Summoners: The Thronebreaker Progression Point has been delayed, and will not launch October 1st, as previously planned. We are aiming to launch it next week and will have more information for you all as soon as possible. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding.

So what exactly goes on in scheduled maintenances?

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 877 ★★★
We have scheduled maintenance pretty regularly (I mean today's is the first one for quite a while but I think you get my point) and we don't tend to be many if any visible effects of these scheduled maintenances.
So what exactly goes on with these maintenances? I'm really interested to know what happens...

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,825 ★★★★★
    Anything server-related. It can be anything from regular maintenance to adding new content.
  • Larry_BobinskinLarry_Bobinskin Posts: 357 ★★
    Probably update the software, hardware or new patches.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 264
    It used to be every week....
  • RU11011RU11011 Posts: 729 ★★★★
    I assume in this one they'll be fixing some visual bugs like Kingpin's sp2, as well as regular maintenance work said above
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 249
    Maybe adjusting the AW season, removing points for war 5 this time?
  • RyanGolfRyanGolf Posts: 21
    way too much time lost for 1hr timers after 3 1/2 hours. Most of my alliance is now asleep. please switch to 30 minute timer
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 779 ★★★★
    Removal of basic catalyst quests lol
  • ZaosaflerZaosafler Posts: 41
    Nitro422 said:

It used to be every week....

It is server side maintenance. Some of the issues we have seen historically were probably the type that required a server rest to clear them temporarily. So they scheduled it every week. Issue was r3olved, no more weekly server boots.

This is a regularly scheduled Block Time window - and someone is always going to be inconvenienced. It’s when non-emergency system resets are done, OS patching and upgrades, hardware maintenance that requires a shutdown, and other customer impacting server maintenance.