**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena ranking increase

Kabam can you please increase the top 150 rewards to at least 300?
150 is WAY too low for anyone other than youtubers and people who run arena bots lol

Been playing since day one and have 40+ 6 star champs, 130+ 5 star champs (15 of them 5/65 and 23 of them R4) if I play every round possible and absolutely NO life for 3 days I still can’t place in the top 150!! Closest I’ve been has been 168.

Is the only key to obtaining the featured 5 star is Multiple odins worth of unit refreshes??

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    So I can extrapolate the scoring for that many champs based on my roster, which is a bit smaller. 42 6* champs would be about 16.5M - 17.0M points cycling through them six times over three days (twice a day). If you pushed kinda hard but not ridiculously hard and did, say, about four hours of grinding with 5* champs on top of that you'd get to somewhere around 80-100 additional rounds per day for about 6-7 million more per day or 18-21 million overall. That would get you to about 35-38 million.

That would have been enough to get Gambit, Annihilus, Masacre, Red Skull, Civil Warrior, King Groot, Venom, Vision Aarkus (in round one), MODOK, Cable, Sunspot (also in round 1), and Mysterio (in round 2). Also the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 champ selector. You would have also probably gotten Silver Surfer in round 2.

If you wanted, say, Nova, you would have had to stretch to about 42-44 million. That would have required between 5 and 6 hours a day, on top of the hour and change it would take to cycle your 6* champs twice. That's way more grinding than most players can do, but it is not impossible for someone that dedicates their time to it (and actually has time to dedicate to it).

Alternately, you could spend units to refresh 6* champs (I'm setting aside the best strategy of refreshing boosted 5* champs). 60 units per round, or 60 units per ~200k points. An arena grinder should be able to earn 4000 units a month at least if they concentrate on milestones. If they then burned those units on one single featured they wanted to focus on they could get about 65 cycles of 6* champs, or about 13 million points in about three hours of work.

So cycling 42 6* champs, plus refreshing 6* champs 65 times using units acquired with arena grinding, would get you to about 30 million points. To get to the ~44million for Nova would have required about an additional 187 rounds of 5* champs over three days (this is a moderately high estimate, actually), or about 63 per day, on top of running through 6* champs. That's a total of 336 rounds in three days (5* and 6*), or about 112 rounds per day, or between four and a half and five and a half hours a day. All without buying Odins.

With a roster of that size and with a moderate budget of time to arena grind per day, the key to obtaining the featured 5* champion (as a first run: second runs are much easier) would be to grind arena for milestones and units, build up a stash, then target a champ you think you can get because other players aren't drooling over it too much, spend all your units on refreshing your highest 6* champs, plus cycle your 6* champs twice a day, plus grind three hours a day using your 5* champs. Depending on how high you think they will go, that will determine how much units you need to build up before going for it.
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    edited March 2020
    DNA3000 said:

So I can extrapolate the scoring for that many champs based on my roster, which is a bit smaller. 42 6* champs would be about 16.5M - 17.0M points cycling through them six times over three days (twice a day). If you pushed kinda hard but not ridiculously hard and did, say, about four hours of grinding with 5* champs on top of that you'd get to somewhere around 80-100 additional rounds per day for about 6-7 million more per day or 18-21 million overall. That would get you to about 35-38 million.

That would have been enough to get Gambit, Annihilus, Masacre, Red Skull, Civil Warrior, King Groot, Venom, Vision Aarkus (in round one), MODOK, Cable, Sunspot (also in round 1), and Mysterio (in round 2). Also the 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 champ selector. You would have also probably gotten Silver Surfer in round 2.

If you wanted, say, Nova, you would have had to stretch to about 42-44 million. That would have required between 5 and 6 hours a day, on top of the hour and change it would take to cycle your 6* champs twice. That's way more grinding than most players can do, but it is not impossible for someone that dedicates their time to it (and actually has time to dedicate to it).

Alternately, you could spend units to refresh 6* champs (I'm setting aside the best strategy of refreshing boosted 5* champs). 60 units per round, or 60 units per ~200k points. An arena grinder should be able to earn 4000 units a month at least if they concentrate on milestones. If they then burned those units on one single featured they wanted to focus on they could get about 65 cycles of 6* champs, or about 13 million points in about three hours of work.

So cycling 42 6* champs, plus refreshing 6* champs 65 times using units acquired with arena grinding, would get you to about 30 million points. To get to the ~44million for Nova would have required about an additional 187 rounds of 5* champs over three days (this is a moderately high estimate, actually), or about 63 per day, on top of running through 6* champs. That's a total of 336 rounds in three days (5* and 6*), or about 112 rounds per day, or between four and a half and five and a half hours a day. All without buying Odins.

With a roster of that size and with a moderate budget of time to arena grind per day, the key to obtaining the featured 5* champion (as a first run: second runs are much easier) would be to grind arena for milestones and units, build up a stash, then target a champ you think you can get because other players aren't drooling over it too much, spend all your units on refreshing your highest 6* champs, plus cycle your 6* champs twice a day, plus grind three hours a day using your 5* champs. Depending on how high you think they will go, that will determine how much units you need to build up before going for it.

Thanks for the info!
    Lol I get the math behind how many round I need to do to get a champ. What I was asking kabam is to increase the 150 to a percentage or even top 300.

It’s easy to look back at scores and say oh I should of went to 44 mill instead of the 39 mill I did but let’s face wit arena is broken due to crazy scores from whales and bots, increasing the pool of people who get the champ will bring down scores
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Thanks for the info!
    Lol I get the math behind how many round I need to do to get a champ. What I was asking kabam is to increase the 150 to a percentage or even top 300.

It’s easy to look back at scores and say oh I should of went to 44 mill instead of the 39 mill I did but let’s face wit arena is broken due to crazy scores from whales and bots, increasing the pool of people who get the champ will bring down scores
    Increasing the pool may not change the scores. If more ppl think they have a shot they will all start doing arena like yourself. With a bunch more ppl all battling for those spots it's likely the scores will remain the same.