**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

End of the rainbow

Comments

• Options
    SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    It's a free surprise. I'll take it happily.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,780 ★★★★★
    Idk i just wish kabam would stop and think, would we use this if it was given to us? Also if theyr gonna throw usa surprise, then actually make it surprising lol.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    They could REVIVE us with a large amount of revives as a way to celebrate. :)
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

Now what should i do i have 1million gold no champs to rank up it remains sad i wish i could donate it to someone who needs it the most

1 mil gold will get spent quickly when u start ranking up 5* & 6* champs. I remember when I was still a newer player and thought having a few million gold would last forever. Then I was ranking up my first 5* to rank 5 and ran out of gold leveling them up. Lol
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Now what should i do i have 1million gold no champs to rank up it remains sad i wish i could donate it to someone who needs it the most

Gold use escalates in the game at higher levels. The people who have a lot of gold don't have a million gold, they are the ones that wouldn't notice if a million gold disappeared tomorrow. I would bank that million.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buttehrs said:

Neotwism said:

A lot of ppl have complained about being short iso and gold. I would imagine this is one of the ways kabam is trying to help that problem.

But its not even enough to make a difference....lol
    It's not enough to take a 5* from R1 to R5, no. People still have to earn Gold.
    LOL Its not even enough to take a R1 L1 2* to 3/30 hahaha, please go check how much gold is needed before you make comments that show you lack of knowledge of the game.
    I'm afraid you may have missed the point of what I was saying. I'm aware of how much it is.
    Please tell me whats the point if it doesnt even help you fully rank up a 2*? Why even bother with such a calendar? I mean Kudos to Kabam on the Green Event but this is just waste of code and time for them
    It's not a solution to all someone's Gold requirements. It's a small gift to help go into the pool. There's an abundance of Gold in the game.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buttehrs said:

Neotwism said:

A lot of ppl have complained about being short iso and gold. I would imagine this is one of the ways kabam is trying to help that problem.

LOL Its not even enough to take a R1 L1 2* to 3/30 hahaha, please go check how much gold is needed before you make comments that show you lack of knowledge of the game.
    I'm afraid you may have missed the point of what I was saying. I'm aware of how much it is.
    Please tell me whats the point if it doesnt even help you fully rank up a 2*? Why even bother with such a calendar? I mean Kudos to Kabam on the Green Event but this is just waste of code and time for them
    It's not a solution to all someone's Gold requirements. It's a small gift to help go into the pool. There's an abundance of Gold in the game.
    1. There isn't an abundance yet, Kabam is working on it.
    2. The gold they give, 50k, is not enough to 3/30 2* so...?? If I started playing the game 10 mins ago, it may be helpful for me only for a day.
    3. My point is that its a waste of time and coding for Kabam, Im not against free stuff but this might just be a useless calendar.

Instead of defending Kabam, you might wanna sometimes critique them too otherwise all your comments are deemed low quality knowing your commenting history.
    1. There's always been an abundance. Literally an endless supply.
    2. The Gold they give makes a difference to those who are running low, don't have any, or are working on getting it from other sources.
    3. Useless for someone trying to Rank 6*s with the gift they gave, but not useless because a gift is exactly what it is.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buttehrs said:

Neotwism said:

2. The gold they give, 50k, is not enough to 3/30 2* so...?? If I started playing the game 10 mins ago, it may be helpful for me only for a day.
    3. My point is that its a waste of time and coding for Kabam, Im not against free stuff but this might just be a useless calendar.

Instead of defending Kabam, you might wanna sometimes critique them too otherwise all your comments are deemed low quality knowing your commenting history.
    2. The Gold they give makes a difference to those who are running low, don't have any, or are working on getting it from other sources.
    3. Useless for someone trying to Rank 6*s with the gift they gave, but not useless because a gift is exactly what it is.
    False, there isnt an abundance in Gold especially when Kabam themselves are working on increasing supply so Kabam is directly saying and acknowledging the lack of gold, hence your statement is completely false by Kabam's own comments. The gold makes no difference as you can't even max out a 2* champion (you can check the cost as you might have forgotten due to quitting or lack of game knowledge)
    I'm playing again, thanks for the concern. I'd like you to point out where they directly acknowledge the lack of Gold. Pretty sure our last conversation left off with a refusal to look at spending habits.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buttehrs said:

Neotwism said:

False, there isnt an abundance in Gold especially when Kabam themselves are working on increasing supply so Kabam is directly saying and acknowledging the lack of gold, hence your statement is completely false by Kabam's own comments. The gold makes no difference as you can't even max out a 2* champion (you can check the cost as you might have forgotten due to quitting or lack of game knowledge)
    I'm playing again, thanks for the concern. I'd like you to point out where they directly acknowledge the lack of Gold. Pretty sure our last conversation left off with a refusal to look at spending habits.
    They pointed out in Dave's video and mentioned they are working on gold increase when someone created a thread last time about Gold problem. There is a gold problem if you grind Arena and still cant rank up champions, despite being able to rank higher rarities and ranks (provided by Kabam).

You can't ignore facts lol, that is just saying 1+1 is not = 2, thats what you are doing here when you say you cant fully level up 6* with 50k gold. 50k gold cant even level up 2* fully based on FACTS and not opinions/beliefs. So again, that shows your lack of game knowledge and pointless defense of Kabam regardless of them being wrong or correct
    They're working on a Gold increase because people keep asking for more Gold. Yet many, many of us have Gold and keep it while still Ranking and doing things like Donations. Why is that? How would there be a Gold shortage and yet some have no issues and still make their expenses? The answer is it is 100% how you're spending it.
  • Options
    Buying Cavs isn't how you keep Gold. I've already gone over it in the other Thread and it's pointless to reiterate that here. I'm leaving my point as it is. It's impossible to spend more than is made and blame the system for not giving more.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Buttehrs said:

Neotwism said:

False, there isnt an abundance in Gold especially when Kabam themselves are working on increasing supply so Kabam is directly saying and acknowledging the lack of gold, hence your statement is completely false by Kabam's own comments.
    Actually, Kabam has never acknowledged a "lack" of gold (except colloquially). They've acknowledged it is a common complaint, and they've said they are looking at ways to address that complaint by adding more opportunities to earn gold, but they've also said that simply increasing the supply of resources has its own problems they are concerned about, in effect saying that the constraints on all resources, not just gold, serve vital purposes in the game as a whole.

Not everyone has a gold bottleneck. But every player has *some* bottleneck. Gold is only the most vocal complaint now. There's no specific reason to believe it is the most important one. If you increase the gold supply just because it is currently the most vocal complaint, then that increase will have zero benefit for all the other players that don't have that constraint, and you now have to explain to all those players why *their* bottleneck complaint isn't just as important to eliminate as the gold complaint was.

Of all the bottlenecks, gold is the one players have the most control over. If a player is bottlenecked on gold, they can always grind for it, and the amount of time is not ludicrously high. It may be more than they want to spend, but nearly all other bottlenecks are essentially inescapable. If you need gold, you can earn an almost unlimited amount of gold. If you need catalysts, there's no remotely similar way to grind for catalysts at anything within an order of magnitude the same rate. If you need ISO, or more champions, that's also almost impossible to acquire at rates similar to the rate at which you can earn gold through nothing more than gameplay. Of all the bottlenecks that you could experience in the game, gold is the most solvable. Asking Kabam to shift it to somewhere else, and all players are going to be bottlenecked somewhere, is asking for the most solvable bottleneck to be traded for another one guaranteed to be less solvable, no matter what tier of player you are.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Buying Cavs isn't how you keep Gold. I've already gone over it in the other Thread and it's pointless to reiterate that here. I'm leaving my point as it is. It's impossible to spend more than is made and blame the system for not giving more.

Its possible because Gold rewards havent been updated even once since 2018 (when I started playing) BUT AQ/AW rewards for resources has been bumped almost a dozen times in total.

Again, you don't understand how end game/top-tier players have so much gold so I dont think you get why Gold is an issue for someone who grind 4/5* arena and still is short on it.
    You're making the same point you did before and I'm saying the same thing I did last time. Earning more Champs doesn't mean they should be Ranked faster. This began with the introduction of 6*s. Before that, I scarcely heard a Gold complaint because as DNA just pointed out, bottlenecks are shifting. More specifically, it began when 6*s were announced. People made the decision to forego Ranking 4*s and only Rank 5*s. The problem is, they wanted to do it at a rate faster than the game is designed to allow for Ranking. It takes longer to Rank a 5*. Even longer for a 6*. That's supposed to be that way. There's an increased Gold cost for a reason. You're not going to be able to Rank 6*s as fast as you get them.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Its possible because Gold rewards havent been updated even once since 2018 (when I started playing) BUT AQ/AW rewards for resources has been bumped almost a dozen times in total.

Again, you don't understand how end game/top-tier players have so much gold so I dont think you get why Gold is an issue for someone who grind 4/5* arena and still is short on it.
    You're making the same point you did before and I'm saying the same thing I did last time. Earning more Champs doesn't mean they should be Ranked faster. This began with the introduction of 6*s. Before that, I scarcely heard a Gold complaint because as DNA just pointed out, bottlenecks are shifting. More specifically, it began when 6*s were announced. People made the decision to forego Ranking 4*s and only Rank 5*s. The problem is, they wanted to do it at a rate faster than the game is designed to allow for Ranking. It takes longer to Rank a 5*. Even longer for a 6*. That's supposed to be that way. There's an increased Gold cost for a reason. You're not going to be able to Rank 6*s as fast as you get them.
    Lol so your idea is that Kabam introduce 6* and then they purposely stop you from ranking them? Whats the point of that then? How else do they keep top-tier players excited about the game? Again, your lack of game knowledge shows. If Kabam is introducing something new, they should also (at the least) allow access to resources in an equivalent manner. Which they are doing with rank up resources but not Gold, which will work with the update next month to Dungeons.

Saying people should stop ranking 6* is ridiculous because whats the point of hyping up 6* openings and champions when you cant even push them to their damage potential. Kabam doesnt want to shift the meta to R3 (which is still very rare for top-tier players except for a handful) so they have limited t5cc. But they want you to rank up 6* to R2 or gain multiple 6*.

Bottlenecks are not a problem, in fact they should be present. But making them in such a way that only people who spend money can gain access to gold and not those who grind arena for 5h/day is bad game mechanics and I have played multiple RPG, MMORPG and multiplayer games to learn that.

You should play more games to understand the economics and how its managed and kept in a way thats its not a Pay2Win scenario. Once again (no offense), it shows your lack of game knowledge. You can look back at all resource updates and compare to gold updates
    I'm going to dodge the last paragraph no matter how many times you add it.
    I didn't say they purposely stop you from Ranking them. I said they're designed to take longer to Rank. That's done for a number of reasons, but mostly to pace overall progress for the entire game as a whole.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Lol so your idea is that Kabam introduce 6* and then they purposely stop you from ranking them? Whats the point of that then? How else do they keep top-tier players excited about the game? Again, your lack of game knowledge shows. If Kabam is introducing something new, they should also (at the least) allow access to resources in an equivalent manner. Which they are doing with rank up resources but not Gold, which will work with the update next month to Dungeons.

Saying people should stop ranking 6* is ridiculous because whats the point of hyping up 6* openings and champions when you cant even push them to their damage potential. Kabam doesnt want to shift the meta to R3 (which is still very rare for top-tier players except for a handful) so they have limited t5cc. But they want you to rank up 6* to R2 or gain multiple 6*.

Bottlenecks are not a problem, in fact they should be present. But making them in such a way that only people who spend money can gain access to gold and not those who grind arena for 5h/day is bad game mechanics and I have played multiple RPG, MMORPG and multiplayer games to learn that.

You should play more games to understand the economics and how its managed and kept in a way thats its not a Pay2Win scenario. Once again (no offense), it shows your lack of game knowledge. You can look back at all resource updates and compare to gold updates
    I didn't say they purposely stop you from Ranking them. I said they're designed to take longer to Rank. That's done for a number of reasons, but mostly to pace overall progress for the entire game as a whole.
    And they are doing a good job in managing the pace for R3 6* but not ranking up 5* because a R1 to R5 5* costs 3m gold which you dont get a month. However, you do get 2 t5b and enough t2a for a R5 each month. Again, there is no balance here.
    Pretty sure he doesn't, and I also do not get 2 T5B every month. If not having enough gold to use all the catalysts you earn is evidence of a gold balance issue, why can't I claim that not having enough catalysts to use all the gold I earn isn't evidence of a catalyst balance issue?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

And they are doing a good job in managing the pace for R3 6* but not ranking up 5* because a R1 to R5 5* costs 3m gold which you dont get a month. However, you do get 2 t5b and enough t2a for a R5 each month. Again, there is no balance here.
    Pretty sure he doesn't, and I also do not get 2 T5B every month. If not having enough gold to use all the catalysts you earn is evidence of a gold balance issue, why can't I claim that not having enough catalysts to use all the gold I earn isn't evidence of a catalyst balance issue?
    You wont get 2 t5b (or close) if you dont do map 7 x5 and all top rewards. For top-tier players, cats arent usually an issue which is evident by seeing how many of them rank up 5* that aren't even so useful for mid tier players like venom or Mr. Fantastic or Doc Oc. But at the same time, I dont spend money on the game as much, just time.

If you do everything possible that kabam gives as a F2P player and dont have enough resources, then you could complain or talk about it. But if you dont do that and still complain, well there is the problem.
    An R5 a month is not really a pace that's reasonable, regardless of whether you earn that much in terms of Cats.
  • Options
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

DNA3000 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

You wont get 2 t5b (or close) if you dont do map 7 x5 and all top rewards. For top-tier players, cats arent usually an issue which is evident by seeing how many of them rank up 5* that aren't even so useful for mid tier players like venom or Mr. Fantastic or Doc Oc. But at the same time, I dont spend money on the game as much, just time.

If you do everything possible that kabam gives as a F2P player and dont have enough resources, then you could complain or talk about it. But if you dont do that and still complain, well there is the problem.
    An R5 a month is not really a pace that's reasonable, regardless of whether you earn that much in terms of Cats.
    Thats just an opinion. R5 a month isnt too much. A lot of end game players have 30+ R5. Act 5 has been available since end of 2017. So thats already 1 R5 per month. Again, I would recommend learning all facets of the game before commenting something that isn't factually (not opinionated) true.
    I say it's not reasonable. You say it's not too much. Both would be opinions. Being at the Top Tier of the game isn't a license for opinions to be more factual than others. Which brings me back to what I said originally. People WANT to Rank faster than the game is designed to.
  • Options
    First off, it costs a lot more to go from R1 to R5 in one month than it does to go from R3 or R4 to R5. Secondly, some do. Sure. They also go through their Gold in the process. Being at the highest level isn't a justification to accelerate growth beyond the point of what's healthy for the game. There's got to be a limiting factor that paces it out over time, and that's Gold in this case. "We have all the Champs, all the Cats, we should have all the Gold." is a statement that would literally break the game for everyone else underneath.
  • Options
    NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

First off, it costs a lot more to go from R1 to R5 in one month than it does to go from R3 or R4 to R5. Secondly, some do. Sure. They also go through their Gold in the process. Being at the highest level isn't a justification to accelerate growth beyond the point of what's healthy for the game. There's got to be a limiting factor that paces it out over time, and that's Gold in this case. "We have all the Champs, all the Cats, we should have all the Gold." is a statement that would literally break the game for everyone else underneath.

It costs 700k to go from R1 to R3 OR 2.5M from R1 to R5. 'Healthy' is something that isn't a term for this game. Define healthy? 1/month? Who said so? Kabam says 1/month seems 'healthy' because you get 2 t5b a month, so that's healthy.

You are missing the point about limiting factor, t5cc which is the biggest limiting factor. Nobody is asking for 'all the gold'. I am asking for gold equivalent to time and effort put into the game if Im not spending. 5h a day in arena barely helps me get a champ to R4 from R1.

'Break the game' ... what does that mean? Top-tier players accelerating way faster than mid tier? Guess what? Thats already happening thanks to Cavs and unlimited money that some players are able to spend, so much so that we already broke 13k prestige! (if u didnt know). Having 11k prestige is slowly becoming the meta for top tier players and I am one of them who still has Act 6.4 left to 100% as final piece of content. Isnt 13k prestige game breaking already? Who allowed that? Kabam, thanks to Cavs and the power of unitman for clearing content. Again, you are saying not to do things that Kabam is already doing.
    I'm not going to get into the continued bickerfest about gold between you two that's crossed multiple threads but how has Cavs hurt the game? F2P can open cav crystals just like anyone else. I just don't understand where you are coming from with the cav comments.