**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Perfect Terrax counter

JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
Bishop!! He Absorbs and converts most of rock damage into prowess and power. Just some insight for fellow Summoners. Good luck all

Comments

• NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    Does he have to be awakened?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Nuclekerr said:

Does he have to be awakened?

No. It's his base kit that allows for energy damage absorption
  • mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    I think best might be to use Void, stay away from him as much as possible, and hope petrify triggers early. Honestly though, any champ will work once you get a handle on the mechanics of the unavoidable damage.
  • Bala_riyz01Bala_riyz01 Posts: 145
    magik is perfect bait his sp3 and use your sp2
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    mbrace said:

I think best might be to use Void, stay away from him as much as possible, and hope petrify triggers early. Honestly though, any champ will work once you get a handle on the mechanics of the unavoidable damage.

That's why Bishop is Perfect...he reduces the rock damage so you dont have to stay away from him and converts it into prowess and power, which then u can convert into regeneration or save it for SP Damage.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    JDunk2291 said:

Bishop!! He Absorbs and converts most of rock damage into prowess and power. Just some insight for fellow Summoners. Good luck all

From what I've seen, Namor does it easier .. ;) but yeah, I got Bishop on my "to try" list ..
    I have a 5* Bishop .. I don't have Namor at all . :(
  • tklmctklmc Posts: 54
    I used 5* r3 gulk and didnt take any rock damage, get him to the corner and always parry+sp2, he can't fill power bars while you're near him. When my health lowered by block damage I got away from him and wait the Willpower does it's work, it was not a hard fight
    I always use suicides
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    dot_ditto said:

JDunk2291 said:

From what I've seen, Namor does it easier .. ;) but yeah, I got Bishop on my "to try" list ..
    I have a 5* Bishop .. I don't have Namor at all . :(
    I have bishop not namor lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Good to know.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    My MVP was Gulk - the rock shield thing triggers Face Me! so you're regening everything and can just go nuts. You DO, however, need to work around the weakness because if you stay in his face and just go nuts then you end up doing truly pitiful damage.
    Just tried something different ..

https://youtu.be/Yvwou1O112E

Cpt. Beardo + Ironman or Vision for Tech Breakthrough synergy ..

then use Starlord, Yondu or Rocket ... and you completely turn off his rock field. :)
    (just have to survive the initial one ... then it's smooth sailing).

(yes, the video is "only" master .. it's just a trial run, and I'm not *that* good .. :P )
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,782 ★★★★★
    You should see how well CMM works against him... But, yeah, I like Bishop too and he is a good counter.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    edited March 2020
    3/45 Symb Supreme worked really well for me, bait a special to build the Indestructible Buffs on Terrax, use sp3, then spam sp2 until the fight is over.
    dot_ditto said:

then use Starlord, Yondu or Rocket ... and you completely turn off his rock field. :)

(yes, the video is "only" master .. it's just a trial run, and I'm not *that* good .. :P )

That's a pretty interesting way to deal with Terrax, basically means all Tech champs can shut him down
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    Try Mephisto with SS synergy, works perfectly.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    edited March 2020

That's a pretty interesting way to deal with Terrax, basically means all Tech champs can shut him down

Correction: Yeah as you said only SL Rocket and Yondu work as they're not metal... Almost forgot
    Mephisto said:

You mean Dorms? With Dorms they both take 80% less damage from Rock Field

Correction: Yeah as you said only SL Rocket and Yondu work as they're not metal... Almost forgot

yeah, that's the catch . I was thinking I was going to be able to go in with ghost .. ;) but nope, she's metal .. so only those 3 that I'm aware of ... still nice "Team B" option . :)
    Mephisto said:

You mean Dorms? With Dorms they both take 80% less damage from Rock Field
    Probably .. Mephisto + Symbiote synergy isn't very useful (for Mephisto), where's Mephisto + Dormamu is my personal Option A: 80% energy resist you can "mostly" ignore the rock field. Mephisto's soul imprison also stops the power gains from triggering :) so that's nice as well.

But I thought this was a neat little extra option ... :)

dot_ditto said:

Nice, Unofficial Kabam Miike just put out a better vid vs the Uncollected Terrax :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIuL-atlnbQ

Took a bit, but finally got a 1 shot with my Mephisto :) "woohoo"
    (didn't have any luck with Bishop .. go figure) hehe

https://youtu.be/e6eS-pFGDsY
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    So I got 5* 4/5 duped magik...
    got a 5* 3/5 duped mephisto
    Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5
    And just pick up a namor 4* that I can rank straight up to r5, dupe him and trow in around 50 sig stones....

Anyone can tell me why namor works so well against Terrax?
  • TerraTerra Posts: 8,002 ★★★★★

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5
    And just pick up a namor 4* that I can rank straight up to r5, dupe him and trow in around 50 sig stones....

Namor if duped and very high/max sig reflects all the energy damage Terraxs rock field creates
    edited March 2020
    Terra said:

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5

Namor if duped and very high/max sig reflects all the energy damage Terraxs rock field creates
    ^^ This

but 2 important things:

1) he needs a high sig level to get close to 100% damage reflect. (justas Terra said)
    2) you need to be attacking with Namor to get the damage reflection .. so 4-hit combo, dash back, then immediately start 4-hit combo again. (aka "Backdraft Intercept"). Both my video above on Mephisto demonstrate this, as well as this one demonstrating a 3* Namor trashing Terrax ;)
    If you stop and block, or are not attacking, you're going to get trashed ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_O50w4wI4

Namor is the natural counter to terrax .. Bishop and Mephisto (with Synergy) are very close rivals ;)
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5

do you have a Cap IW, by any chance? if so, and if you don't have problems with intercepts, Ghulk is a really good counter, i used mine (4* max rank/sig.) to solo UC terrax, and i ended the fight with more than 70% health... sure, it took 250 hits, but he still did the job without having to revive nor having to pay too much attention to the fight ^_^

cap iw isn't actually needed, but his synergy halves the damage taken from DOT effects, and can be really good to mitigate the rock field, than can be a little high after being active for 20 seconds ^_^
    dot_ditto said:

Terra said:

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5

^^ This

but 2 important things:

1) he needs a high sig level to get close to 100% damage reflect. (justas Terra said)
    2) you need to be attacking with Namor to get the damage reflection .. so 4-hit combo, dash back, then immediately start 4-hit combo again. (aka "Backdraft Intercept"). Both my video above on Mephisto demonstrate this, as well as this one demonstrating a 3* Namor trashing Terrax ;)
    If you stop and block, or are not attacking, you're going to get trashed ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_O50w4wI4

Namor is the natural counter to terrax .. Bishop and Mephisto (with Synergy) are very close rivals ;)
    Yes i did noticed the backdraft intercept.... thanks for the tips

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5

do you have a Cap IW, by any chance? if so, and if you don't have problems with intercepts, Ghulk is a really good counter, i used mine (4* max rank/sig.) to solo UC terrax, and i ended the fight with more than 70% health... sure, it took 250 hits, but he still did the job without having to revive nor having to pay too much attention to the fight ^_^

cap iw isn't actually needed, but his synergy halves the damage taken from DOT effects, and can be really good to mitigate the rock field, than can be a little high after being active for 20 seconds ^_^
    Got a stacked 5* 5/5 sig 100 CAIW..... which synergy works well for CAIW?
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5

i think i expressed myself wrong, but i was saying that cap iw has a synergy (Science synergy, can be activated with Ghulk, og hulk and another one that i don't remember right now) that can help ghulk mitigating the damage even more, not to use Cap... but it's true that the synergy works for cap iw too, because he's a science champion ^_^

Got a Ghulk, 5* 3/5

i think i expressed myself wrong, but i was saying that cap iw has a synergy (Science synergy, can be activated with Ghulk, og hulk and another one that i don't remember right now) that can help ghulk mitigating the damage even more, not to use Cap... but it's true that the synergy works for cap iw too, because he's a science champion ^_^
    Ok got it thanks