull him. I've wanted ghost since her release and I still don't have her. The gem could sit there for years collecting dust or you can use it on a champ u love that's already at 5/65. I would pull the trigger and use it. Worst case scenario u pull CapIW at some point and then need a science gem. U could always use Doom to explore lol so u have another gem waiting for when u get capIW.
  • B3LLAB3LLA Posts: 9
    Yes - awaken Doom
    Doctor Doom is a solid champ, worth of an generic AG , he is all around, a good defender, good offensively and prestige is up there. Yeah pull the trigger :)
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Yes - awaken Doom
    Do it, I'll be awakening mine once I get him to R5
  • HedronHedron Posts: 359
    No - it’s a generic, save it
    Maybe you can wait till next variant if you want, since they reward AGs
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    Yes - awaken Doom

That’s exactly what I’m looking for, yup That and maybe someone playing devil’s advocate, just in case there’s something I’ve forgotten to consider
    That's totally understandable. It makes it easier to pull the trigger if people agree with your train of thought and even if not you might get some useful insight nevertheless.
    On topic now i think all your arguments and inclination to give the gem to him are really solid. His awaken is far from useless, prestige is crazy and keeping the gem for such a low chance of using it to a specific champ is far fetched in my opinion. I would personally pull the trigger since it checks all the boxes for me.
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    Yes - awaken Doom
    If u want the prestige he's even better
    Thanks everyone for all your insights and recommendations
    Neotwism said:

You never know what the future holds. It sounds like u love using Doom. There may be a champ u like more a month or two down the line that u will like better but the odds of pulling that exact champ are slim as u know. CapIW may be your next pull or it may take years to pull him. I've wanted ghost since her release and I still don't have her. The gem could sit there for years collecting dust or you can use it on a champ u love that's already at 5/65. I would pull the trigger and use it. Worst case scenario u pull CapIW at some point and then need a science gem. U could always use Doom to explore lol so u have another gem waiting for when u get capIW.

This was exactly my train of thought. Though I hadn't considered running Doom for LoL exploration - I guess he'd be very handy for some fights, and less suited to others, so it'd require some careful planning if I was to attempt it. I'm curious now to see how well he'd cope against ex. Dr Strange.

And yes, I do love using him - he's quite possibly my favourite champ to play at the moment. A direct result of his animations, seamless gameplay mechanics, and his capacity to uniquely handle a variety of problem fights. I think the designers and developers really hit it out of the park with him.
    Nimor said:

That's totally understandable. It makes it easier to pull the trigger if people agree with your train of thought and even if not you might get some useful insight nevertheless.
    On topic now i think all your arguments and inclination to give the gem to him are really solid. His awaken is far from useless, prestige is crazy and keeping the gem for such a low chance of using it to a specific champ is far fetched in my opinion. I would personally pull the trigger since it checks all the boxes for me.
    Agreed. And thank you for your personal opinion, it's gone a long way in reassuring me that I'm not about to make a huge mistake.
  • Yes - awaken Doom
    wake him up without thinking
  • MoudouMoudou Posts: 151
    edited April 2020
    Yes - awaken Doom
    I was doing through the same dilemma recently but I pulled CMM who probably benefits from it more for the things I want to do. If u have gems saved up for all the champs u want to max out in the future then awaken Doom, but if u don't then hold out