**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dormammu arena

SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
I got 6.2 mil and my place is 10377, think i got him?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    Yep. Rank 14.153 and under that got Dormammu
  • you got him

gn9yh34xnt2d.jpg
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Yep. Rank 14.153 and under that got Dormammu

The scores are coming in lower than I expected, but I think the number of people in the pool is having a pretty big effect. 5.2 million was ranked about 13700, but 5.9 million was ranked about 11900. In this arena the higher number of ranked players looks to be decreasing the effective cutoff score by almost 800k, which suggests that the "implicit guess" built into the scoring was somewhere around 5.8 million (the score below which scores start to drop off rapidly due to people not pushing as hard if they think they can't reach it).

I'm kind of surprised; the early numbers suggest Dormammu didn't draw as much scoring effort as Hyperion or Voodoo, factoring in score inflation and 14.0. Which suggests to me that most players don't think Dormammu is an effective attacker. I'm curious to see if Dormammu follows the pattern of Mordo (dropping a lot in round two) or Phoenix (initial score low enough to encourage people to try harder in round two increasing the cutoff).

Interesting fact: if Hyperion had the same number of ranked players, his round one would have been 6.3 million instead of 6.4. He had a lot of participation (about 13.4k got him). Voodoo would have gone for 5.7 million instead of 5.9 (slightly less: about 13k got him). But if Mordo had the same number of ranked players, the cutoff in round one would have been about 3.3 million instead of 5.1. Only about 10.6k got him. Conversely, if Dormammu had the same participation as Mordo, his cutoff looks like it would have been about 6.2 million (6.17 million ranked 10.7k).

That's what participation does. It can swing the cutoff of a champion between 5.1 million and 6.2 million, or between 3.3 million and 5.1 million. It can sometimes be a huge difference.