**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Guilly2099 and Magik

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
edited March 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Are either worth r5?

And is magik worth a mystic awakening gem?

I also have warlock, to boost magiks damage while in Limbo

Guilly2099 and Magik 31 votes

Both r5 worthy
61%
xNigSpity68TendersquadAzKicker316Lvernon15Pizzabeat10or_StrongMaldroit2EtjamaArham1ddomThicco_ModeGinjabredMonstaCHIEF1121Das_giLeoZedSwarmOfRavensJungle92cataclysm 19 votes
Guilly is but not magik, shes no Claire voyant or Doom!
29%
TerraHammerbro_64Charlie_SceneMiStaLovaEinfachSolowlevelplayerErik_Killmonger1001unoobmeproGr8TonyStark 9 votes
Leave both at r4
9%
X_Factor_AgentKRANꓘUsername19273 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    I took my G2099 r5 unduped and no regrets. She is duped now, but I would say she covers a ton more utility/roster holes than Magik can. G2099 basically solos all of V3 if you haven’t done that yet.

I wouldn’t use the gem on Magik, she is still amazing without it (unless you need a defender)
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    G2099 is great for longer fights bc of her design, she is also a sinister counter bc she does not crit naturally
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    Both r5 worthy
    Magik is still the best power controller, she is timeless and useful almost everywhere. She doesn't need awakening, but it's useful to have limbo with each power bar
  • Options

I took my G2099 r5 unduped and no regrets. She is duped now, but I would say she covers a ton more utility/roster holes than Magik can. G2099 basically solos all of V3 if you haven’t done that yet.

I wouldn’t use the gem on Magik, she is still amazing without it (unless you need a defender)

@Hammerbro_64 oh i didnt know she was good in variants i thought she was mainly for long fights (Lol or AoL)

Magik is still the best power controller, she is timeless and useful almost everywhere. She doesn't need awakening, but it's useful to have limbo with each power bar

@AzKicker316 nice to see some love for magik, and i agree , nobody can surpass her in power control. With that said though, if one had a r5 doom, not sure if itd still be worth r5ing her
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    How does G2099 do in shorter fights? I'm debating a R5 between her and Sentinel? It seems her health pool is small and her ramp would be difficult in most formats.
  • Options
    Thats what I’m wondering, it kinda sucks that her combo doesnt roll over like aegons, the 5% sp3 thing seems kind of tedious to do every fight.

Also what if you unintentionally ko them while trying to get there health at 5% or lower? This can happen often if shes ramped up.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Thats what I’m wondering, it kinda sucks that her combo doesnt roll over like aegons, the 5% sp3 thing seems kind of tedious to do every fight.

Also what if you unintentionally ko them while trying to get there health at 5% or lower? This can happen often if shes ramped up.

That’s the most awkward part of her, but honestly it’s not too bad. Remember, the 5% thing only guarantees a KO. You can play a RoL fight (I would recommend Juggernaut because he has high armor rating) to see how much damage comes from the L3 at each combo hit because she has an SL-like function for her first 100 hits, and with that in mind, you can guesstimate what % of health the enemy has to be at to kill.

Also side note, I randomly discovered this, but if her additional instant damage from the L3 ends up killing them, it counts and you keep your ramp up. So if ur like in LoL and you are scared cause ur hitting like 10k bonus damage, don’t worry about it cause the L3 counts for it.

TLDR it’s much less awkward after you do a little bit of investigating

How does G2099 do in shorter fights? I'm debating a R5 between her and Sentinel? It seems her health pool is small and her ramp would be difficult in most formats.

About her health pool, it may seem low, but that’s only if you always use your persistent charges. Remember you get a fat armor up if you don’t use all of them (stronger if you don’t use any) that can seriously tank some stuff. Like, I was fighting the collector for elders bane the other day, and I brought both my 5/65 Hyperion 33k health and 5/65 G2099 20 thousand something health and when I got hit with an unblockable L1 as Hyperion, it got me all the way down to the Heimdall synergy I had. With G2099 and no charges used (so the strongest armor) , I took a L1 to the face and brought me just to about 15%, where my regen kicked in and got me back to like 35% when I finally transferred bane back over (this was high health collector).

Another TLDR: So keep in mind mind the fewer persistent charges you use, the tankier she becomes. Also the stronger the regen is

Last thing, if you are at say 20% health and you are getting ready to finish the enemy, take block damage to 15% and your regen (with 0 charges used) will take you to 50% health.

Final TLDR she is a lot more versatile than it looks on paper